2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious of how Wisconsin would jump Stanford if Standford is #4 to Wisconsin's #5? Wouldn't Stanford go #2.

I believe that the voters would not put Stanford in over Oregon if they can help it, given Oregon beat Stanford.

Than again, I don't really think it matters. But if Oregon loses, I don't think it would be up to the votes, for all we know the computer polls may put the Trees to #2. For all we know it could even be TCU at #2. Just remember Nebraska a few years back. Didn't even win their conference but yet still in the NCG

TCU will find themselves in the National Championship if both Oregon and Auburn lose. Really all they need is one team (Oregon or Auburn) to lose and then I still think the Frogs would play in Glendale for the Title.

All I want is complete BCS chaos.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

TCU will find themselves in the National Championship if both Oregon and Auburn lose. Really all they need is one team (Oregon or Auburn) to lose and then I still think the Frogs would play in Glendale of the Title.

All I want is complete BCS chaos.

If this were to happen, Dim Lights would absolutely freak out.

Also, how can you explain that TCU, who is ranked at Number 2, would get passed over by two teams who are at Number 4 and Number 5?

If Auburn and/or Oregon loses, TCU is getting in the title game weather you like it or not, SEC Fanboymorris.

By jumping ship to a BCS conference, TCU will surely go from a 10+ win program, to 7 wins a year, at best. So having Oregon or Auburn lose next week will probably be their best shot at ever winning it all.

Seeing this go down, Boise State fans (Lights Out) should be glad they're headed for the Mountain West, where they can still play cupcakes, win a dozen games games, and bitch about how they missed a BCS bowl game year in and year out.

6uXNWAo.png

If this were to happen, Dim Lights would absolutely freak out.

No, I'd actually be really happy for TCU, as they've also earned their shot at a title, IMO.

Seeing this go down, Boise State fans (Lights Out) should be glad they're headed for the Mountain West, where they can still play cupcakes, win a dozen games games, and bitch about how they missed a BCS bowl game year in and year out.

Actually, with TCU moving, Boise has basically zero competition for the non-AQ tie-ins, so they've pretty much got a BCS bowl spot guaranteed every year now. So no, you won't be hearing Boise fans bitching about missing a BCS bowl game anytime soon.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Also, how can you explain that TCU, who is ranked at Number 2, would get passed over by two teams who are at Number 4 and Number 5?

If Auburn and/or Oregon loses, TCU is getting in the title game weather you like it or not, SEC Fanboymorris.

You know, a lot of the talking heads on ESPN tend to agree with me, in that they think the voters might rethink their status compared to Stanford and Wisconsin should there be an opening.

LvZYtbZ.png

By jumping ship to a BCS conference, TCU will surely go from a 10+ win program, to 7 wins a year, at best. So having Oregon or Auburn lose next week will probably be their best shot at ever winning it all.

Um, no. What big-time programs are in the Big East? West Virginia? Pitt? UConn? TCU will beat up on them. The Big East is on par with the Mountain West before the departure of TCU, Utah, and BYU. The Big East is just a bunch of second-tiered programs. This is not the 80's and early 90's. This is 2010 and the Big Least. The Big East went after TCU because they have no name football schools who can play on the big stage. They went after TCU because they were desperate to make a name for themselves.

What this really means is Boise State's move, means nothing. The Wyomings, the Colorado States, the New Mexicos, the UNLVS, in football aren't impressing anyone. Boise State took a calculated risk that has now completely backfired on them. The competition level in the Mountain West now, is no better than the competition level in WAC, especially when it just lost it's three named programs. I'm kind of chuckling at this.

You know, a lot of the talking heads on ESPN tend to agree with me, in that they think the voters might rethink their status compared to Stanford and Wisconsin should there be an opening.

I know I'm stealing infrared's schtick, but this needs to be said:

You're an idiot. Stop posting.

How exactly would the undefeated #3 team in the country get jumped by two one-loss teams at #4 and #5 when none of them are playing a game this week? It wouldn't happen.

Damn you make my head hurt.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'm taking a second crack at this. But since my alma mater is going to Tucson to play that wretchful team down there. I think it's appropriate to tell the Wildcats, how bad they will lose this weekend. Go Devils, fork em, and fork em bad

Move on from just bashing willmorristrollbot...ignore him instead. Add him to your ignored users list. Just do it! Think of the children! This public service announcement was brought to you by the Stop Feeding the Trolls Foundation.

Anyway...has anyone stopped to think that the Big Least champ won't even be an AQ when the ink is dry on the next tweaked BCS contract? :P

I'm not saying it's likely, but it's plausible.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I know I'm stealing infrared's schtick, but this needs to be said:

You're an idiot. Stop posting.

