The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prepare to be disappointed then. They're fixing the ball and losing the UTAH script.

Where are you getting your info?

I've seen the leaked logo. You would have to if you had looked at the new NBA logo thread before the NBA pulled all the images (really people, start downloading to Photobucket).

It's not going to be the original, I hate to break it to you. Feel free to not believe me, but you'll see once it's unveiled.

While I like the fact that they fixed the ball, I'm not sure how I like it without the UTAH script, and the colour scheme is to dark.

Here's a rendering Conrad made of all the new logos earlier in the thread:

new-NBA-2010-11.png

Yep. Given that the Bobcats and Suns merchandise used their alternate marks, I'll concede that the Jazz logo without the UTAH script may be an alternate, but the ball definitely has a line going through the centre.

I think I like the ball better without the full horizontal line. It just looks like it's in too many pieces now to me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Prepare to be disappointed then. They're fixing the ball and losing the UTAH script.

Where are you getting your info?

I've seen the leaked logo. You would have to if you had looked at the new NBA logo thread before the NBA pulled all the images (really people, start downloading to Photobucket).

It's not going to be the original, I hate to break it to you. Feel free to not believe me, but you'll see once it's unveiled.

While I like the fact that they fixed the ball, I'm not sure how I like it without the UTAH script, and the colour scheme is to dark.

It sounds like your sources are from those watch photos, which I?m not completely sold on just yet. Sure, the new Golden State logo is awesome compared to what they have, but it is possible to get versions of logos mixed up.

Again, I honestly don?t think the ball line is fixed with the new logo. Sure the current secondary has the horizontal line going all the way through but I?m willing to put my name out there today and say it won?t be ?fixed?.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Sounds to me you're not sold on them because you don't like what you see. Fine. Just keep denying it until the unveiling :P

That?s partially true, but it?s also because of what I really am seeing in the video, and from my personal conversation I?ve had with Jazz staff. I?ll be more than happy to swallow my pride if you end up being right, but I don?t think that?ll be the case. :D

So, is it just going to be a (virtual) return to the 1980s logo, with the fixed ball and without "UTAH" on the logo? As far as I'm concerned, that's close enough to a simple recycle for me.

That "JAZZ" Script seems to be navy blue, rather than purple like it's early days.

That?s exactly what it is, and that?s been their plan all along??ditch the purple and go with the navy blue.

That "JAZZ" Script seems to be navy blue, rather than purple like it's early days.

That?s exactly what it is, and that?s been their plan all along??ditch the purple and go with the navy blue.

Well, yea, of course going with navy blue...but besides that?

A lot of people have different opinions on that as of right now. Ball fixed or unfixed? ?UTAH? script or no ?UTAH? script?

I remember seeing this a few years ago

lz7lf.gif

Славные советские сети Бруклин

Камрад!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

A lot of people have different opinions on that as of right now. Ball fixed or unfixed? ?UTAH? script or no ?UTAH? script?

I could go either way on the ball, but the logo looks a ton better without 'UTAH' sitting up there. You should probably just accept the speculation as truth. Save yourself some stress.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I could go either way on the ball, but the logo looks a ton better without 'UTAH' sitting up there. You should probably just accept the speculation as truth. Save yourself some stress.

I don't care if "UTAH" is above the Jazz logo or not, but I do prefer that the "UTAH" is not included on any of the jerseys. I think it looks a lot cleaner.

It should be interesting to see how pull off the new jerseys. I can picture the home whites with the watch logo and 80s template we've all grown to love. But, I am wondering how or if they'll incorporate the blue into a green jersey. I just don't think blue will look good in a predominant green jersey.

We'll just have to wait until later this summer.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I've seen another away version of the new logo on a watch with a navy background an it was gold and if you are looking at the ball from left to right it was gold,white,green and gold. It was taken down I believe it was posted by Colorwerx.

Now that I've thought about for a while it may have been white withe the ball being white,gold,green and white. I wish somebody had copied that one on the dark background before it was taken down.

Archived