Three NHL Seasons of the RBK Edge Uniform System

Morgan33

02) Calgary Flames

Everytime I read a list of "Worst Hockey Jerseys" im surprised this set never makes it. If the five different striping patterns and the intersecting horizontal & verticle stripes on the hem weren't bad enough, the Blue Alberta patch has to bring this to "Wildwing" status. What Flames jersey ever had Blue on it? Your not Canada's or Alberta's team either, bad design Flames.

Thoughts?

In my view, the Flames are Alberta's and Canada's most important team, so the flags are appropriate. The execution of the flags, however, is poor. The proportions of the flags on the Flames jerseys are off: The red sides of the Canadian flag are too thin, and the sheild of the Alberta flag is too large. And why would a designer suggest that a white outline be used for one flag but not another?

I would welcome the use of the Alberta crest (sans blue background) on one shoulder. My favourite feature of the flags was the whining from Oiler fans, so I think the Flames should keep this feature.

I would welcome a return to the 2003-2007 black C jersey, with the thrown back reds used this past year.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

02) Calgary Flames

Everytime I read a list of "Worst Hockey Jerseys" im surprised this set never makes it. If the five different striping patterns and the intersecting horizontal & verticle stripes on the hem weren't bad enough, the Blue Alberta patch has to bring this to "Wildwing" status. What Flames jersey ever had Blue on it? Your not Canada's or Alberta's team either, bad design Flames.

Thoughts?

In my view, the Flames are Alberta's and Canada's most important team, so the flags are appropriate. The execution of the flags, however, is poor. The proportions of the flags on the Flames jerseys are off: The red sides of the Canadian flag are too thin, and the sheild of the Alberta flag is too large. And why would a designer suggest that a white outline be used for one flag but not another?

I would welcome the use of the Alberta crest (sans blue background) on one shoulder. My favourite feature of the flags was the whining from Oiler fans, so I think the Flames should keep this feature.

I would welcome a return to the 2003-2007 black C jersey, with the thrown back reds used this past year.

What?

Canada's most important team? I'm sure the Canadiens and Maple Leafs with their almost 200 years of history and 37 Stanley Cups between them would beg to differ. And what about Ottawa? They play in the national capital.

And Alberta's most important team? Yeah the Oilers and their five Cups say hi.

02) Calgary Flames

Thoughts?

In my view, the Flames are Alberta's and Canada's most important team, so the flags are appropriate.

Man, what?

Can the replica's go back to beings $60-70 bucks?

please? $115 is insane for a blank replica!

I agree. The NHL and Reebok are scratching their heads wondering why people are turning to cheap Chinese knockoffs. In the current economy it is tough for many fans to justify spending $150 on a premier jersey off NHL.com (with crappy iron on numbers), when you can get a Chinese knockoff with everything stitched on for $50.

A fair price for the crappy NHL.com ones would be $75 for a blank premier, and $100 for a customized premier...but they really do look cheap. $150 is worth it when the customization is done by a company like Sportsk who stitches everything on. That is what I will use from now on. The NHL.com ones that are heat pressed are just terrible looking. Possibly even worse than the Chinese knockoffs.

70389454.png

02) Calgary Flames

Thoughts?

These were perfection. If you had asked me in 2006/07 who had the best jerseys I would have answered the Flames hands down. In the switch to Reebok they managed to ruin everything good about these.

130.jpg

With the exception of the shoulder patch and the mis-matched sleeve and rear numerals, that's a fantastic jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wordmark logos need to go, big time.

I'd normally agree, but the red Caps uni with it's wordmark logo actually looks pretty damn good (biggest upgrade with Edge IMO). It helps that the Capitals have a history of wordmark-as-logo.

02) Calgary Flames

Thoughts?

What?

Canada's most important team? I'm sure the Canadiens and Maple Leafs with their almost 200 years of history and 37 Stanley Cups between them would beg to differ. And what about Ottawa? They play in the national capital.

Calgarians have such an inferiority complex.

Speaking only to my team, I've gone from the opinion that the Blues had the nicest of the new-Edge jerseys (which rules out teams like the Hawks that stayed right about the same) to being ready for a change, perhaps even reverting right to what they had prior.

I still think they had some of the best of the new stuff, but it's just not as good as I'd like. The one thing I really don't want to see is the alternates become anything more than that.

02) Calgary Flames

Thoughts?

What?

I said in MY view. I don't care what Habs, Leafs, Sens, Oilers or Cannots fans think.

Wordmark logos need to go, big time.

Dallas needs a huge change.

The throwbacks need to go as well. I love that more teams are going back to the horizontal stripes and designs, but going all out throwback is lame and uncreative.

The Flames need the horse logo back, I loved it, and the Pens need to go back to the traditional colors. The new color set was a huge downgrade and doesn't flow with the rest of the Pittsburgh teams like it used to.

I'm one of the few who likes Dallas' look. It is simple, classy, and clean. I don't want every team to copy it, but it looks good for them. Though I would like a green alternate.

I agree on the Pens though. I hate the vegas gold. Every time I see old footage from the 90's or see one of the old 90's jerseys I am reminded at how cool those colors look. Its the Pittsburgh black and gold. It just looks right.

I agree with you on your opinion of Dallas's sweaters.

I hated them when they first came out. But i really do believe if they don't change them for the next 5 years- they will turn out to be a really classic look.

That being said, I'm really hoping for a vintage-styled third jersey. Anything with Kelly Green would make me happy.

5amlwx.jpg

The problem with Dallas is they only give you one look. If you don't like their main identity tough luck. Personally I never liked the old star template jersey so it is an improvement overall in my book. I think they could do a little better still though.

02) Calgary Flames

Thoughts?

What?

I said in MY view. I don't care what Habs, Leafs, Sens, Oilers or Cannots fans think.

In MY view, you're on crack.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Mighty Ducks logo was one of the best in any sport. Just look at the logo itself: it's simple, accurate, and original. Do whatever with the designs/colors, even the name, but dumping that logo was a major error.

Disney giving a major pro sports franchise that name in the first place was a major error...but I digress.

(that was a pretty decent logo, though.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

02) Calgary Flames

Thoughts?

What?

Trust me when I say there are people like this ALL over Calgary, big reason why I dont cheer for the Flames

I have never seen anyone wear any "Anaheim Ducks" merchandise in Canada. By contrast the original uniforms were extremely popular here and not just with ten year olds. Thats not to say that they didn't need some kind upgrade to keep up with the times, but they werent minor league.

Really? Some wierd guy in my school has worn a Ducks jersey before, also a Sharks jersey. I've also seen 2 guys in the Halifax area with them.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

02) Calgary Flames

Thoughts?

What?

Trust me when I say there are people like this ALL over Calgary, big reason why I dont cheer for the Flames

Being a Cannots fan is a big reason why you should move out of Calgary.

Archived