The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

This is tough - I feel like the wordmark should be navy; but more importantly, the circle needs to be navy. Would navy wordmark with yellow border, navy circle, and green mountains work? If that's too much navy, then I guess you've got to go with the yellow wordmark like the first one posted here.

guysjazzthought.jpg

I'm not feeling it. I really think they'll end up with the top left (green circle, yellow "Jazz", blue mountains).

You're right, that comes out awful. I made a couple quick cut and pastes using the posted wordmarks, and it's a little better with the white outline included on the wordmark. But blue wordmark/yellow border, green mountains, blue circle seems too lakersy. Blue wordmark/green border, yellow mountains, blue circle seems a little better. No combination seems perfect though. I'm starting to think that original recolor with the yellow wordmark, blue circle is best.

This isn't the end of the world, the logo itself is never bad, although the most recent recolor is. It seems awfully hard to get this right in yellow/navy/green though.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is tough - I feel like the wordmark should be navy; but more importantly, the circle needs to be navy. Would navy wordmark with yellow border, navy circle, and green mountains work? If that's too much navy, then I guess you've got to go with the yellow wordmark like the first one posted here.

guysjazzthought.jpg

I'm not feeling it. I really think they'll end up with the top left (green circle, yellow "Jazz", blue mountains).

You're right, that comes out awful. I made a couple quick cut and pastes using the posted wordmarks, and it's a little better with the white outline included on the wordmark. But blue wordmark/yellow border, green mountains, blue circle seems too lakersy. Blue wordmark/green border, yellow mountains, blue circle seems a little better. No combination seems perfect though. I'm starting to think that original recolor with the yellow wordmark, blue circle is best.

This isn't the end of the world, the logo itself is never bad, although the most recent recolor is. It seems awfully hard to get this right in yellow/navy/green though.

Why not stop trying to predict what it?ll look like and just wait 2 weeks when it's released!?! :D

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

guysjazzthought.jpg

Why not stop trying to predict what it?ll look like and just wait 2 weeks when it's released!?! :D

So much easier said (when you've already seen the 'official' finished product) than done! Especially as a huge logo & Jazz fan like myself.

ujsignature.png

So much easier said (when you've already seen the 'official' finished product) than done! Especially as a huge logo & Jazz fan like myself.

It?s really in the best interest of not only of the team, but us fans as well. We don?t want another repeat of where a team (Warriors) made unnecessary modifications to their unreleased logo in order to keep things fresh by the time they released the logo! In my opinion, their unreleased set is already perfect and no changes are needed.

Through an elaborate process of elimination - viewable here - I have concluded (indecisively, of course) that this is the new Jazz logo. I am eating my words in making this conclusion, but it seems the only decent possibility after all the others were eliminated.

FINALJazzprimary.jpg

ujsignature.png

That Jazz mountain logo is like that boombox the New Age Outlaws used to attack their opponents with during their first run as WWF tag champs. They just won't let the damn thing die.

...JVC KaBOOM Box...those were the days.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

That Jazz mountain logo is like that boombox the New Age Outlaws used to attack their opponents with during their first run as WWF tag champs. They just won't let the damn thing die.

Or like Denver's mountain, but I actually dig that one.

...JVC KaBOOM Box...those were the days.

That they were, that they were.

Or like Denver's mountain, but I actually dig that one.

Well the difference is, I think, that they've only really recoloured the Denver logo once (the second recolour was more of a tweak, not a full-on re-brand).

Also, with Denver, at least they're using their recoloured logo as the focus of their identity. The Jazz's new recoloured logo owes its existence to the Jazz ownership being unwilling to pay a one-time fee of $500,000 for a little brand unity.

Unless I missed it, no one has yet pointed out that the Jazz are likely keeping baby blue in the logo because skies are blue, after all. If you think about it, a yellow sky on a logo doesn't really make any sense.

Doesn't make it not a mess, but it doesn't make a baby blue sky completely unreasonable either.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

see Bohobs Jazz redesign. that is what should be the new brand.

Why? because it's original. All of these recolors look awful...all of them. I like the colors themselves, but there should be an effort to create something new.

which is why Golden State wins

Through an elaborate process of elimination - viewable here - I have concluded (indecisively, of course) that this is the new Jazz logo. I am eating my words in making this conclusion, but it seems the only decent possibility after all the others were eliminated.

FINALJazzprimary.jpg

This white wordmark version is growing on me. Heck, as far as recolors go, this is fine IMO. Apart from the vastly different recolored primary and J-note secondary...I feel like this is going to be a nice identity on the whole.

FINALJazzprimary.jpg

This white wordmark version is growing on me. Heck, as far as recolors go, this is fine IMO. Apart from the vastly different recolored primary and J-note secondary...I feel like this is going to be a nice identity on the whole.

I'm coming around too. I think I agree with you, Chakfu.

ujsignature.png

Unless I missed it, no one has yet pointed out that the Jazz are likely keeping baby blue in the logo because skies are blue, after all. If you think about it, a yellow sky on a logo doesn't really make any sense.

Doesn't make it not a mess, but it doesn't make a baby blue sky completely unreasonable either.

The sky is sort of gold at sunset, no? Or it can be, at least.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The sky is sort of gold at sunset, no? Or it can be, at least.

How about the crappy winter inversions the Salt Lake Valley gets? :P

inversion01.jpg

Before we get too carried away with a re-colored mountains logo, here is a leaked pic of Utah's Draft cap.

http://www.slcdunk.com/2010/5/17/1475466/next-years-logo

I think that's been posted, and also it is known that the old Jazz logo will be the primary, and the current logo will be re-colored and have an undefined and possibly unused role.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived