The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

This would have done the trick. The double keylines are too thin and delicate now that the individual letters are outlined. It just muddles up the readability. Much cleaner and more legible with a single outline:

clips_new_1.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So between the Clippers font used in the logo, the script used in the wordmark, and the numbers, there's three totally unrelated fonts visible at all times on this uniform. Possibly 4, but I can't tell for sure if the LAC collar logo is different from the font used in the shorts logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The primary logo has 2 different fonts on it alone.

Also, caught this on uniwatch...

Phew…that’s it for today — there will be a whole mess of NBA uni unveilings today (Cavs, Mavs, Wolves, Clips & Jazz); some of these have already been leaked, but they will become “official” later today. Paul will have something on the mothership & I will likely have much more on these tomorrow. Yay…the NBA. Where Amazing :censored: Stuff Happens. I Love This Game.

I'm guessing the Mavs are changing home and road to alternate design and the wolves are adding an alternate (if possible)?

I guess Warriors are waiting to release later.

So they use the Orlando color pallet? the trees going around the collar was probably the best part of the uniform. Now they just seem... less imaginative.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

If those are indeed the uniforms, then they're not bad, but they could be better. Kind of reminds me of the Boozer-era Jazz home uniforms, with the thin lines down the sides, but with a second color.

Speaking of the Jazz, I'll be keeping my eyes open for their new look. Hope it's good!! ;)

Indeed, I hate those plan side panel accent lines. At least the Clippers have taken it a step up from the Jazz by having two colors, rather than one plain old boring navy outline!

Love to see a leak of the those Jazz unis. ;)

How bad? :D

Clippers new uni's - I'd like to see what they look like next to the old ones for a comparison.

Jazz new uni's - Somebody over at JazzFanz board was suggesting that the sneak peek photo on twitter that Deron Williams is in shows the striping pattern on the Jazz uni. WE all knew that but this poster suggest that it will have those stripes going up the sides of the jerseys. Sounds a little strange.

Well the JazzFanz boy is wrong, and I'll prove that a bit later on....

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

what the :censored:! how do they come to these decisions?? i wanna know the ahole who put the go-ahead stamp on these. Im not a twolves fan or anything...its just that ive always thought theyve had potential to have one awesome looking set, mainly cause the treeline trim. what a shame. such a bland a dreary uniform now.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I agree, huge downgrade. They went from unique, sharp and exciting to bland and boring. Boooo

Agreed.

I also agree that the number font change was an upgrade tho...but they screwed this one up bad with losing the green. What is with all the green hate in the NBA? Only the Celts rock it proudly...

I really like the T'Wolves update. The green just looked so out of place on the old jerseys, it felt like it was just slapped on without any flow to the rest of the uniform. This number font is much better. I do miss the collar, I wish they would have kept it but just replaced the green. Overall I think this makes them look much sleeker, nice update.

here is the new away with the green.

the uni looks a lot better regardless

-but the old uniform looks WNBA ish

-mostly because of the old collar and how is sat around the neck

just look at it

screenshot20100816at210.jpg

and even without the green, its an upgrade

76232508.th.jpg

Well, looks like the Cavs are waiting a day...

From the team's official Twitter account:

2010-11 New Cavs Uniform Debut #Tweetup! w/AC & Campy tmrw be 1st to see

@cavs NEW threads at 5:30pm @ Cadillac Ranch Downtown. (cont)

Translation: A couple of former players who now work on the team's broadcasts are hosting a uni unveiling party at a bar downtown tomorrow.

Archived