Former Yankees Mascot

cmm

I didn't see this posted anywhere else, but there was an article today in the Wall Street Journal's NY Sports page about the old mascot of the Yankees: a Phillie Phanatic-type thing named Dandy. It is one of the worst looking mascots I've ever seen. As a Mets fan, I wish they kept it. Since mascots are sort-of logo-esque, I thought I'd mention it here.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703389004575304961535825960.html?mod=WSJ_NY_Sports_LEFT_LEADNewsCollection

NY-AH032_SPRTS__G_20100614183429.jpg

I didn't see this posted anywhere else, but there was an article today in the Wall Street Journal's NY Sports page about the old mascot of the Yankees: a Phillie Phanatic-type thing named Dandy. It is one of the worst looking mascots I've ever seen. As a Mets fan, I wish they kept it. Since mascots are sort-of logo-esque, I thought I'd mention it here.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703389004575304961535825960.html?mod=WSJ_NY_Sports_LEFT_LEADNewsCollection

NY-AH032_SPRTS__G_20100614183429.jpg

wtf is that? i was expecting some 1930esque uncle sam mascot.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

He's still vastly better than the Yankees' current ridiculously big-headed, attention-whoring mascot:

11_yankeerudy_lg.jpg

Also, I had no idea the Philly Phanatic was created in my neighborhood. Brooklyn Heights represent!

That mascot looks like the result of a Don Mattingly/zebra get-together. Seriously, I'm glad he never lasted long.

Why wouldn't they use an Uncle Sam mascot? They have his hat on their display logo, right? Of course, a modern Uncle Sam would have the face and jawline of Steely McBeam and his muscles to boot.

That may be one of the worst mascots ever

Right up there with...

six_081023_tshirt_tour_300.jpg

^^^

Ugh. Gorilla, Jazz Bear, Benny, Clutch, he most certainly is was not. He couldn't even hold a candle to Thunder (Warrior's answer to Blue Man Group, or so it seems).

Anyways, what a sad ending to this mascot, but whether or not he deserved it is up to you.

Right up there with...

Don't forget this classic mascot...

From the Muskegon Mohawks (IHL), here's "Big Mo"! :blink::blink: :blink:

BigMo.png

and the Pistons first mascot, Sir Slam a Lot!

Sir_Slam_A_Lot.jpg

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Right up there with...

Introducing a mascot that gives kids nightmares is never a sound marketing / promotional strategy. The best was how former mascot "Big Shot" was fired so that Pat Croce could "hire" "Hip Hop".

Big Shot:

n64185142650_2401.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Right up there with...

Introducing a mascot that gives kids nightmares is never a sound marketing / promotional strategy. The best was how former mascot "Big Shot" was fired so that Pat Croce could "hire" "Hip Hop".

Big Shot:

n64185142650_2401.jpg

Talk about mascot fail by the 76ers. Not sure what's worse, a Muppet in hot pants or that stupid rabbit.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived