Most Underused Animals in Logo Design

hettinger_rl

In the opinion on CCLC users; What animals would work best in logos but are underused? These shouldn't be animals that it would just be cool to see as logos, but ones that could actually work well. I'll get things going with Cape Buffalo, Pronghorn Antelope, and Caribou.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any crows other than Aussie football's Adelaide Crows. Crows are pretty smart birds, and I'm sure they could be aggressive if provoked. Let's have more crows.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A rhino and hippo. I saw a show the other day on Hippos and they are some mean SOB's. Don't let their portly look fool ya. I know when the Baltimore NFL expansion was on the table Baltimore Rhinos was one of the names on the short list. I would not have had a problem with that at all.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Grand Rapids Rampage have a rhino in their logo.

For dinosaurs/dino-type logos: Vermont Lake Monsters, Lowell Lock Monsters, Toronto Raptors, possibly Lake Erie Monsters, maybe Orlando Predators as well

Colorado Mammoth, might have been Indoor Lacrosse

Tufts University has the Jumbos, the mascot is an Elephant

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Three-toed sloth.

If someone named a basketball team the Runnin' Sloths, I would move to that city and buy season tickets.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any crows other than Aussie football's Adelaide Crows. Crows are pretty smart birds, and I'm sure they could be aggressive if provoked. Let's have more crows.

Great call on the "Crows"

I also feel like "Sparrows" would work well for a baseball team (esp. if Cleveland Indians ever needs to disappear). "Robins" might also be ok, but may be restricted to female sports teams (uh oh, didn't do the research, here come the angry replies)

A raven is a crow - Baltimore Ravens

Archived