LA of A All Star Game Jersey

cupie

Kind of silly that the A doesn't extend a little higher so it's behind the front of the halo, creating an actual halo effect. Right now, it looks like just an oval that's behind the A.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Kind of silly that the A doesn't extend a little higher so it's behind the front of the halo, creating an actual halo effect. Right now, it looks like just an oval that's behind the A.

Yeah that would bug the hell out of me if it were a real jersey but as often as I'll see it it doesn't really matter...definitely an oversight though.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

They probably didn't want the A to look exactly like the Angels logo. Didn't want to have a team logo on a league jersey.

It doesn't look great, but I understand it.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I think they wanted to make sure it wasn't exactly like the team logo in that regard. Plus, extending that A all the way up through the Halo might make the whole thing look lopsided to the left.

It's decent. I'm not blown away like I was with the ASG logo, but it's nice enough that I'm prepared to drop a bunch of money on one. :P

I hate to say this, but the Angels and whoever designed the look of the logo, etc. has failed royally. The logo is average at best and now these are just above crappy. I sure as hell ain't paying $100+ to see these crappy uniforms on the field for the Home Run contest.

I hate to say this, but the Angels and whoever designed the look of the logo, etc. has failed royally. The logo is average at best and now these are just above crappy. I sure as hell ain't paying $100+ to see these crappy uniforms on the field for the Home Run contest.

I'm pretty sure they won't have trouble selling tickets to the Home Run Derby on account of the batting practice jerseys.

I'm pretty sure they won't have trouble selling tickets to the Home Run Derby on account of the batting practice jerseys.

Maybe not, but when I buy tickets to a sporting event, I base it solely on how nice the uniforms are. :rolleyes:

well this continues the trend from the previous 4 or 5 years. Not sure why they keep going the route of graphic lockups as opposed to free form wordmarks that are used on every other mlb jersey. just makes it feel bush league in my opinion

www.skyedesignstudios.com

Maybe not, but when I buy tickets to a sporting event, I base it solely on how nice the uniforms are. :rolleyes:

So you probably haven't been going to many Bills or Sabres games lately. :D

(Unless they're wearing throwbacks.)

I think they wanted to make sure it wasn't exactly like the team logo in that regard. Plus, extending that A all the way up through the Halo might make the whole thing look lopsided to the left.

It's decent. I'm not blown away like I was with the ASG logo, but it's nice enough that I'm prepared to drop a bunch of money on one. :P

While I totally agree that has got to be the reason why they didn't extend the 'A', I can't help but say "If you can't do it right, then don't do it at all". Why half a$$ it? Just put the halo someplace else. Does it have to be on the 'A'? What if it were on another letter? or on the star or something? Not a good solution IMO. I'm curious to see what the NL's jersey looks like and where the halo is perched. As has been the case the last few years with the wordmarks; usually one league's wordmark looks a lot more appropriate then the other's. Case in point the ASG in San Fransisco with the Golden Gate bridge wordmark.

Archived