An Alternate Universe's MLB

robbman21

The "T" is the webbing of the glove, drop the final digit and once again you have a four-fingered glove, something that always kinda irked me about the otherwise perfect original Ball and Glove.

98Falcons.png

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Cleveland Indians The most time consuming part about these concepts is not the concept itself, it's tying in the whole alt world reality into everything and doing the research that I have to do to tie it all together. With that being said, at least for this one I'm going to skip it and just put up the concept along with my thoughts.

The Reality Perhaps the best, most recent crossover has been Kenny Lofton, traded from the Indians to the Braves prior to the 1997 season after leading the Tribe to the playoffs in '95 and '96, and then turning around before the 1998 season and signing BACK with the Indians.

ThoughtsWhen putting this whole project together, it was obvious in my mind that one of the two Native American-related teams had to be switched for the other, so the Indians inherited the Braves history. Getting the scripts to match up was really the only tricky part of putting this together. I also almost went with an "I" for the cap logos to match the current Tribe, but went with the cursive "C" instead as to mimic the Braves long-standing "A". Since the two teams use almost the same shades of red and navy, the entire concept came out probably as close as possible to what the team it took it's identity from actually looks like.

Indians1.png

Indians2.png

IndiansBP.png

IndiansLogos.png

98Falcons.png

That's so sweet. Not as good as the actual ball in glove logo, but then again nothing is. ^_^

I wonder if in their timeline the twins BiG logo is reviled as much as it is revered in our timeline?

My experience was that the fans of Minnesota detest it and think it's dated and a senseless reminder of a franchise stuck in 1982...and that they only *really* got the uniforms right when they added a "Minnesota" script to the current unis.

98Falcons.png

Excellent work with the Alternate Universe Cleveland Indians. I always knew that both the Atlanta Braves and Cleveland Indians had the completely similar "Red, Navy Blue, and White" color scheme along with the Native American theme.

YOZXkBG.png?1

• 4 weeks later...

I just discovered that an MLB version of your NFL series existed, and am blown away. That "Cleveland" script is a thing of beauty, and none of the concepts have disappointed (and the "BAL" logo was stupendous, it sticks in my head as a shining example of what makes this series so great). Keep up the amazing work!

I am slightly disappointed that you didn't give us an alternate history for the Braves/Indians, though - the histories are some of my favorite parts of this project :) And I'm very much looking forward to the Colorado/White Sox crossover (at least, I think I have those straight) - I'm obviously a Rockies fan and one of my good friends is a White Sox fan, so it'll surely be of interest.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

Great series, excellent work. First time running into this.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys I'm at a transitional phase right now lol...just got engaged and planning a wedding and a big move soon plus working a couple of different jobs doing design work so I've been staying pretty busy...but I assure you all this series will not die!!

98Falcons.png

Archived