How exactly would the undefeated #3 team in the country get jumped by two one-loss teams at #4 and #5 when none of them are playing a game this week? It wouldn't happen.

Damn you make my head hurt.

It's all about perception. I'm not saying that TCU *should* be jumped by a Wisconsin or a Stanford, just that it *might* happen. After all, when we have a team dropped from #2 to #3 because voters decided one year that Michigan didn't really deserve to be in the title game, you can't discount the voters doing anything.

LvZYtbZ.png

Would a Miami-less Big East ever have been granted AQ status? Syracuse was the first-ever Big East BCS team, but everyone knew that Miami was the jewel of the conference. They (and, really the ACC) have dropped off a cliff since leaving the Big East, so it's all different now.

Just saying, maybe the next BCS contract should be limited to SEC, Big 12, Big Ten and Pac 12. Everyone else is clearly a step (or two) behind.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm taking a second crack at this. But since my alma mater is going to Tucson to play that wretchful team down there. I think it's appropriate to tell the Wildcats, how bad they will lose this weekend. Go Devils, fork em, and fork em bad

x2

If I had the extra money to throw about, I'd take the school organized trip down to Tucson and represent, but alas, I'm broke.

Osweiler looked fantastic against UCLA, and wasn't the interception throwing JUGGS machine that Threet has been this season. Despite their record and the fact that their bowl waiver wasn't accepted, ASU still has plenty of motivation to take out the Wildcats, and I think they are definitely capable of it.

This is the season right here and hell, maybe Dennis Erickson's career at ASU (Why don't you add a couple more screen passes to the playbook for this one, Coach. They won't see it coming. <_< ) They've got to throw it all out there, and take down U of A.

BOW DOWN ARIZONA!

FORK 'EM DEVILS!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

x2

If I had the extra money to throw about, I'd take the school organized trip down to Tucson and represent, but alas, I'm broke.

Osweiler looked fantastic against UCLA, and wasn't the interception throwing JUGGS machine that Threet has been this season. Despite their record and the fact that their bowl waiver wasn't accepted, ASU still has plenty of motivation to take out the Wildcats, and I think they are definitely capable of it.

This is the season right here and hell, maybe Dennis Erickson's career at ASU (Why don't you add a couple more screen passes to the playbook, Coach. glare.gif ) They've got to throw it all out there, and take down U of A.

BOW DOWN ARIZONA!

FORK 'EM DEVILS!

I honestly can't see Erickson surviving past this season even with a Wildcat victory. But what I saw out of Osweiler on Friday when I was at Sun Devil Stadium was nothing more than amazing. I think he will have an amazing future with the Sun Devils and Threet will be gone by next year. I think if not for the losses that came so close we'd be singing a different tune, but the matter is, they just do not know how to close out games. But this weekend the Mildcats are going down and at least the season should be salvaged.

BOW DOWN ARIZONA!

FORK 'EM DEVILS!

Would a Miami-less Big East ever have been granted AQ status? Syracuse was the first-ever Big East BCS team, but everyone knew that Miami was the jewel of the conference. They (and, really the ACC) have dropped off a cliff since leaving the Big East, so it's all different now.

Just saying, maybe the next BCS contract should be limited to SEC, Big 12, Big Ten and Pac 12. Everyone else is clearly a step (or two) behind.

The next BCS contract should go solely on BCS rankings. If the bowl tie-ins still work so be it. Otherwise, let's put the deserving teams in BCS bowls without regard to "AQs." It's the only fair way to do it.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

x2

This is the season right here and hell, maybe Dennis Erickson's career at ASU (Why don't you add a couple more screen passes to the playbook for this one, Coach. They won't see it coming. <_< ) They've got to throw it all out there, and take down U of A.

BOW DOWN ARIZONA!

FORK 'EM DEVILS!

Be careful, because looking good against a Rick Neuheisel led team, is like looking good against a very bad high school team. It doesn't matter. I firmly expect to see Neuheisel and Dan Gurerro fired this year.

I'm going to wait until after Nick Foles makes the Scum Devils' defense his bitch again before I start with the real trash talking.

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA

BEAR DOWN RED AND BLUE!

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA

KICK THE :censored: OUT OF ASU!

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA

BEAR DOWN RED AND BLUE!

GO GO WILDCATS GO!

ARIZONA BEAR DOWN!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm going to wait until after Nick Foles makes the Scum Devils' defense his bitch again before I start with the real trash talking.

and yet it will just be nothing more than false promises coming from a Mildcat and his hopes and dreams crashing when Foles is sacked by Burfict 4 or 5 times

Archived