NCAA Football Concepts

bigmike

Haha I think Ohio State should be #2, they look like they have a good team this year, but what do I know, I don't really follow Ohio State lol. Anyways thanks for all the comments guys, Brave-Bird do you have a picture of the Bulldog logo you're talking about? I think I know which one it is but I haven't been able to find it (maybe I'm thinking of a different one haha). I could change the Bulldog logos out if you think it would fit better but for now I'll move ahead with #22.

#22 Cincinnati Bearcats (Updated with FSU Post)

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall, I like it. And believe me, I'm hard to impress when it comes to concepts of my hometown teams. ^_^

Two things bug me about this thought:

1. I'm not really understanding how the sleeve striping works. So I'll use the white jersey as an example. Is the red stripe that appears on the front view of the jersey the same stripe that comes from the back of the collar?

2. On the black pants, switch the stripiing colors to white for the top stripe and red for the bottom.

Oh man, I messed up on the White Jersey, I'll fix that real quick haha.

Edit: Alright, fixed the white jerseys, and I switched the red and white on the black jerseys/pants. I also made sure the top stripe matched the number's color, so its all consistent now.

The best part of the UGA concept is the return of the G to top of the pants stripe. UGA should do the same if they are returning to the true silver britches this year, as it looks like they are.

FSU2.gif

Bump, I see what your saying C Jay, I was trying to imitate Adidas with the horizontal striping, although theres is more piping. I may try to rotate the sleeve stripe and angle the shoulder stripe upward a little more so it's not as flat. I should have FSU up tonight, and I've already got Oregon State (I know I've said that about 3 times now) and Penn State done, but I'll post them after I get some more comments on this and FSU.

#22 Cincinnati Bearcats V.2

Alright, C Jay Z suggested that I make the jersey stripes more vertical like the pants, which was really a good idea because my 1st version's stripes seem kind of flat on the front and don't flow to well with the back of the jersey. So at first I thought I'd just update it with an Adidas template (similar to what Cincy's got now). And After I did that I figured out how to do vertical style striping on the jersey, and make it flow right into the pants, so this will definitely look like an Adidas concept (although it kind of reminds me of Texas Tech's Under Armor Unis). I really like how it turned out though just because I could actually see Adidas doing something like this in real life.

Home and Away V.2

CincinnatiHomeandAwayUniformsV2.png

Alternate Home and Away

CincinnatiAltHomeandAwayUniformsV2.png

#21 Florida State

Okay for Florida State I knew that I wanted to go in the direction of their pro combat uniforms. I thought they had some of the best and plus it's a nice way for them to move on from the Bobby Bowden era. I used Rentz(Nole42)'s mockup of their updated spear logo, because it fits perfect with feather used on their pro combat pants. So what I did was use the feather on the pants like it was a stripe, and then I tried to keep everything as consistent as I could with the Spear and the feather, so thats why there are some outlines. I used the feathers on the collar and trim, which is sort of a nod to the old uniforms, even though I did get the sleeve trim from their Pro Combat Uniforms. I also used the same font, but with a double outline, to stay more consistent with the wordmark. I took the FSU logo and made it horizontal. I really liked the all-black and all-white uniforms that we thought we were going to see, so I decided to add White Helmets, all the pants are interchangeable and same with the helmets. That's about it, I'll play around with Cincinnati and I'll definitely get Oregon State up tommorow.

Home and Away

FloridaStateHomeAwayUniforms.png

Alternate Home and Away

FloridaStateAlternateUniforms.png

Garnett & Gold

FloridaStateGarnettGoldFashionUn-2.png

i like fsu's except for the gold, i dont know if theres a lighter shade you could use or if it has to be that gold, but everything elseis very good

maehl.png

Thanks guys, I tried a lighter shade of gold but I didn't think it looked as good. I would like to hear some more thoughts about Cincy and FSU but since I've had sitting around so long I'll go ahead and post Oregon State.

Update: Took away the helmet stripe.

#20 Oregon State Beavers

Oregon State was one of my favorite teams to do because I love their colors, and I knew exactly what I was going to do with them before I even started the project. I like their current uniforms and the pants stripe they have, there also a team that I thought I could do something modern with. So I used a modified Pro Combat template and basically mimicked their pants strip on the jerseys, the pants stripes a little different just because it's on a Pro Combat template, and the whole stripe wraps around the back instead of the just the top piping. I used the OS logo on the helmet, and the striping on the helmet is really different, it's mimicking the stripes seen on the uniforms. I also used the Beavers script from the Beaver logo, and I used the Beaver logo on the pants. I have Penn State done, and I will post them next, not a big change but some tweaks, I may go ahead and do Arkansas so I can post them with Penn State, since Penn State's are only a small change. Would love to hear some thoughts on this concept as well as the other ones, Thanks & Enjoy!

Home and Away

OregonStHomeAwayUniforms-1.png

Alternate Home and Away

OregonStAlternateUniforms-1.png

I'm really glad you put the OS on the helmet. I love that font. Unique striping is good, but not so sure about the helmet stripe.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

FSU would look really good if you stuck with the Pro Combat style and gave them garnet pants, and I think a gold jersey would look good as well.

In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing them with garnet/gold/black/white for helmets, jerseys and pants.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Cincy: Much better, I can definately see them wearing this.

Noles: The pant and helmet logos look great with a black outline; the black and white monochromes are my favorites.

Beavers: I want to like this, but I can't imagine this on the field. There's no real unity in the striping, so maybe a bit more uniform (pun intended) striping would help.

Alright I updated Oregon State by taking the helmet stripe off. I think everyone liked it enough to keep it the same way. I also added some Garnett and Gold Monochrome uniforms in the FSU post, idk if I'd actually want to see both of them but since Kevin wanted to see what it looked like, I went ahead and did those. Okay and now the next team is Penn State, I thought I'd wait and do Arkansas and post both of them, but I haven't finished Arkansas yet.

#19 Penn State Nittany Lions

Penn State is a tough team to do a concept for just because they are so classic and everyone likes them that way. I added about 3 or 4 new things to the uniforms. 1st is the helmet, It's plain and everyone seems to like it that way. I thought about putting the Nittany Lion logo on the helmets, but instead I put numbers on the helmet, why? Well because it still gives off a classic feel and it makes the helmets a little less boring. I was very skeptical about it though and I can take them off or put the logo on there instead. The Uniforms are basically the same, I added Names on the back, and since the numbers are on the helmet, I replaced the sleeve numbers with the Penn State logo. Now to the pants, I added a navy stripe to match the helmet, and I also added the logo on there. Hope you guys enjoy them.

Home and Away

PennStateUniforms-1.png

Penn State looks great. You're right about it being a classic. You can't do much to it because you'd ruin it otherwise, but what you did is really good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like this. You changed it up just the right amount...enough to make it different but not too much to make the Penn State fans mad. One thing though - I would make the sleeve logos a little smaller and have the lion face toward the front of the jersey on the left sleeve.

Archived