Local High School Football Uniforms

Chapeeko

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Countryside

299655_287645747931901_287204734642669_1065885_2116428186_n.jpg

There's my alma mater. Looks like they tweaked the numbers a little bit since I went there. Used to be plain block with no outline.

I think we all used to have plain block around there. Its a shame to see Tarpon go with Miami numbers (and chest font for that matter), because I always knew East Lake, Palm Harbor and those schools would eventually go modern, but I've always thought of Tarpon as one of those classic look schools like a Alabama.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Taylorsville High School in Utah. These were our alternate blacks we wore last season. Miss football :(

39432175484165818017100.jpg

I can't see very well on my iPod, but are you guys playing Murray? I had no idea they changed thier uniform up, I thought they still had that white helmet with the MSU Spartan on it.

And my sister goes to Northridge. I think you guys are in the same region, right? I haven't been as up to date with the recent realignments :P

Speaking of Northridge (Layton, UT) they're the only school I can think of in the state that has a matte helmet:

dav_sportscover_101311~0.jpg

dav_sportscover_101311~1.jpg

Thier old helmet used to be silver, and the decals were a red "N" with "Ridge" in black text on the N, much like Nebraska's N-Huskers logo.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Countryside

There's my alma mater. Looks like they tweaked the numbers a little bit since I went there. Used to be plain block with no outline.

I think we all used to have plain block around there. Its a shame to see Tarpon go with Miami numbers (and chest font for that matter), because I always knew East Lake, Palm Harbor and those schools would eventually go modern, but I've always thought of Tarpon as one of those classic look schools like a Alabama.

A lot of the time these days, the former jerseys get passed to JV. Here is Palm Harbor against Dundein.

296449_292649687431507_287204734642669_1085333_483528342_n.jpg

I think that was the ones before the ones we had my Freshman year. JV wears them too. You can see the player in the middle of the pile with the maroon and white stripe sleeve. Those were the last ones, and the one 40 is wearing was the ones previous.

Taylorsville High School in Utah. These were our alternate blacks we wore last season. Miss football :(

39432175484165818017100.jpg

I can't see very well on my iPod, but are you guys playing Murray? I had no idea they changed thier uniform up, I thought they still had that white helmet with the MSU Spartan on it.

And my sister goes to Northridge. I think you guys are in the same region, right? I haven't been as up to date with the recent realignments :P

Speaking of Northridge (Layton, UT) they're the only school I can think of in the state that has a matte helmet:

dav_sportscover_101311~0.jpg

dav_sportscover_101311~1.jpg

Thier old helmet used to be silver, and the decals were a red "N" with "Ridge" in black text on the N, much like Nebraska's N-Huskers logo.

Yeah they are our rival. Hate them haha. And no northridge wasnt in our region. And also i think cottonwood has matte helmets too.

Since I'm probably going to their game on Friday here is Kenosha's Bradford uniforms. It's simple but effective. They are heading to the state finals for the first time ever so it's pretty cool.

mjs-bradford11-04cofx--wood-bradford11.jpg

Go Red Devils.

The kerning between the numbers on #14's jersey is horrendously wrong.

As is the technique of the ball carrier. That looks like a fumble in progress.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Here is my old school: The Denair High School Coyotes (pronounced kahy-ohts) from Denair, CA. We are in the Sac-Joaquin section, Division 6, in the Southern League. The jerseys have been used since 2004, the pants since 2006. I was part of the Varsity team in 2006, and 2007.

Home uniforms (picture taken this past fall, 2011) :

coyoteshome.jpg

Away Uniforms (picture taken this past fall, 2011) :

coyotesaway.jpg

Every year we play our rival school Turlock Christian, home of the Eagles, in the Monte Vista Bowl. Its called the Monte Vista bowl because both school are on the Street Monte Vista Ave., and only 3 minutes down the street from each other. The game has been played since 2006, and both teams play for a Wagon Wheel. Since Turlock Christian does not have a stadium, they use different stadiums from around our area. Last year they decided to have the Monte Vista bowl at Denair, and since it was their turn to host, they got to be the home team. So Denair decided to wear their home pants and with their away jersey. This combination has only been worn twice, the 2010 Monte Vista Bowl, and the next week during play offs.

Alt Uniform #1 (picture taken fall 2010) :

alt2.jpg

Here is a pic of the team in the 2010 Alt combo with the Wagon Wheel:

coyotesalt2.jpg

So this year for the Monte Vista Bowl the team decided to wear the away pants with the home uniform since they wore the opposite last year

Alt Uniform #2 (picture taken Fall 2011) :

coyotesalt.jpg

Even though Denair copied the Denver Broncos uniform, I really like how it looks. Were our the only purple team in our league, and the only purple team in our area that doesn't use purple and yellow or purple and gold. I would post helmet information but we change almost every year. I want to collect pictures of all the helmets used at Denair and try to create a uniform data base for Denair. Thats my ultimate goal

raiders-2.png

Some more I found:

Maple Mountain Golden Eagles (Mapleton, UT) - The quarterback is Kalin Hall, Jr., son of former BYU and CFL (Hamilton, I think?) back Kalin Hall.

4e85b6e7184ae.image.jpg

Herriman Mustangs (Herriman, UT)

604542.jpg

(roads) vs. Logan Grizzlies (Logan, UT)

4eac819eb0946.preview-300.jpg

In my first post in the thread, I showed South Summit's (Kamas, UT) wacky uniform. Well, they've apparently made some small changes (changed numbers entirely, dropped a significant amount of black):

south_summit_football.jpg

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Seems like it is, PN-G just added black facemasks and trim in 2009. When I played baseball there from 95-97 we looked like the Rockies. We got a new coach in 98, a PN-G grad and the first thing he did was get rid of black and silver saying our colors are PURPLE and WHITE!

My high school has clamped down on black on everything from band shirts to football uniforms (2005-06; black head-to-toe almost, gone in 2007). The argument is similar. However, the identity issues and confusion stretch beyond athletics (and not in a good way). I'd like to have someone on this board sometime take a crack as to how they would modernize the school's image, which, try as they might, is still rather dated.

Archived