The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

I think that's been posted, and also it is known that the old Jazz logo will be the primary, and the current logo will be re-colored and have an undefined and possibly unused role.

If the re-colored Jazz logo is the primary, I think it will end up like the Hornets' primary when they unveiled their new look - rarely, if ever seen, and even then, it's usually just Hugo without the wordmark surrounding him.

You'll likely only see the retro Jazz note, or the J-Note by itself, from anything by the team or on merchandise.

kU6ns.gif

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of curiosity ... does anyone know or heard anything about the Jazz court? I imagine that they would redesign it. I sure hope the "new older but newer than the old new logo" isn't at midcourt. I would love to see a return of the note ball at midcourt with maybe a little two-tone finish around the court.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Out of curiosity ... does anyone know or heard anything about the Jazz court? I imagine that they would redesign it. I sure hope the "new older but newer than the old new logo" isn't at midcourt. I would love to see a return of the note ball at midcourt with maybe a little two-tone finish around the court.

I came up with this concept a couple weeks ago...

jazzcourtconcept.jpg

Please don't kill me.

bSLCtu2.png

jazzcourtconcept.jpg

Please don't kill me.

I like the concept. It will be interesting to see what they do with the court and the whole logo package.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

*Court image*

Please don't kill me.

I like the concept. It will be interesting to see what they do with the court and the whole logo package.

I like it, but I'm sure the sponsor wants their logo on the court twice as a medium sized logo, rather than one large logo. That way they can get their whole logo in one shot on both sides, instead of getting half of it all the time (except the opening tip). Otherwise, I would say this would be close to what the court will look like. I really like it too - nice work.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

For all you Jazz fans out there, be prepared for the best uniforms the franchise has ever used!!! It's really a breath of fresh air, considering how they could have just brought back the same identical uniforms they used in the 80's up until '96.

You're not being sarcastic, are you?

Well, if it isn't just a recolor of either logos, then I'm fine. I've heard from someone in the organization that "I'll like it."

Do you have some inside info, Wasatch?

I don't think it's tolerable to have the ball in the J-note anywhere but the center circle though. Not sure if I could see a giant J-note with the ball corresponding to the center either.

Maybe a smaller J note with the ball corresponding to the inner circle; and maybe some other text to counterbalance the tail of the J note.

Can't say any solution sounds great. And just the ball would seem too plain for 2010.

IDEA! It would be awesome if somebody could mock this up. have the basketball part of the note in the middle of the court and the tail of the note infront of the Jazz bench (i'm assuming its on the right side of the court) and then have the virticle line connecting the two.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

IDEA! It would be awesome if somebody could mock this up. have the basketball part of the note in the middle of the court and the tail of the note infront of the Jazz bench (i'm assuming its on the right side of the court) and then have the virticle line connecting the two.

actually, the Jazz bench is on the left side of the court.

the children are the future!

Make the outside of the lane green, and the area behind the net yellow, and that's not bad looking at all.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived