The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

I just read over on the Jazz Fanz board that someone saw pictures of the new court design and it includes the Note and not the Mountains logo.

In that case, I could totally see them doing something like this:

newjazzcourt5.png

ujsignature.png

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IDEA! It would be awesome if somebody could mock this up. have the basketball part of the note in the middle of the court and the tail of the note infront of the Jazz bench (i'm assuming its on the right side of the court) and then have the virticle line connecting the two.

actually, the Jazz bench is on the left side of the court.

Well thats dissipointing....

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Do you have some inside info, Wasatch?

What inside info are you looking for that I can actually give specifics about?

Well, you said that this was something that we haven't seen before. Without giving away too many details (staying within the forums rules) :), what are the unis/logo going to look like?

I just read over on the Jazz Fanz board that someone saw pictures of the new court design and it includes the Note and not the Mountains logo.

In that case, I could totally see them doing something like this:

newjazzcourt5.png

I love that.

87Redskins.png

I absolutely LOVE that the new Warriors logo includes the new eastern span of the Bay Bridge. It's a detail that most probably won't notice, but that absolutely tickles the fancy of us logo geeks. I'll for sure be grabbing a T shirt when they come out.

I don't have a problem with the apperance and design of the new Warriors logo at all, but I do have a problem with them using it THIS COMING SEASON. They shouldn't use that logo until that section of the Bay Bridge is actually erected (no d*ck jokes please, I know its a lay-up, but come on). Besides, given the budget defecit that this state is in, it could be five to six years before that part of the bridge even becomes a part of the skyline, let alone complete and operational.

I just think its silly to use a landmark that doesn't exsist yet, that's all.

I didn't even know it wasn't up yet. I just saw it and immediately figured "oh hey, they're using the Bay Bridge this time."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

These new color schemes for the Warriors and Jazz are terrible. Just terrible. For God's sake, just use the uniforms from the movie "Semi-Pro". Retro is being so overdone that it's beyond overkill.

mav23.gif

^^Ya, I am really starting to hate the fact that so many teams are just taking their old logos and recycling them, even if it doesn't look that great. Who cares how it looks, it's retro! Just stupid. I'm all for a throwback alternate jersey or uniform, straight from the old days. But swiching to it completely is stupid. At least modify things so it looks better. The Warriors did a better job with this, because they didn't just recycle an older logo. Unlike the Jazz, who just dug up their old logo and made it their "new" identity.

/rant over/

Through an elaborate process of elimination - viewable here - I have concluded (indecisively, of course) that this is the new Jazz logo. I am eating my words in making this conclusion, but it seems the only decent possibility after all the others were eliminated.

FINALJazzprimary.jpg

Love most of this logo...except for the green mountains. Not a fan of the green colored mountains. I might stick with navy mountains and green outline. but thats just me.

Apparently the Deseret News is reporting that the Jazz are unveiling their new jerseys on Tuesday as well. I just thought it was the logo? Weren't the jerseys being unveiled in August?

Link to Article

That article sounds certain that they'll unveil the unis too. However, the Jazz's official site says they're only revealing new colors & "logo variations".

I thought I had heard the unis were coming in another 2 months (which is also typical: logo first, unis later - just before training camp).

ujsignature.png

Yeah I saw the official site and sounds like just the new logos and colors. I think this maybe a classic example of the regular media types not understanding the difference between a logo and uniform unveiling. BTW the unis were scheduled to come out some time in August. Who knows maybe the Jazz owner will pull a suprise and have the unis there.

Archived