2010-2011 NBA Graphics

TruColor

I feel like the yellow the Cavs are going with is to bright when compared to the other colors in their logo package. I think the older gold color worked better, being a bit darker.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Single-layer wordmarks for the Cavs, huh? Looks awful. What a bad idea. They couldn't outline that?

Why would you want to outline it? It doesn't serve any purpose. It doesn't lift the wordmark from the background. It doesn't make it more legible. An outline would be eye candy and nothing more. I'm not against outlines, though I don't think there should ever be more than one on a wordmark, but my guess is single-layer will make more sense when the uniforms are unveiled.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Ya know... I gotta say... on the hat, I didn't like the new Cavs workmark... it looked TOO generic... but seeing it here without an outline really makes it pop.

I don't know about that one. I don't think you can introduce single-layer here in 2010. Maybe you can. Maybe it's a Cleveland thing.

Clearly... the Cleveland comment was necessary. Some of you people just make me laugh with your comments.

Back to discussing the logo, rather than attempted knocks on cities... Like I said, the no outline seems to pop with these colors. I think they can easily add an outline, or a shadow coming from bottom to top.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Just looks cheap to me.

cavshome.png

cavsroad.png

Admittedly sloppy rendering, but it looks a little better with the outline, especially on the roads. Overall, it's a huge downgrade from the old uniforms either way, but whatever.

Clearly... the Cleveland comment was necessary.

Good-hearted reference to what I thought had been kind of a running gag. If you took offense to that, you should see what I think about people I don't like.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

See... I think with the outline in cheapens it. It looks too generic. Without the outline, it just seems to be... less generic.

As for the Magic... the only thing that discourages me is the loss of the star on the jersey front.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Utah Jazz...

Primary Logo:

UtahJazz_PML1_2011-9999.png

Partial Logo:

UtahJazz_PAL1_2011-9999.png

Secondary Logo:

UtahJazz_SEL1_2011-9999.png

Uniform Script 1:

UtahJazz_UNS1_2011-9999.png

Uniform Script 2:

UtahJazz_UNS2_2011-9999.png

You know, this change is really growing on me. I think the colors are definitely more professional & actually give a look that an adult fan can feel comfortable wearing (purple & baby blue just weren't doing it for me). This look also gives Utah a unique color scheme among American professional sports.

ujsignature.png

Utah Jazz...

Primary Logo:

Partial Logo:

You know, this change is really growing on me. I think the colors are definitely more professional & actually give a look that an adult fan can feel comfortable wearing (purple & baby blue just weren't doing it for me). This look also gives Utah a unique color scheme among American professional sports.

I agree with you, it only took three attempts but finally I think the mountain logo looks good.

Utah Jazz...

Primary Logo:

Partial Logo:

Secondary Logo:

UtahJazz_SEL1_2011-9999.png

Uniform Script 1:

UtahJazz_UNS1_2011-9999.png

Uniform Script 2:

UtahJazz_UNS2_2011-9999.png

I like it, tho I wish the green were brighter.

Utah Jazz...

Primary Logo:

Partial Logo:

I agree with you, it only took three attempts but finally I think the mountain logo looks good.

I just wish they left the "UTAH" font alone. The Optima is just ugly. There was nothing wrong with the previous script.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Optima looks terrible at any weight heavier than book. Those neat flaring pseudo-serifs lose all their subtlety and wind up looking clunky and dumb.

I told you so! :P

That Jazz 'J' still curves slightly immediately next to where it attaches to the ball. While they got the recolorization right, the should have cleaned up the details much better.

AGREED! I was thinking to myself yesterday that I'm going to recreate the new wordmark without these little imperfections.

Does anybody have the following Utah Jazz wordmark version with the silver outline around it? This one seems to be in much better condition than the one they even have on their official logo sheet.

2hwdvy8.jpg

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

I don't know...for some reason, I find this color combination kind of depressing. I just don't think there's enough (re: any) contrast between the Navy and Dark Green:

UtahJazzNavy_2011_SOL_SRGB.pngUtahJazzGreen_2011_SOL_SRGB.pngUtahJazzYellow_2011_SOL_SRGB.pngUtahJazzGray_2011_SOL_SRGB.png

I would have preferred that the Jazz use a Kelly Green instead of the Milwaukee Bucks' Green.

Yeah, it doesn't have any Utah symbolism and it's not the New Orleans palette they inherited. Totally devoid of semiotic value in addition to being depressing and devoid of contrast. Drab and pedestrian.

Yeah, it doesn't have any Utah symbolism and it's not the New Orleans palette they inherited. Totally devoid of semiotic value in addition to being depressing and devoid of contrast. Drab and pedestrian.

You do know that anybody close to the team really doesn?t care about the colors being Utah symbolic anymore, right? I guess I?m getting tired of people bringing up the whole ?this logo has nothing to do with Utah? argument when the team really doesn?t care. They want to get back to the days of that classic look, where the team crossed over to the other side and became a constant playoff contender! Sure you have those great Finals teams of ?97 & ?98, but it?s a fact that True Jazz Fans feel closer to the old note logo than they ever will with the mountain identity they adopted in 1996-97.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

I don't know...for some reason, I find this color combination kind of depressing. I just don't think there's enough (re: any) contrast between the Navy and Dark Green:

UtahJazzNavy_2011_SOL_SRGB.pngUtahJazzGreen_2011_SOL_SRGB.pngUtahJazzYellow_2011_SOL_SRGB.pngUtahJazzGray_2011_SOL_SRGB.png

I would have preferred that the Jazz use a Kelly Green instead of the Milwaukee Bucks' Green.

Yeah, the colors are way to dreary. I think the problem could be fixed perhaps by using a brighter blue and green like this:

Jazz.png

You do know that anybody close to the team really doesn't care about the colors being Utah symbolic anymore, right? I guess I'm getting tired of people bringing up the whole "this logo has nothing to do with Utah" argument when the team really doesn't care. They want to get back to the days of that classic look, where the team crossed over to the other side and became a constant playoff contender! Sure you have those great Finals teams of '97 & '98, but it's a fact that True Jazz Fans feel closer to the old note logo than they ever will with the mountain identity they adopted in 1996-97.

We're attacking the color palette, not the logo package...

We've moved on.

:D

Wasatch doles out superfluous exclamation points like an old man giving butterscotch candy to his grandkids. Everything is presented with a slightly disingenuous unbridled enthusiasm.

Archived