The MLB according to raysox

raysox

I call bull:censored: on that. The majority of the fanbase will still go to games regardless if the team is the Los Angeles or Anaheim or Whatever Angels.

Oh yeah, and how the hell would fans stop "a full Los Angeles takeover" when they don't work for the team, design the logos, or market the team at all.

You're an Indians fan huh? Would you be happy if the team's name was changed to the Columbus Indians of Cleveland?

Or RaySox... How about the Miami Rays of Tampa-St. Petersberg? Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? Obviously you two aren't from Orange County or Los Angeles, so you couldn't possibly understand how disrespectful it is to both our communities.

The Washington Orioles of Baltimore... The New York Red Sox of Boston? The San Francisco Sharks of San Jose? It's dumb. It's geographically inaccurate. It makes no friggin sense!

And then there's this:

"During his testimony this week, Moreno put on an exhibition of how not to win over friends in Anaheim. At one point, he noted that the name changed was focused around drawing fans from the ?L.A. media market.? In doing so, he compared the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim to the New York Yankees and Mets. Those two teams don?t pay homage to the Bronx and Queens respectively; why should he pay homage to Anaheim?

Of course, what Moreno failed to mention contains a little lesson in geography. The Bronx and Queens are part of New York City while Anaheim is part of the O.C. It?s not a borough in Los Angeles; it?s not a suburb of Los Angeles; and in fact, it?s a good 30 miles away from Los Angeles. The New York Jets and Giants of New Jersey are closer to their namesake than the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim are to theirs."

No, it'd be the St Petersburg Rays of Tampa (Bay)...

6fQjS3M.png

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Braves alternate is really cool. I like the 'A' logo inside the State of Georgia but from a marketing standpoint it wouldn't be good for the team. The Braves are pretty much the Major League representatives of the entire southeast. That would be excluding Florida of course. Not counting the state of Florida of course. But if the Bravos were to have a logo like that, it would kind of be an F U to the Carolinas, Alabama, Mississippi, and the other southern states. The concept is really good though and I like the rest of your stuff too. Keep it up.

Or RaySox... How about the Miami Rays of Tampa-St. Petersberg? Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? Obviously you two aren't from Orange County or Los Angeles, so you couldn't possibly understand how disrespectful it is to both our communities.

This isn't much of a response as just something I looked up. LA to Anaheim is 26 miles, but Tampa to Miami is 282. But the Rays play in St. Pete which is 20 miles to Tampa, but still is in the Tampa market. It's just the Market they're in. More people know where Los Angeles is as compared to Anaheim.

ANYWHO the next will be the Rockies WITH PURPLE.

Don't pay attention to him, your thread is not the only one he's going all PMS in.

Great looking concepts. I especially like the Blue Jays returning to blue. The logo you used for the Alt cap is perfection. Also, the Rays bringing more green into the league.

Looking forward to seeing more.

87Redskins.png

I'll look into the Jays concept after these next two, cause I'm really excited.

19/30 Colorado Rockies

REMIX

Complete rebrand ahoy! So for this there is a lot of purple. I think everyone can agree its for the better. I went for a western font, and a really simple concept, just updating things. I updated the mountains, and the primary is the same basic idea. The cap logo is a simple C in the same font, with a tertiary logo with the mountains. I got rid of the pinstripes, but kept the purple going on the jerseys. Howeva, the caps are black like the current set. The numbers match the scripts, too.

Rockies.png

RockiesJrs.png

I'm nearly done with the Mariners, so look for that.

I'll look into the Jays concept after these next two, cause I'm really excited.

19/30 Colorado Rockies

REMIX

Complete rebrand ahoy! So for this there is a lot of purple. I think everyone can agree its for the better. I went for a western font, and a really simple concept, just updating things. I updated the mountains, and the primary is the same basic idea. The cap logo is a simple C in the same font, with a tertiary logo with the mountains. I got rid of the pinstripes, but kept the purple going on the jerseys. Howeva, the caps are black like the current set. The numbers match the scripts, too.

Rockies.png

RockiesJrs.png

I'm nearly done with the Mariners, so look for that.

