2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OT in Washington. Schaub (my fantasy QB) is putting on a show, with 425 yards, 3 TDs, and a pick.

WE DON'T CARE!!!

^_^

My fantasy team was an afterthought in that post. But seriously, crazy game, and Schaub is awesome

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

If I was the Skins kicker I think I would go over to Kubiak and beat the :censored: outta him with my helmet after that sequence.

Someday (if it hasn't happened already) some idiot coach is going to pull that stunt and the kicker will miss the FG that ends up not counting and making the next one.

Schaub hits Dreesen deep in Redskins territory. Looks like Curty won't have to endure a tie. :D (I'm with you on that by the way. The NFL needs to rework OT and eliminate any possibility of a tie. )

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

If I was the Skins kicker I think I would go over to Kubiak and beat the :censored: outta him with my helmet after that sequence.

Someday (if it hasn't happened already) some idiot coach is going to pull that stunt and the kicker will miss the FG that ends up not counting and making the next one.

Schaub hits Dreesen deep in Redskins territory. Looks like Curty won't have to endure a tie. :D (I'm with you on that by the way. The NFL needs to rework OT and eliminate any possibility of a tie. )

Already happened to Shanahan, the man who pretty much started that trend, when he was with the Broncos. Also, I think I remember seeing in a college game this year. Pitt vs. Utah, I think. the kicker nailed it, but a timeout was called. Then the kicker missed it, but a timeout was called. Then the kicker nailed it to tie the game.

IUe6Hvh.png

Meanwhile... The Seahawks crap the bed again in Denver yet again. Nothing new for them since Denver and Kansas City were the two place the 'Hawks could never win at in the old days.

Now, the Chargers come in. Which will show up though: Will they see the team that ripped apart Jacksonville today or will the team that crapped out in the steady rain in Kansas City be there next week.

(I'm with you on that by the way. The NFL needs to rework OT and eliminate any possibility of a tie. )

The simplest solution would be to eliminate the game clock and just play until somebody scores if the NFL must keep sudden death.

The fairest solution would be to eliminate sudden death and play an 8-minute overtime period and rinse and repeat if the score is still tied at the end of the period.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

(I'm with you on that by the way. The NFL needs to rework OT and eliminate any possibility of a tie. )

The simplest solution would be to eliminate the game clock and just play until somebody scores if the NFL must keep sudden death.

The fairest solution would be to eliminate sudden death and play an 8-minute overtime period and rinse and repeat if the score is still tied at the end of the period.

The simplest and fairest solution would be to eliminate any overtime whatsoever. If two teams play for an entire football game and have the same score, why wouldn't we judge those teams as being equal on that day and give them a tie? Any way you do overtime, you're still forcing a team that played every bit as well as its opponents for 60 minutes to take a loss.

This is the way it works in most sports leagues outside the U.S., and it seems to work just fine.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

The simplest and fairest solution would be to eliminate any overtime whatsoever. If two teams play for an entire football game and have the same score, why wouldn't we judge those teams as being equal on that day and give them a tie? Any way you do overtime, you're still forcing a team that played every bit as well as its opponents for 60 minutes to take a loss.

This is the way it works in most sports leagues outside the U.S., and it seems to work just fine.

And that is why the U.S. is the best country. 1-1 draw in a soccer game, cool sport.

Now THESE are the Jets we all expected this year!

For being banged up, the Jets D is bringing it -- and the offense actually mixed in a few passing plays this time around.

Good win for the Jets, but I have a question for you. What's up with their play-by-play guy and his repeated hyperbole? I listened to Sirius on the way home from work and at one point he referenced the mon-u-MEN-tal game (it's Week 2 for God's sake). Another example was when they went to commercial as the refs reviewed a possible Jets interception, the guy says, "Just an unbeLIEVably important decision here. We'll be back after this." No, my friend, an unbeLIEVably important decision is whether that SWAT sniper can nail the nut holding a gun to a hostage's head without getting the hostage killed. Maybe my non-New York-market ears just aren't used to such drama in a mere football game. :wacko:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Houston Texans - 2010 AFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS!

Please stop. One Tank is enough on these boards.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That Cardinals loss was painful. It's going to be a long season...

Meanwhile... The Seahawks crap the bed again in Denver yet again. Nothing new for them since Denver and Kansas City were the two place the 'Hawks could never win at in the old days.

Now, the Chargers come in. Which will show up though: Will they see the team that ripped apart Jacksonville today or will the team that crapped out in the steady rain in Kansas City be there next week.

I am really starting to think that the NFC West collectively is far worse than anyone could have imagined going into the season. I'm definitely in the "7-9 or 6-10 could win the division" camp.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Because unlike Europeans, our paying customers demand a result that is different than both teams walking away with the general effect of never having played in the first place.

Today, we are all otaku.

Now THESE are the Jets we all expected this year!

For being banged up, the Jets D is bringing it -- and the offense actually mixed in a few passing plays this time around.

Good win for the Jets, but I have a question for you. What's up with their play-by-play guy and his repeated hyperbole? I listened to Sirius on the way home from work and at one point he referenced the mon-u-MEN-tal game (it's Week 2 for God's sake). Another example was when they went to commercial as the refs reviewed a possible Jets interception, the guy says, "Just an unbeLIEVably important decision here. We'll be back after this." No, my friend, an unbeLIEVably important decision is whether that SWAT sniper can nail the nut holding a gun to a hostage's head without getting the hostage killed. Maybe my non-New York-market ears just aren't used to such drama in a mere football game. :wacko:

Sounds like someone's been stealing from Jim Rome...or Frank Caliendo's impression of Jim Rome.

Good win for the Jets, but I have a question for you. What's up with their play-by-play guy and his repeated hyperbole? I listened to Sirius on the way home from work and at one point he referenced the mon-u-MEN-tal game (it's Week 2 for God's sake). Another example was when they went to commercial as the refs reviewed a possible Jets interception, the guy says, "Just an unbeLIEVably important decision here. We'll be back after this." No, my friend, an unbeLIEVably important decision is whether that SWAT sniper can nail the nut holding a gun to a hostage's head without getting the hostage killed. Maybe my non-New York-market ears just aren't used to such drama in a mere football game. wacko.gif

I think the Jets have Ian Eagle doing their radio pbp, who is of the Marv Albert school of emphasis.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived