The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really diggin' the Bobcats cap. SO nice compared to recent caps.

p7475796dt.jpg

Oh, and I'm not feeling the black Lakers cap at all.

The Wolves, Wizards, and Magic caps are also very nice looking.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

vmd9 Every time I see that Jazz logo I hate it more and more. I just don't understand why anyone would bring that back...

Because Jazz fans love it and it is wicked PISSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No it's the ugliest pro logo I have ever seen. Like I always say people around hear LOVE anything plain and boring.

...the hats are cool except for the weird flat brim.

vmd9 Every time I see that Jazz logo I hate it more and more. I just don't understand why anyone would bring that back...

No it's the ugliest pro logo I have ever seen. Like I always say people around hear LOVE anything plain and boring.

hmmm...

UTASYR.png

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

hmmm...

UTASYR.png

yes the Jazz logo is worse than that...I'm sure the hockey logo took more than 5 seconds to make and at least there was some thought put into it

hmmm...

UTASYR.png

yes the Jazz logo is worse than that...I'm sure the hockey logo took more than 5 seconds to make and at least there was some thought put into it

You really think so? Wow :P haha I respect your opinion, in all honesty. Youre just the first person i've ever heard say anything good about any logo the Crunch ever had :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

hmmm...

UTASYR.png

You really think so? Wow :P haha I respect your opinion, in all honesty. Youre just the first person i've ever heard say anything good about any logo the Crunch ever had :P

Well I never said it was good, but the Jazz just seems too boring, especially compared to the great logo they've had the past few years...huge downgrade

Frankly, I think they'd go with Copperplate Bold Condensed instead for the nameplate and number.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Notice that the letters and numbers take on more of the dimensions of traditional NOB/number fonts.

I agree, that would look much better.

If you're going to insult the tastes of others, at least do it with correct spelling.

I am a HUGE Jazz fan & I think it is a simple cash-grab that is a definite downgrade. They had myriad possibilities that they passed by for one of the most boring recycles in the NBA. I sure hope they salvage the change with some sharp unis but my expectations are certainly not high.

ujsignature.png

A couple of new discoveries..pretty unique drafts caps BTW, but looks like more confirmation on what we know.

Cavs: Wordmark and color change

p7475748dt.jpg

I finally figured out what is bothering me so much about that Cavaliers wordmark on the hat. I thought it was just the wordmark that appears on the baselines at The Q, only vertically arched with an enlarged C and S, but it's not. Look at the "AVA" part of Cavaliers. The sides of the A's go straight down, which looks really clunky around the V.

Here's the floor with the aforementioned baseline wordmark:

http://sportslogos.net/images/logos/6/222/full/au5kgggwr73guhbsehhe0dr99.gif

Much cleaner than what they're going with for 2010-11, no?

A couple of new discoveries..pretty unique drafts caps BTW, but looks like more confirmation on what we know.

Cavs: Wordmark and color change

p7475748dt.jpg

Jazz: New (Old) logo

p7475792dt.jpg

Warriors: New logo, and secondary logo

p7475800dt.jpg

Probably has been pointed out already, but I guess this confirms that the asymmetrical outer border was by design. I wonder why.

Interesting alternate logo, too. Seems they decided to update the old primary logo by replacing the star with a W. Overall, I think this is a very good "new, yet old" rebranding of the franchise. The Warriors are one of the NBA's oldest teams and this identity helps people remember that. It has a clean and simple look that many of the older NBA franchises demonstrate.

If you're going to insult the tastes of others, at least do it with correct spelling.

To be fair, he spelled it correctly. He just used the wrong word.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I am a HUGE Jazz fan & I think it is a simple cash-grab that is a definite downgrade. They had myriad possibilities that they passed by for one of the most boring recycles in the NBA. I sure hope they salvage the change with some sharp unis but my expectations are certainly not high.

True, true. This logo is loved by Blazer fans, and is worn on retro gear all around the city. But by no means do I want the team to switch back to it!

ehhe10rcvq6zu3bpszv0694ry.gif

The past is the past.

To be fair, he spelled it correctly. He just used the wrong word.

Well he spelt the word he meant to use wrong. It just so happens that the misspelling matches that of a phonetically similar yet different word :P

True, true. This logo is loved by Blazer fans, and is worn on retro gear all around the city. But by no means do I want the team to switch back to it!

ehhe10rcvq6zu3bpszv0694ry.gif

The past is the past.

Yeah, that's not a great logo.

It is, however, overwhelmingly superior to the sharpy-pointy version they use now. Switch it back, or scrap it entirely and start fresh.

Archived