The MLB according to raysox

raysox

You've got the right idea here, but I agree. The two scripts hardly match up, and the way the 'M' curves over the dot in the 'i' is a bit much. The primary is very empty as is, it needs some other element in there to make it complete (the other wordmark, perhaps?) The cap logo, however, is brilliant. The drop shadows are a nice touch as well.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see you take another swing at the Rays. The wordmark I think should be a little less rigid as Rays tend to be very undulating in their movements.

I'd love to see this color scheme - http://kuler.adobe.com/#themeID/946502 - so long as the Miami Marlins aren't too close to it.

plmiddlesbrough.pngncaancarolina.pngligue1lyon-1.png

Could somebody please find Ja Rule so I can make sense of all this?!?! Help me Ja!!!

Like I said, this was coming.

4b/30 Tampa Bay Rays

I needed a better script, and a better hat. So I see what they have in their past. The previous logos were onto something, but it was lacking something. The current one is really nice, but it could be added to. I decided to tilt them, and to be honest, it adds a lot. I kept the current scripts, taking out the sun ray. Using the same colour scheme with this one too, but replacing black with dark green. There really was no where I could put a ray in that primary without looking forced. I'm up for suggestions, but nothing wowed me. here is the new work!

The last jersey, they just seemed boring, and needed more green. The Rays used vests before so its no big deal on this one. I based the script colour choice on the number/outline combo. Other than that, these are similar to my concept on page 2.

Rays2.png

RaysJrs3.png

Attempt 1

• 3 weeks later...

12/32 Cleveland Indians

I went to a Rays-Indians game recently, and the whole time I was noticing how lame the Tribe's set was. Chief Wahoo has random strokes on the feather, and teeth. The outlines are inconsistent, too. I have a Wahoo vector, but it was beyond repair, that means I had to trace it all by myself I fixed everything I mentioned, and added some white to the feather as an update. I dropped the block script/cap logo. I used the cursive fonts, with the C from Cleveland in a new hat logo. Simply a C with the feather. Lastly on the logos, I made the red more red, than a pinkish colour. The jerseys aren't much different. One thing I noticed was the NOB were weird in the sense that there was too many layers. Though, it looked better this way. For some reason, I thought they had a navy alt with the primary logo on the chest, turns out they didn't. So I just made one!

Indians.png

IndiansJrs.png

I really, REALLY wanted to put Sabathia, Lee, and James on the jerseys. C&C

I would put a line through the teeth so it looks like he has top teeth and bottom teeth. Other than that, I really like this, especially that C logo.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I tried doing a horizontal teeth line, but it really didn't look good in my mind. I also wanted to keep Chief Wahoo in the set as much as I could.

13/30 Los Angeles Angels

No Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of the California Republic. Simplify it down, and make it just Los Angeles. 2 things any LA team needs is an LA logo, and Los Angeles script. So I did do that. The A logo is the same, with a simple addition to the primary. I came up with the alt logo before the primary, and it seemed so simple after I figured out it looked good. FACT the Angel's vests are superior to the regular. I used them here. Nothing really else to say, just vests.

Angels.png

AngelsJrs.png

I have the O's done, i'll show you later.

The Angels script isn't lined up correctly. The S is higher than the A and, unless it's how it currently is, I think it needs to be changed. I love that LA logo.

nlog42.jpg

The Angels script isn't lined up correctly. The S is higher than the A and, unless it's how it currently is, I think it needs to be changed. I love that LA logo.

Yeah, that's how it is.

gkpgrqfxxwnrqln69gemefoim.gif

Ah, well you learn something new everyday.

nlog42.jpg

Personally, I HATE the Angels vests. I just don't like them. They just don't look like my team when they wear them. They weaken the Angels look, IMO. I hate most baseball vests in general, actually.

And if hell freezes over and Angels fans actually allow Los Angeles to show up on the jerseys, that's the way I'd want it to look. The Los Angeles script is good.

I'm not so hot on the "LA" logo though. I've seen it tried so many times, but it just looks very awkward to me. I think it's mostly because of the serifs in the middle of the letters and the halo on the A you can't get the L close enough to the A so the bottom leg of the L looks too long. Besides my whole thing of trying to avoid the Angels going full LA, I've just never liked any iteration of the modernized "LA" logo. It just doesn't work in my opinion.

Not a fan of the homeplate thing. The A is solid and identifiable by itself. And if anything it brings back a link to the Disney-fied pajama Angels logo. The first red Angels logo had the Blue baseball field-shaped field behind it, and that wasn't great for it. The A looks great by itself. And espeicially if you're going to stick with the vests, the patch needs to go. Because with the Angels, it's basically just a t-shirt under the vest. It just doenst look good.

Personally, I think any update or concept update of the Angels needs the gold halo. The gold halo is far superior to the silver one.

And I'm iffy on using a white NOB with the red numbers on the alt. Either make them both Red with blue/white outline or both white with blue outline. Not both.

Sorry if that's a lot more criticism than comments :lol:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived