The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the contrary, the Yakov Smirnov construction still works remarkably well in the right hands. Granted, part of it will always be the groan of expectation, but "logo designs you" actually fits.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I hate that the Cavs are using that yellow color, highly unnecessary. Copperplate, Warriors? Come on.

I'm kind of excited to see how the Jazz roll this out, however I can't say I'm really a fan of that logo--it was excellent for its time and should be a symbol of the past, not the present.

I am happy to see the Bobcats fully integrate the newer frontal Bobcat head.

I just need to know, who has direct access to the new unreleased logos as of now? I?m not going to ask you to show me what it looks like, but I want to email you a version of what I think it is, and then you can either confirm what I have is correct (breaking my heart along with the rest of Jazz Nation at the same time) or confirm it?s incorrect.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

So every other Jazz fan in the world will be devastated because they actually decided to bring the basketball in the logo up to date?

No, I?m talking about another recolor of their current logo; it has nothing to do with the old retro logo.

Oh hell no they're not recoloring the 1996 logo again and only using the J-note on the uniforms. That would be a new low in branding.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Oh hell no they're not recoloring the 1996 logo again and only using the J-note on the uniforms. That would be a new low in branding.

That might be a reality my friend! I?m afraid they?re going to use a recolor of the current logo as the primary or the secondary in this case.

No, they're unveiling the old "new" logo.

June 15th we'll see the new logo and uniforms, so probably the uniforms will get leaked first week of june.

Alex, do you have direct access to the new unreleased logo?

Well it was just confirmed to me that the Utah Jazz Primary logo will remain the same outside of a recolor and a different font for the ?UTAH? above the mountain tops. The Secondary logo is the logo that everyone saw on the watch photos. The plan is the use the secondary logo in more places than the recolored primary, so you could honestly argue that the new secondary is the primary! Also, the wordmark that?s currently on the baby blue alternates has been recolored and thrown into the logo mix as either just a wordmark logo or an alternate logo. I?m pretty sure they?ll slap it on a new green uniform 2 years down the road!

Are NBA teams that cash strapped that they can't just pony up the money and really change the :censored: ing primary as opposed to introducing new secondaries ersatz primaries?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Are NBA teams that cash strapped that they can't just pony up the money and really change the :censored: ing primary as opposed to introducing new secondaries ersatz primaries?

Apparently the fines are $1,000,000, if not much more for a team to change their whole identity. Now I don?t know if that?s at any point in time or within a certain window after their last logo update/change.

That's embarrassing. Another recolor? Come on, Utah.

agreed.

so, this for the recolor?

Jazz10-11.png

No, that's not it but close.

Could I get into trouble if I actually talk about the specifics of the uniforms and the logos on here? I don't want to bring the board any trouble or problems from the league or anyone else.

Archived