An Alternate Universe's MLB

robbman21

Sorry guys I'm at a transitional phase right now lol...just got engaged and planning a wedding and a big move soon plus working a couple of different jobs doing design work so I've been staying pretty busy...but I assure you all this series will not die!!

No worries man.

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am giving this a good 'ole *bump* to bring it back to light...I think it's time to dust it off and get back to work.

On another note, if anyone with great photoshop skills wants to take the time to help me with the NBA's Alternate Universe, I have it all planned out, just needs to be visualized. The Alternate MLB will be continuing very soon. Thanks for your patience.

98Falcons.png

I am giving this a good 'ole *bump* to bring it back to light...I think it's time to dust it off and get back to work.

On another note, if anyone with great photoshop skills wants to take the time to help me with the NBA's Alternate Universe, I have it all planned out, just needs to be visualized. The Alternate MLB will be continuing very soon. Thanks for your patience.

Send me a PM, I'd be more than willing to help you out!

TDZiMMB.png

I'd love to help you out!

PM me.

RockiesSig.png

If I had photoshop, I would help, but alas, I don't.

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

This is great news. I'm glad you bumped the thread, too--I've wanted to see these ever since you mentioned the project in the Alternate NFL thread (which I miss a great deal, but I understand why it went to the graveyard. *shakes fist at the jerks*)

sweet. i hope to see the continuation of the NFL one too. This was a fantastic series and i hope to see more.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• 5 months later...

Oh Dear It's Been 7 Months without posting an Alternate Universe's MLB, Oh Dear i wish if we can bring this topic back to life i want to see what will happen to the following california teams.

Alternate Timeline -> Real Timeline

Los Angeles Angels -> San Diego Padres

Los Angeles Dodgers -> Pittsburgh Pirates??

Oakland Athletics -> Philadelphia Phillies

San Diego Padres -> Houston Astros or Texas Rangers (It's A Tossup in Texas!)

San Francisco Giants -> Minnesota Twins

I'm gonna finish it I've just had a lot of real world design work on my plate the last several months, but now that I'm back in the world of the unemployed I may have some time to get back on it.

Also if you've been keeping up all along, you've seen that I've asked posters to please not post their speculations as to what teams transfer to what, just so as not to ruin any surprises along the way. Thanks

98Falcons.png

Yeah,

I read the team histories, I really like to "foreshadowing" in them as well. I am really looking forwards to the detroit --> arizona.

Very nice job on the yankees-->rockies logos. They look great.

Detroit's not Arizona...and Arizona is not Detroit ;-)

Yeah, if the yankees are the rockies, and the tigers were an expansion team with them, It would be the tigers as the marlins

Jersey strong, Brooklyn ready.

Please don't speculate on the thread about what team is which, even if it's been hinted at in the team histories, that's kind of one of my rules of this alternate world just so that it doesn't create any spoilers and each team is revealed as we go along...just sit back and enjoy each team as they are revealed =)

98Falcons.png

• 6 months later...

THOUGHTS This one was pretty simple: When I was thinking of which teams to crossover, I came to the Dodgers, and all I could think about was "Dodger Blue". Since their color is essentially a version of royal blue, it was pretty easy to make the connection to the KC Royals, and what if the Royals had the illustrious history of the Dodgers, then it would be easy to coin the phrase "Royal Blue" to represent the team that started out in Brooklyn but then moved west, only to stop in K.C. instead of L.A. For the uninitiated who are new to the site, please refer back to the opening posts of this thread from over two years ago to figure out what's going on here. As always...enjoy.

Royals1.png

RoyalsBP.png

RoyalsLogos.png

98Falcons.png

THOUGHTS This one was pretty simple: When I was thinking of which teams to crossover, I came to the Dodgers, and all I could think about was "Dodger Blue". Since their color is essentially a version of royal blue, it was pretty easy to make the connection to the KC Royals, and what if the Royals had the illustrious history of the Dodgers, then it would be easy to coin the phrase "Royal Blue" to represent the team that started out in Brooklyn but then moved west, only to stop in K.C. instead of L.A. For the uninitiated who are new to the site, please refer back to the opening posts of this thread from over two years ago to figure out what's going on here. As always...enjoy.

Royals1.png

RoyalsBP.png

RoyalsLogos.png

you just made my weekend.I hope more is in the works. THat concept is the best i've seen the royals look.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived