LA Kings rebrand

undead

I've always thought the Kings should use purple. It's royal, it's unique to the league. If purple and gold are too "out there" for people, I say add a little black. That way you can tie the past to the Gretzky years. I've never really liked that the kings just use a crown for a logo. That's why I was happy when the Burger King logo was used. Of course in hindsight, it's a silly looking logo. I present to you the new burger king.

concretetexturewatermark.png

C+C please.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

I like everything here except for the numbering and font on the back. I think this would be an awesome sweater. The king logo looks serious enough to be a cool logo. Not goofy like the Burger King.

I agree with Has2916. Looks great, but absolutely has to have a different font. Find something that reminds you of the burger king logo, or at least your 'KINGS' script.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I think the background you use really makes it hard to appreciate what you are doing. I understand watermarking to protect your work, but it should not obscure the work either. From what I can tell it is OK and I also do not like the font used. Also I can't put my finger on it but the King needs something, eyes perhaps, I just don't know, but something is missing. The way it is on the purple jersey he looks like Jerry Garcia.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

The Kings have never actually used a "monarch" as their primary logo. They had one as a short-lived alternate in 1995, but for their entire franchise history, their primary logo has always just been a crown, with various styles and details added over the years.

Thus, it's just very awkward seeing a face attached to the crown and used as a primary logo. This isn't bad, I really like the purple and gold (makes much more sense for the Kings to have these colors than the Lakers), but I still think I'd take just the crown logo over yours.

My only problem with the purple is the colors would be too close with the same-city Los Angeles Lakers. Although the Lakers shouldn't use purple and gold (raise your hand if you've seen a gold lake), they'll never change. Maybe switch out gold and keep black. As for the logo, it's modern, which is good. I like the fact you're using an actual king for the primary, instead of a crown. The jersey is plain. I'm not that fond of the yellow lettering. The "1" and "6" on both arms are off of the jersey. Overall, it's not bad. The jersey could use some touching up, though.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

My only problem with the purple is the colors would be too close with the same-city Los Angeles Lakers. Although the Lakers shouldn't use purple and gold (raise your hand if you've seen a gold lake), they'll never change. Maybe switch out gold and keep black. As for the logo, it's modern, which is good. I like the fact you're using an actual king for the primary, instead of a crown. The jersey is plain. I'm not that fond of the yellow lettering. The "1" and "6" on both arms are off of the jersey. Overall, it's not bad. The jersey could use some touching up, though.

New York Islanders got the same colors as the New York Mets, Washington Capitals share Red White & Blue with the Nats so it's alright.

Like the concept.

I've always thought the Kings should use purple. It's royal, it's unique to the league. If purple and gold are too "out there" for people, I say add a little black. That way you can tie the past to the Gretzky years. I've never really liked that the kings just use a crown for a logo. That's why I was happy when the Burger King logo was used. Of course in hindsight, it's a silly looking logo. I present to you the new burger king.

concretetexturewatermark.png

C+C please.

Proportions on the face are really good until you get to below the nose. Why is there space above the moustache? It should be on his top lip which should pretty much touch the bottom of his nose. As a result of this extra space it's throwing off the entire beard/lower jaw area and it's making him look like he's wearing one of those fake beards that hooks up over your ears. It's a pretty easy fix just move everything up a bit, but it needs done.

I also have to agree with some of the others on the numbers, there just too plain if you ask me, there's nothing in the slightest unique about them and it's weakening the whole package.

Great start though a few tweaks and this could be a really strong piece.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Ummmm it looks exactly like your Rasputin avatar. Did you think no one would notice? haha

Personally I'm not a fan of logos that try to emulate a picture exactly. They're boring. I like a little caricaturization and expression. This is generic.

Actually, everyone, I'm kinda mad I posted the uniform at all. You're all right the numbers are generic. I think they're a standard windows font that I made italic. It's called Impact, I think. I recently bought a new computer and I forgot to tranfer over all my fonts. I'll have to get to that. I'm not really a uniform guy. I'm not good at making them so normally I don't. I wanted to see how the purple and gold would go together with a little black. Since I made it for myself, I figured I would post it with my logo. I wanted everybody to see that purple and gold could work in today's NHL. I think the kings should go back to those colors. If they include black, it'll have all the best eras of the team represented.

Just curious, why did you make it number 61?

I made it 61 just because that's the number I wear on my hockey team.

Ummmm it looks exactly like your Rasputin avatar. Did you think no one would notice? haha

Close...but no. It is based on a real person but that person is Charlton Heston. I was working on a logo for Davidson's people logo tutorial. That unfinished logo is for the Wichita Desperados. I got bored with that so I changed it around to work for the kings. I should really post this in that thread too.

hestontokingprogression.png

Thanks for all the comments guys. Keep them coming.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

I just noticed that (whether intentional or not), your king is wearing Neptune's crown. Given LA's geographic location, it makes me like it that much more.

Archived