Why are two teams named Denver (Broncos and Nuggets), and three named Colorado (Rockies, Avalanche, Rapids)? Same with Arizona (Cardinals, Diamondbacks) and Phoenix (Suns, Coyotes)?

Maybe I need to start a thread on this. I don't think this is the appropriate place to be asking this question.

Any advise as to where I should move this inquiry to?

ps) Nice concept, Raysox.

I still wish you'd update your Angels concept to say "Anaheim" though ;)

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Wayyyyyyyyyyyy too many curves and serifs in that font. Especially on the numbers, yikes.

No offense, but that font on the wordmark just makes the jerseys look minor league to me.

I like the intent, but I think this one needs to hit the drawing board.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

As a Rockies fan, I like the idea, but the font is really tough to read (especially on the home and road). Try re-working that, and I think I will really like this a lot.

Its a great idea, and (I think) it will be great if you fix the font.

RockiesSig.png

Much like most other people, I gotta agree here. I really like the idea of the Rockies really owning purple, but the font, both for the scripts and the numbers, has got to go.

A small BTW, did you consider trying the purple hat with a black C, since the alt it seems to go with is purple with black lettering?

I don't mean to be harsh, but this is the first one you bombed. Great idea to rebrand the Rockies first off, but the font (like others have said) is...bad. Too many curves and flow to be suitable for a team named the Rockies.

It could be just me, but I really don't like purple paired with black for the numbers. There needs to be some separation in there so that you are able to distinguish one color from the other.

The primary needs some work as well, it's not easily recognised as a baseball logo. You need some identifier in there whether it be a diamond, baseball, bat, etc.

Thanks for the comments guys. Too bad they're mean ind you guys stink.

But I just tried finding use for that font, and I guess that this wasn't it! I'll go into the deepest bowels of dafont and find you guys a font you'll like. I and however close to finishing the Mariners concept I mentioned, and Ill get to the Rockies after.

I like all of your concepts. They really are great. Keep up the good work. One request and one comment...

I'd like to see a Rays jersey with the dark blue and green with yellow and/or light blue trim

I think you should change the font on the Rockies jersey. It looks too devilish, like there's a pitch fork on the end of every number and letter. I'd like to see a western font for them. Maybe something like this? http://cg.scs.carleton.ca/~luc/OUTLAW-FONT-BILLY-ARGEL.jpg

Love the Giants, Astros, Phillies, Padres, Nats, Brewers, Indians, Tigers, & Jays.

Like everything about the Rangers except the font on the unis

Like the Cardinals, but I'd say either use the darker shade of red more or not at all. It looks out of place on just the road cap.

Not crazy about the White Sox, their current set is perfect IMO.

Twins are alright, that Minnesota script would be cool without the swish on the M under the dot of the i. Also not crazy about the curved T in the TC hat logo.

Rays (the more recent design) are awesome, except I don't like the slanted Tampa Bay on the roads, I'd make it curved or something?

Los Angeles road script is very cool. Never liked the Angels in red hats though, also not crazy about the LA hat logo.

Really like the Orioles, except for the O's hat logo.

Like the A's unis & elephant logos, but not the yellow "A's" on the hats. Their current green hat, white logo, yellow brim is the sharpest looking hat in baseball.

Braves ones are alright, never was crazy about the tomahawk A hat logo though.

Love everything about the Rockies unis except for the font.

Awesome job overall, very enjoyable time killer looking at all of these. I can't wait to see what you do with the Mets.

20/30 Seattle Mariners

So I've seriously had this idea since the start, and never really figured out what was wrong. I figured out that the font was just lame. So I moved to a more Agency type with the newer rebrand. I dropped the aqua-ish colour, just for the fact that it's basically a new team restarting. I did have seahawks colours, but dropped the lighter blue. I liked the compass logo deal, so I kept it around, but put an anchor on it for the marine theme. I learned how to do that with text too! So I honed my newfound skill and made a new script. If you remember what I said about Detroit's jerseys, I hate jerseys with just piping on the chest, not the sleeves. Piping is now on the sleeves. For the alt, I tried to include some lime green in there more than usual. The contrast makes it pop on the navy.

Mariners.png

MarinersJrs.png

So comment! It's two rebrands, and two hit or miss concepts in a row. Lay it on me.

Archived