hettinger_rl

Most Underused Animals in Logo Design

In the opinion on CCLC users; What animals would work best in logos but are underused? These shouldn't be animals that it would just be cool to see as logos, but ones that could actually work well. I'll get things going with Cape Buffalo, Pronghorn Antelope, and Caribou.

To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any crows other than Aussie football's Adelaide Crows. Crows are pretty smart birds, and I'm sure they could be aggressive if provoked. Let's have more crows.

I wouldn't mind seeing a kangaroo in sports. They're somewhat athletic, considering that they can hop. Probably would be best used for a basketball team.

Monkeys. Specifically el mono cariblanco.

A rhino and hippo. I saw a show the other day on Hippos and they are some mean SOB's. Don't let their portly look fool ya. I know when the Baltimore NFL expansion was on the table Baltimore Rhinos was one of the names on the short list. I would not have had a problem with that at all.

There aren't nearly enough elephants in pro sports. Seriously.

The whole hippo/rhino/elephant/mammoth/dinosaur area isn't covered well.

Grand Rapids Rampage have a rhino in their logo.

For dinosaurs/dino-type logos: Vermont Lake Monsters, Lowell Lock Monsters, Toronto Raptors, possibly Lake Erie Monsters, maybe Orlando Predators as well

Colorado Mammoth, might have been Indoor Lacrosse

Tufts University has the Jumbos, the mascot is an Elephant

For dinosaurs/dino-type logos: Vermont Lake Monsters, Lowell Lock Monsters, Toronto Raptors, possibly Lake Erie Monsters, maybe Orlando Predators as well

Don't forget the University of Calgary Dinos!

Calgary_Dinos.jpg

Three-toed sloth.

If someone named a basketball team the Runnin' Sloths, I would move to that city and buy season tickets.

To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any crows other than Aussie football's Adelaide Crows. Crows are pretty smart birds, and I'm sure they could be aggressive if provoked. Let's have more crows.

Great call on the "Crows"

I also feel like "Sparrows" would work well for a baseball team (esp. if Cleveland Indians ever needs to disappear). "Robins" might also be ok, but may be restricted to female sports teams (uh oh, didn't do the research, here come the angry replies)

A raven is a crow - Baltimore Ravens