Local High School Football Uniforms

Chapeeko

gonna throw in a bit of an Aussie twist to this thread:

6162276227_61f32d3de6_z.jpg

This my school's (Aquinas College) 1st XV rugby uniform. The team in the green are our arch-rivals trinity college.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ShabazzvsNutley.jpg

I like the helmet of the guy who is tackling the player in the second picture. Those are sweet!

That's Shabazz High School, located in Newark. I watched that game; we lost 48-42. They use the old Miami template. And yeah, they're helmets are funky. You'll see in these pics, they have the logo on the front and the block S on both sides:

Shabazz2.jpg

fb%20shabazz.jpg

260701700001_591971555001_TraditionsShabazz-mov-still.jpg?pubId=260701700001

I'm looking for a better pic of their home uniforms, but I'm pretty sure they go black/yellow/black (shown above) at home. I don't believe they have a black jersey.

And since I'm still talking about local football, I might as well show our biggest rivals, the Belleville Buccaneers (member NJTank's hometown team). Little fact: Belleville athletic teams were originally the Belleville Bellboys, but down the line they changed it to Buccaneers and now they use a royal blue/yellow recolored Bucco Bruce as they're primary, and a recolored version of the current TB Bucs primary on their helmets. Nutley plays Belleville every year on Thanksgiving and we usually win :P

FOOTBALLCHSvsBelleville_.jpg?width=300

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

I post these in every high school football thread, but that's because they're my favorite football uniforms at any level.

Dublin Scioto High School. Dublin, Ohio.

football3-2.jpg

SciotoFootball2010VsWestervilleSouth.jpg

2003helmet.jpg

It's like they took OSU's uniforms they wore up until 05, replaced red with green, and made everything else better.

PvO6ZWJ.png

More local northwest NJ football:

1. DePaul Catholic - Wayne, NJ - Spartans

My cousin goes to DePaul and is starting DT on the Junior Varsity team. They're pretty much Michigan State with some tweaks:

DavonJacobs3_082511_td_tif_.jpg

2. West Orange - West Orange, NJ - Mountaineers

Growing up and playing on the travel basketball team, West Orange was the team we'd always see in the finals. Football, they're alright. They're the team in all-navy.

christian%20smith.jpg

3. Saint Peter's Prep - Jersey City, NJ - Marauders

Most athletes and stuck-up Nutley kids end up at St. Peter's. For the record, I was both, and a good student, and still went to Nutley High.

fb%20jones.JPG

4. Bloomfield - Bloomfield, NJ - Bengals

The Bengals. One of the worst teams we played in my basketball days. I went to Sunday School in Bloomfield and knew a couple guys who went there. The younger teams for Bloomfield use red and white, as opposed to the cherry and white seen here.

-0240a5ac84a009f7.JPG

5. Montclair - Montclair, NJ - Mounties

Yes, Montclair uses those helmets seen in the Bloomfield pic from time to time. Their everyday unis are a little tamer. They use the overused Mizzou template.

nj-est-orng-cmpus_v_montclr-gmead_shtspstd_flt-fnl-2010-537x344.jpg

I'll post some more tomorrow.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

I post these in every high school football thread, but that's because they're my favorite football uniforms at any level.

It's like they took OSU's uniforms they wore up until 05, replaced red with green, and made everything else better.

um, how is bagpipes irish?

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

football3-2.jpg

2003helmet.jpg

Speaking of Ohio State....

Spanish Fork Dons - Spanish Fork, UT

2043980_DNmid.jpg

Basically carbon copies of the Buckeyes, except for sticker-less helmets and a very small recolored Giants "SF" on the chest.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

um, how is bagpipes irish?

The Irish have their own set of bagpipes, called uilleann pipes. They are pretty much impossible to play while standing/walking/marching, so they borrow the Scottish bagpipes when the event calls for it, as seen in the picture.

spacer.png

Bountiful Braves - Bountiful, UT

luke.jpg

Oh Bountiful, we're proud of you. And of your red and grey!

Sidenote, I often forget just how good SO many local teams look.

I wished my alma mater, Kanab HS (Cowboys), stuck with red/white/silver. They've pretty much dropped silver as their 3rd color for black a few years back:

Here's their home:

default.jpg

and their road (which is the better of their looks):

default.jpg

They even have black alternates, which are worn on senior nights (the last home game of the regular season). Design-wise, the black uniforms are better than either of their regular set:

default.jpg

but it's still BFBS. I'd prefer them use a darker gray, like the boys' basketball team wears (as evidenced by the shoes):

default.jpg

I can't think of any other Utah school that wears the dark gray color, so they'd stand out in that department.

Another school that deserves mention is North Sevier, if for but their colors:

1380971_DNmid.jpg

They're the only school or team that I can think of that wears maroon and blue together. I even like the number font, and, for a high school team, those white uniforms aren't bad.

I'm enjoying the YELLOW jackets in all black and "Shabazz" high school. With a name like that Billy Mays should be their mascot.

That's nothing.

When I played HS basketball, we traveled to play against a team called the Greencastle Blue Devils...who wore yellow uniforms (blue numbers).

Green...Blue...in Yellow? Huh? I thought it was odd then too. They've since changed to Navy with yellow.

87Redskins.png

Quince Orchard Cougars vs Paint Branch Panthers (Darnell Dockett's alma mater)

37797544.jpg?function=resize&mode=SCALE&width=600&maxheight=430

Damascus Swarmin' Hornets vs Wootton Patriots (note the Pat the Patriot helmet)

37814900.jpg?function=resize&mode=SCALE&width=600&maxheight=430

Walter Johnson Wildcats vs Springbrook Blue Devils (Shawn Springs' alma mater)... WJ is always terrible, surprising to see them with NIKE uniforms now.

37772516.jpg?function=resize&mode=SCALE&width=600&maxheight=430

90758391980.gif

football3-2.jpg

2003helmet.jpg

2043980_DNmid.jpg

Basically carbon copies of the Buckeyes, except for sticker-less helmets and a very small recolored Giants "SF" on the chest.

Oh look, two Ohio State ripoffs, how original <_<

I'm sorry, but I don't see how they're so great. I hate recolors, and these are nothing but recolors.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

football3-2.jpg

2003helmet.jpg

2043980_DNmid.jpg

Oh look, two Ohio State ripoffs, how original glare.gif

I'm sorry, but I don't see how they're so great. I hate recolors, and these are nothing but recolors.

Ummm. this is high school. Most teams are going to be templated and recolors. There's no rich alums giving them new looks every year. It's also a classic jersey so it's going to be copied by some teams.

football3-2.jpg

2003helmet.jpg

2043980_DNmid.jpg

Oh look, two Ohio State ripoffs, how original glare.gif

Ummm. this is high school. Most teams are going to be templated and recolors. There's no rich alums giving them new looks every year. It's also a classic jersey so it's going to be copied by some teams.

I know that, and that's why I don't think these are the best high school uniforms ever like McCarthy said.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived