2010-2011 NBA Graphics

TruColor

Yeah, it doesn't have any Utah symbolism and it's not the New Orleans palette they inherited. Totally devoid of semiotic value in addition to being depressing and devoid of contrast. Drab and pedestrian.

You do know that anybody close to the team really doesn't care about the colors being Utah symbolic anymore, right? I guess I'm getting tired of people bringing up the whole "this logo has nothing to do with Utah" argument when the team really doesn't care. They want to get back to the days of that classic look, where the team crossed over to the other side and became a constant playoff contender! Sure you have those great Finals teams of '97 & '98, but it's a fact that True Jazz Fans feel closer to the old note logo than they ever will with the mountain identity they adopted in 1996-97.

We're attacking the color palette, not the logo package...

We've moved on.

:D

Regardless of the logo or the colors, it?s same thing when you?re throwing that whole ?Utah Symbolism? crap in there.

Wasatch doles out superfluous exclamation points like an old man giving butterscotch candy to his grandkids. Everything is presented with a slightly disingenuous unbridled enthusiasm.

And you make me guffaw with your overbearing sense of pomposity! Go ahead and point out where I was inaccurate with my previous statement; or we can get over it and back on topic. Nobody really cares if we don't care for each other. :D

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else miss the days when teams would use bright colours? Like back in the late 70s/early 80s, when teams weren't afraid to slap a fudging great rainbow across the front of the jersey. I'm not advocating a move back to the ultra-garish sublimated designs of the 90s, but this use of darker tones (and not just basketball - it's happening across the sports spectrum) is getting me down.

How is that alt logo even possible? How can the LA be in front of the C, but the shadow is behind it, without the C having a shadow? Am I missing something or is this just wrong?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How is that alt logo even possible? How can the LA be in front of the C, but the shadow is behind it, without the C having a shadow? Am I missing something or is this just wrong?

thicon_lol.gif That brings me to a thought that popped into my head earlier today. Has there ever been a case where a team has released a new identity package, caught some flaws in their files, and then made the changes under the radar for the next season?

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

My first reaction completely. It's the FIFTH DIMENSIONNNNNNNNNN.....

thicon_lol.gif That brings me to a thought that popped into my head earlier today. Has there ever been a case where a team has released a new identity package, caught some flaws in their files, and then made the changes under the radar for the next season?

The Arizona Diamondbacks made some subtle changes a year after releasing their latest new look

2007 vs. 2008-Pres

3wr29gnqgyosq17p79h071vnk.gifr4fwhthgqig79ggqhfob1ig2j.gif

Baltimore too...

1995-1997 vs. 1998 vs. 1999-2008

cxkgdetfyfriiemgr590wqw7z.gif6y68fyd4c7c6sgfhykhe.gifp51ytld8grrh11nhiolx.gif

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

OMG the Clippers fixed their basketball! The mysterious "third line" is gone! It only took 25 years, too!

ioxjye9im9phdgfyfxvj1xb71.gif

(follow the lines in the basketball)

Late to the party ehh?

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

To somehwat play devils advocate, it could be that the C is on the "ground" or "surface" or "screen", and the LA is hovering above it.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

To somehwat play devils advocate, it could be that the C is on the "ground" or "surface" or "screen", and the LA is hovering above it.

In which case the shadow should be visible over the C, at least with a darker shade of blue. Right now, the perspective looks as confusing as an MC Escher drawing.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

A member here (Sterling84) pointed out to the Bucks how their bevels were screwed up when the change back to green and red was made. They fixed it before the start of the season.

There's a thread on here about it, but I'm too lazy to look for it again.

It's where I sit.

In which case the shadow should be visible over the C, at least with a darker shade of blue. Right now, the perspective looks as confusing as an MC Escher drawing.

Touche. Well, to play devils advocate again, it could be that there is a gray LA placed under the C.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

The clippers blue & red got darker

No, they're the same shades. The discrepancies are due to Illustrator's poor conversions to RGB. Especially that older logo, which used those incredibly outdated 'CVC' (computer video-coated) Pantone swatches. Note to designers: STOP USING PANTONE CVC AND CV LIBRARIES. THEY WERE DISCONTINUED IN 2000. THEY SUCK. THEY DON'T ACCURATELY PORTRAY COLORS IN RGB, OR CMYK FOR THAT MATTER. JUST STOP. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GET THE LATEST SET OF PMS AND GOE LIBRARIES AND JUST USE THEM INSTEAD. THAT IS ALL.

Anyway (*ahem*), here is the previous logo RGB-optimized:

LosAngelesClippers_PML1_1985-2010.png

Archived