The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like the clippers update.. Not a fan of the jazz ones.

Btw... Are all the jerseys for next year going to have a tighter fit? It seems like both the clippers set and the jazz set are similar to the all-star jerseys in that the tops are very snug while the shorts are a bit baggy.

Jesus. First the Sixers, and now Utah - why would any pro team use the ugliest generic block font in existence in this day and age? It's not retro, it's not vintage, it's just crap, and it's ironed on at t-shirt shops across the country. Stop it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

WOLVES

Although the Wolves unis look much better, I think they :censored:ed up an oppurtunity. They basically just removed green from the uniform. And they didn't change the childish striping, just recolored it. In addition, the removal of the trees on the neck upsets me. I think that was a unique part of the uniform.

IMO, they should have kept the trees on the neck and replaced the side striping pattern.

They are going to release a black alternate uniform in January, and I'm excited for that. Hopefully it isn't just a black recolor of the home/away jerseys. Sure, it'll be BFBS, but it'll be my team wearing black. I loved their old black alts, back when they were relevent.

CLIPPERS

Good update. Not really liking the red away jersey. I thought they should have used a blue away uni and a red alternate. Can't wait to see it in action against the Wolves.

JAZZ

As an Al Jefferson fan, these jerseys represent David Kahn's stupidity. He doesn't know how to trade or sign players that don't smoke weed.

Nonetheless, these are still beautiful. Everything except the number font is pleasing to look at.

Punch9

Lots of shots (including detailed close-ups) of the new Clippers' stuff here. By the way, the side panel design looks a lot better (though still not good) from the side in its entirety.

Wow, after looking through a few of those, their unis (both home and road) look WAY too much like the Hawks IMO.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I LOVE THE NUMBER FONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any reason? Or do you just like shouting things via caps lock?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

WOLVES

. . .

They are going to release a black alternate uniform in January, and I'm excited for that. Hopefully it isn't just a black recolor of the home/away jerseys. Sure, it'll be BFBS, but it'll be my team wearing black. I loved their old black alts, back when they were relevent.

. . .

It looks like this could be the font on those alternates.

ujsignature.png

WOLVES

. . .

. . .

It looks like this could be the font on those alternates.

If that's the case, I hope they don't use the tree-pattern on the side panels. If they have three jerseys with the same design, I will not hesitate to vomit.

Jesus. First the Sixers, and now Utah - why would any pro team use the ugliest generic block font in existence in this day and age? It's not retro, it's not vintage, it's just crap, and it's ironed on at t-shirt shops across the country. Stop it.

The Knicks use that number font and it doesn't look as :censored: ty because of the outlines. (But it still sucks.) That font is the generic rec league font.

Clippers uniforms are pretty good except for that stupid collar logo that isn't a collar logo.

Jazz uniforms would be much better except for that ass number font.

Timberwolves are an upgrade mainly because they got rid of that goofy collar but still suck. It's too bad they lost the tree trim and green. That number font looks great since it is elongated.

I've got the Jazz & Wolves unis up on the site for a closer look.

Run down of my opinion on the Timberwolves:

Overall downgrade.

Why not use the secondary wolf/basketball on the back of the collar?

Great number font. Condensed/modified version of what the Wizards use but nicer than the old.

Why ditch the green? Green is under used, and looks great in that color scheme.

Their unis were very radical with all the tree piping but I kind of miss it.

Jazz:

Overall upgrade. I could do without the 'UTAH' on the ass. Nonetheless it's set in Optima.

That number font I don't mind--its also rare and looks good on basketball unis.

Clippers:

Overall upgrade.

Not a fan of the collar, or the faux-pas collar logo. Double outlines on the wordmark are off-putting.

Number font I'm not crazy about, classic block looked good in their case. The short trim is also a little odd but it'll do.

In all honesty, I think the Warriors and Cavaliers, once unveiled, will be an upset. I think the Warriors' new brand is seriously lacking and very 'thrown-together.'

Cavaliers were NOT in need of a change. Lebron or no Lebron.

Nothing the NBA has done in recent years has really been impressive. The Hawks in 2007 were the best revamp since the Cavaliers in 2003.

Those Jazz uniforms wouldn't be so bad...if they still played in New Orleans. I didn't like the mountain logo so much, but at least they were FINALLY building an identity of their own as opposed to keeping what they had in a different city, name aside. Back to square one.

You clearly don't get it my friend, you clearly don't get it!

On a different note, at least the green finally stands out on the aways! And what's with all the Jazz block number complaints? If you had the slightest idea of what the old retro uniforms looked like (and you would have had to lived under a rock not to know), you'd understand why the Jazz included them in this modernized version of a classic!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

I'm not really a fan of the Clippers uniforms. Everything seems thrown together with all the different fonts. I don't really like the number font they use either and there's something about the color balance with the wordmarks and numbers that seems off.

It was nice that the T-Wolves got rid of that weird neck design, but everything else was a downgrade. The green really set them apart from other blue/black teams and the trees were just a unique thing that I liked.

But I like the new Jazz uniforms. The previous set was really bland and that was fixed with the update. I like the color combo (although the green could be a little lighter). I think my favorite part is the white side panels on the road uniforms. The only thing I'm not liking is the different colored wordmark and numbers. It's more annoying for me on the road than the home, but both would look better having the numbers be the same color as the wordmark.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I've got the Jazz & Wolves unis up on the site for a closer look.

Run down of my opinion on the Timberwolves:

Overall downgrade.

Why not use the secondary wolf/basketball on the back of the collar?

Great number font. Condensed/modified version of what the Wizards use but nicer than the old.

Why ditch the green? Green is under used, and looks great in that color scheme.

Their unis were very radical with all the tree piping but I kind of miss it.

Jazz:

Overall upgrade. I could do without the 'UTAH' on the ass. Nonetheless it's set in Optima.

That number font I don't mind--its also rare and looks good on basketball unis.

Clippers:

Overall upgrade.

Not a fan of the collar, or the faux-pas collar logo. Double outlines on the wordmark are off-putting.

Number font I'm not crazy about, classic block looked good in their case. The short trim is also a little odd but it'll do.

In all honesty, I think the Warriors and Cavaliers, once unveiled, will be an upset. I think the Warriors' new brand is seriously lacking and very 'thrown-together.'

Cavaliers were NOT in need of a change. Lebron or no Lebron.

Nothing the NBA has done in recent years has really been impressive. The Hawks in 2007 were the best revamp since the Cavaliers in 2003.

I was not expecting to find this on the actual site

bta2b0p83cuqgvrynkqvub3mr.gif

qbb2f70h2jdpw6pxjbsbzn0qw.gif

I literally just put them up no more than 2 hours ago

Archived