An Alternate Universe's MLB

robbman21

'dances with joy'

I've been waiting months to see this come back. As for the concept, even though the royals aren't that different from that in real life, it's flawless as always.

( Still wish you did the akternate history and the relations between the two franchises again.)

07Giants.pngnyy.png

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am relatively new to the boards, so I flipped back through this thread and had one of the most entertaining 10 minute stretches of my life. All these concepts look great, but the Yankees one really stood out to me. Just to be clear, since the current Mets brand was spliced onto the Blue Jays, does that mean that there will be a Mets concept in the future with the Blue Jays brand? Really awesome idea for a thread.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Huzzah! It's back! Robbman is back! And as always, a great design! Subtle differences, but all there. I never really realized how similar the Royals and Dodgers dressed though until I looked at the real deals to reconcile everything. Great job on Dodgerizing the KC too!

I am relatively new to the boards, so I flipped back through this thread and had one of the most entertaining 10 minute stretches of my life. All these concepts look great, but the Yankees one really stood out to me. Just to be clear, since the current Mets brand was spliced onto the Blue Jays, does that mean that there will be a Meta concept in the future with the Blue Jays brand? Really awesome idea for a thread.

All MLB teams have been shuffled, so each team will have it's counterpart.

8VvwoNps.png

Just posted a revised Blue Jays treatment based upon the Mets' 2012 changes. Red takes the place of the Mets' orange in the unis, but next to that blue your eyes almost fool you into thinking it's orange because you think you're seeing a Mets uniform and not the Blue Jays. Not a major overhaul but a nessecary addition to make the continuity of this thread flow seamlessly over the course of the time it's been worked on. Enjoy!

98Falcons.png

Just posted the updated Yankees/Rockies crossover per the changes made since the original posting two years ago. For those new to the boards or those that don't remember, one of the "Rules" that I made for myself when I was first fleshing out how to do these alternate series' is if a needed to add a color to a team's scheme to make it work in the crossover, I would ONLY add black or silver, and make the team's existing colors work around that. Since the Rockies colors revolve around black and silver, and the Yankees are famously only navy and white (and gray if you must throw in the road uni)then both of those colors would come into play in this treatment, I believe the only time that both have been used between this or the NFL series. I opted to use the Yankees navy in place of the Rockies' purple, so in some spots the black is the dominant color. However, since the Rockies have a dark alternate, I reversed my way of thinking and gave the Yankees the sleeveless-over-sleeves alternate their signature midnight navy color, which to me made more sense than using black. The new BP jersey retains the original's black color. As always...enjoy!!

98Falcons.png

While I continue to update this series to bring the uniforms to current, I can say definitely, without a doubt, that the OTHER alternate universe major professional sports league series that was once popular on this board will be relaunched in a Superhero-movie-style reboot between right now and September 5th, which is the kickoff of the 2012 season of the league which this "other" thread will be based on. The date has been set...let the anticipation begin...

98Falcons.png

God, that will be awesome.

But will the great backstories come back with the reboot?

For football, yes...the back stories will definitely return and will be updated to bring them all up to the present. All player models will be updated to reflect current rosters with a few new action templates thrown in, and this time when I stepped back through the wormhole to visit the other side, I got criss-crossed somewhere into an alternate universe where not all of the teams were the same as they were last time...was kind of weird, but a few teams are different. That's really all that I can say before the big reveal. Stay tuned...

98Falcons.png

• 1 year later...

If there's anyone(s) out there who would mind posting a list of changes made to the previously posted teams since they were originally posted (I added Jays and Yankees touch-ups last year but could still touch those up) I would greatly appreciate it since I barely have time to even work on these, much less dig through to see who made what ever-so-minor changes between 2010 and now. I know every team has gotten a new BP, so that will be a start. But anything else no matter how minor of a tweak, if some of you wouldn't mind pointing that out it would be awesome, that way the thread can stay organic and constantly grow and change year and year even when all teams have been revealed. Thanks!

98Falcons.png

Archived