The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any chance we will see some changes to the Nets uniforms? They asked Prokhorov how he would improve the Nets image, and he did not have a serious answer. In the past when teams do as bad as the Nets, they try to roll out a new uniform, trying to reflect that they are a new team. Then again, with the possible Brooklyn move in a few years, it would be stupid now to change things up, only having to change it up again.

Didn't the Nets ditch the "New Jersey" road uni's a couple of seasons ago? I believe road and home both just say "Nets" across the front. So a uni change could be done now if they wanted. I really wish they'd do something about those ginormous letters. Maybe a nice script circa 80's Nets.

i know this is a little early, but found this on US trademark website

imageagentproxy.jpg

it is registered by

Nets Sports and Entertainment, LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY DELAWARE c/o Kane Kessler P.C. 1350 Avenue of the Americas New York NEW YORK 10019

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=doc&state=4002:3iqo14.13.46

Awesome find! I'm a little disappointed they're keeping the silver, though. I thought they'd be returning to the days of the New York Nets with red, white, and blue.

The Most Interesting Owner in the NBA has mentioned/joked about possibly changing the Nets' name...

Just a week into his reign as owner of the Nets, Mikhail Prokhorov is already getting rid of the team's general manager. Next, he could be getting rid of the team's name.

Minutes after telling reporters that he is not inviting Kiki Vandeweghe back after his contract expires on June 30, the Nets' Russian owner asked the press to help him come up with a new nickname for his team.

"Let me ask you some questions," Prokhorov said to a small group of reporters during a private brunch meeting at the Four Seasons Hotel in Manhattan. "What about the name of the team? Is it okay, the Nets? Or do we have to try to find something new?

"I'm a foreigner, you know," he said. "I need your piece of advice. I can put Russian name and nobody knows what it is. I can put the name of a girlfriend and every time I change, I need to change the name of the team."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2010/05/20/2010-05-20_whatever_its_name_he_plans_to_call_team_a_dynasty.html?r=sports%2Fbasketball&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fsports%2Fbasketball+%28Sports%2FBasketball%29&utm_content=Google+Reader#ixzz0oXWhLl5m

So awesome.

Awesome find! I'm a little disappointed they're keeping the silver, though. I thought they'd be returning to the days of the New York Nets with red, white, and blue.

I imagine that is a placeholder logo for promotional use through the arena-building process. I can't imagine they could go with that. I don't think they could actually be stupid enough to go with an abbreviation on a logo, even if it is an alternate. Then again, the Suns are that dumb. Hell, they even put their airport code on the logo.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Most Interesting Owner in the NBA has mentioned/joked about possibly changing the Nets' name...

Just a week into his reign as owner of the Nets, Mikhail Prokhorov is already getting rid of the team's general manager. Next, he could be getting rid of the team's name.

Minutes after telling reporters that he is not inviting Kiki Vandeweghe back after his contract expires on June 30, the Nets' Russian owner asked the press to help him come up with a new nickname for his team.

"Let me ask you some questions," Prokhorov said to a small group of reporters during a private brunch meeting at the Four Seasons Hotel in Manhattan. "What about the name of the team? Is it okay, the Nets? Or do we have to try to find something new?

"I'm a foreigner, you know," he said. "I need your piece of advice. I can put Russian name and nobody knows what it is. I can put the name of a girlfriend and every time I change, I need to change the name of the team."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2010/05/20/2010-05-20_whatever_its_name_he_plans_to_call_team_a_dynasty.html?r=sports%2Fbasketball&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fsports%2Fbasketball+%28Sports%2FBasketball%29&utm_content=Google+Reader#ixzz0oXWhLl5m

So awesome.

Let's hear it for your, "New Jersey Keithvanhorns!"

I still say it's going to be the Brooklyn Knights ("Brooklynites," get it?)

I thought it was Hollywood Nights?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Disappointed that the Sixers aren't making any minor tweaks for this season, as I think teams are allowed seemingly minor corrections even one year after a set is introduced. Was really hoping for either outlines on the letters / numbers, or make the number blue on the home jersey. I can't stand their uniforms now (that that I'd watch them even with great uniforms.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I thought that the Sixers were thinking of doing those changes that BBTV was talking about. Too bad if they don't because that would have made those one of the best in the league IMO right now they are nice but just seem to missing something and the outlines would make all the difference.

So awesome.

Let's hear it for your, "New Jersey Keithvanhorns!"

So is that the name of his girlfriend?

Archived