The MLB according to raysox

raysox

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's nothing really to be hyped about. The colors look better, also love the incorperation of the anchor, GREAT addition. That's something you should build off of: use the ocean and boat docking theme to create a brand new primary logo (if the Padres didn't exist, I'd love to see you use the waves in their logo as a reference to the style). The anchor is definately something to keep as well as the compass, but I would also like to see you render everything in a unifying style.

The wordmark: This one is equally as lame. It's nice as a number font, but not as a wordmark. Something flowy and majestic, like the waves, would work (try Ballpark Weiner).

That's what I've got.

Hmm.

Ok, let me get to what I really like, at first, because I definitely feel like I'm too negative when I give feedback at times. I think incorporating the anchor really ties the logo set together. I think dropping teal is absolutely the right move. I think this set is just a couple of tweaks away from being really good.

Now, onto what I don't care for. I think the colors clash for attention rather than compliment each other. The lime is just too bright against the navy, which is dark. Either lighten the blue, or (more preferably) darken the green and the colors will really go together. The other big thing that I don't overtly care for is the script. In large part, this isn't your fault, but Agency has become the go to lazy font for sports design, and it just really doesn't add anything here. I'm not huge on their current script, but I'd prefer it here. After taking themes to make the logo set more nautical, with success, the font really feels slapped on and doesn't say nautical at all.

Braves looks great and the blue jays is a good. The Rockies i love i think its one of the best and the mariners are prety good but i think the same as bruschimania that you sould lighten the blue or darken the green. anyway nice series :D

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

Mariners:

-the good: colors are great. like the wordmark

-the bad: the anchor on the compass looks like it's smiling at me, and the compass on the M seems out of place

Rockies:

-the good: predominantly purple, like the mountains upgrade

-the bad: the font is impossible to read. the cap logo (like the CR and think that should stay). still too much black in the concept IMO (would love to see black dropped completely)

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

I'll look into the Jays concept after these next two, cause I'm really excited.

19/30 Colorado Rockies

REMIX

Complete rebrand ahoy! So for this there is a lot of purple. I think everyone can agree its for the better. I went for a western font, and a really simple concept, just updating things. I updated the mountains, and the primary is the same basic idea. The cap logo is a simple C in the same font, with a tertiary logo with the mountains. I got rid of the pinstripes, but kept the purple going on the jerseys. Howeva, the caps are black like the current set. The numbers match the scripts, too.

Rockies.png

RockiesJrs.png

I'm nearly done with the Mariners, so look for that.

yeah too much curves especially on the numbers

• 1 month later...

I'll fix the M's and Rockies sometime. I've just had this done in forever, and had to wait for Photobucket to quit being a bitch.

21/30 Arizona Diamondbacks

So for the fun with colors thread, I was going to see what the Dback's identity in old colors would look like. Not much of a change, but it'd be interesting. So first I change the red to teal. Then stop and went woooooah. I thought it looked really cool. I replaced the sand with a bronze like the first one, basically making them the Arizona Rattlers of the AFL. I changed pretty much nothing, except match the outlines on the scripts, since Arizona has a thicker script, and it didn't look good. Simple jerseys, double piping on the sleeves unlike the currents. Then I used the previous number font, since it was more edgy, and thought it was a better fit than a font that is somewhat similar to impact. I tried to not make them seem like the marlins too much, and thought it worked. So here ya go!

Diamondbacks.png

DiamondbacksJrs.png

I don't like having three different hats that all look very similar

In large part, I agree. I'd stick with one black hat for everything, maybe play with an alternate teal one.

The color scheme works... surprisingly well. While it does kind of say "Jaguars: the baseball team", it also feels totally unique for MLB.

I'd like to see more white in the alternate, but overall, this is a damn solid look.

You're an Indians fan huh? Would you be happy if the team's name was changed to the Columbus Indians of Cleveland?

That really isn't the same. Anaheim to LA is like Akron to Cleveland. They're real close and everyone both knows the difference and knows who the big city is.

The cities are very close and one is much easier to market than the other. Also, Los Angeles Angels is a name that makes a lot of sense.

Then again, I don't really give a :censored:. If the fans of Anaheim really care that they are strictly the Anaheim Angels, why not let them have it? I mean, LA has the Dodgers anyway... I don't like have two teams represent one city, but no matter what you call them there will be a conflict with this team.

I'm not sure I like anything about that Rockies concept, though I've loved most of what you've put up here.

The D-Backs look great (especially deviating away from the overused red). I like what they have now because the colors work with the mascot, but this is a very nice concept.

Archived