NCAA Football Concepts

bigmike

Hey guys, it's been forever since I have done any concepts, and although I look and read topics everyday I don't post that much anymore lol. Anyways, I love College Football and I have been a huge fan of NCAA football series like Scottysprings Top 25 Countdown from last year. So this year I decided I would do a Preseason Top 25 Countdown. I'm using ESPN's Preseason Poll. And I'll go from 25 to 1. So, hopefully you guys will enjoy it.

Teams 25-3 links aren't showing because I exceeded the Monthly Bandwidth on my 1st Photobucket account, all of teams will show up again on Monday, August 23rd

Teams Completed 25/25

#25 North Carolina Tarheels

#24 Stanford Cardinal

#23 Georgia Bulldogs

#22 Cincinnati Bearcats

#21 Florida State Seminoles

#20 Oregon State Beavers

#19 Penn State Nittany Lions

#18 Arkansas Razorbacks

#17 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

#16 Pittsburgh Panthers

#15 USC Trojans

#14 LSU Tigers

#13 Miami Hurricanes

#12 Oklahoma Sooners

#11 Wisconsin Badgers

#10 Oregon Ducks

#9 Nebraska Cornhuskers

#8 Iowa Hawkeyes

#7 Florida Gators

#6 TCU Horned Frogs

#5 Virginia Tech Hokies

#4 Texas Longhorns

#3 Boise State Broncos

#2 Ohio State Buckeyes

#1 Alabama Crimson Tide

Non-Top 25 Teams

Auburn Tigers

Troy Trojans

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#25 North Carolina Tar Heels

I'm don't like UNC too much especially since Duke is one of my favorite College teams, but I was really excited about this concept. I've was sort of stuck on what to do, but then I saw this post on the NCAA Uniform thread, and I love those North Carolina Uniforms. I think they look really nice and clean. So I decided to do the same striping style except I used the Pro Combat Template. And something you always see on UNC concepts is Argyle, and I tryed to do it in a way I haven't seen before (If I have I can't remember). So I sublimated the pattern in the middle stripe. That's pretty much all I have to say about it, Standford will be up next, enjoy.

Normal Home and Away

HomeandAwayPresentation.png

Alternate Home and Away

AlternateUniformsPresentation.png

I like the argyle touch as well, but I was hoping that with a beautiful design like that, it'd be more 'out there' and not so subtle. Maybe you could lose the middle stripe and make the pattern on the base of the jersey as the middle stripe, with small, thinner stripes on the top and bottom.

Just a thought; nice work.

Yeah I see what your saying, I could put the pattern on the base of the jersey instead, but I guess I'll wait for some more thoughts before I make an update. I have Stanford done and I may post them later tonight. I'm also working on Georgia and I'm really stuck on what to do for them so if anyone has suggestions I'd love to hear them.

I actually really like the sublimated argyle pattern on the jerseys. My only complaint is that it looks a little square compared to the longer and leaner version more typically used by the basketball team.

plmiddlesbrough.pngncaancarolina.pngligue1lyon-1.png

Could somebody please find Ja Rule so I can make sense of all this?!?! Help me Ja!!!

Yeah I see what your saying, I could put the pattern on the base of the jersey instead, but I guess I'll wait for some more thoughts before I make an update. I have Stanford done and I may post them later tonight. I'm also working on Georgia and I'm really stuck on what to do for them so if anyone has suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Gotta keep the silver britches but put either a black bone, black stripe with silver squares (as if a spike collar was going down the side), or something modern like Bosie State.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Yeah I kind of like the spike collar idea, I may just put it on the trim though. Also, sorry about the Argyle pattern not looking quite as perfect, I had to hand draw it in paint so its no the best haha. I'll go ahead and post Stanford since I have it done.

#24 Standford Cardinal

I love Standford's current uniforms, but they look almost identical to Alabama (which isn't a bad thing) but I decided to make some changes that would separate them from Alabama. I decided to make the collar and trim white on the home and vice versa on the away, similar to Penn State's uniforms. I also used the double stripe from the pants on the helmet. And then I added a double outline on the numbers to match the S logo.

UniformPresentation-1.png

Edit - Sleeve Numbers added.

I like the idea to do a new top 25 team each day, but you're barely making changes

sometimes big changes arent needed.

for stanford, id get rid of the outline, makes it look cheap. also get rid of the outline on the logo, and add numbers to the sleeves. finally a white or grey facemask would top it off. just my opinion, but great job regardless!

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Ha thanks for the comments guys, I decided against changing the outline on the numbers just because I think it looks good with the S, but if some more people object to it I may go back and change it. I did however add numbers to the sleeves as you suggested Harper. And sorry if the changes haven't been much (although UNC's current uniforms aren't like mine at all), the first 3 teams I'm doing didn't need much change in my opinion especially the next one Georgia. But later in the series you will see some more modern concepts and stuff thats a lot different like Oregon State who I already have done. I'm probably going to change Cincinnati a lot as well, so just hang in there and like Harper said Sometimes big changes aren't needed. Since Georgia was very easy to do I'll go ahead and post it. Also, I don't think I'm going to make any updates to UNC, I know the Argyle is subtle but I couldn't really get anything else to work, thanks for the suggestions though! I may go back and make the stripes thinner and make the blue pants standard with the away.

#23 Georgia Bulldogs

Gotta give alot of thanks to Blazer because his suggestion was golden. A year or maybe two years ago I did a SEC concept thread and my Georgia Concept was kind of a simpler version of Appalachian State's uniforms. But I didn't want to go that route again, I really like Georgia's current uniforms especially the Black jerseys so I didn't want to change it that much. One thing that's new with this concept is a tweaked Bulldog Logo. You can see it here, it's a tweak/update of this logo. But back to Blazer's suggestion, the spiked collar, it worked really well because I was able to mimick the spikes from the bulldog logo, I also added a new Black Helmet (different then there's from last year), and black pants with red/white/red striping on it. Another small tweak is the G logo is back over the stripes on the pants. Again, not a big change but you will see that coming in the next 2 or 3 concepts.

Home and Away

GeorgiaHomeAwayUniforms.png

Alternate Home and Away

GeorgiaAlternateUniforms.png

would never want to see it hit the field, but I love this Georgia concept as a concept.

My only issue is the outdated bulldog logo. I'd either use the one they have now, because its a classic and continues to adorn merchandise, or use the bulldog logo used on hats in the past few years (but that logo is impossible to find on the internet)

I like the idea to do a new top 25 team each day, but you're barely making changes

for stanford, id get rid of the outline, makes it look cheap. also get rid of the outline on the logo, and add numbers to the sleeves. finally a white or grey facemask would top it off. just my opinion, but great job regardless!

ya but then why waste your time making a concept if it basically the same jersey

ya but then why waste your time making a concept if it basically the same jersey

someone hasn't been here very long...

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Great. Ohio State is ranked number two. I doubt I'll hear much Buckeyes bashing over that. B)

On topic: They're all really good so far. That UNC concept is great. I'm not crazy about the all black look for Georgia but that's simply because I don't like any monochrome look. I may be in the minority but I like the number outline for Stanford. It's consistent with their helmet logo.

Good work.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived