2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

It sounds to me like Favre might be one of those guys who's tough as nails in most respects but gets lightheaded at the sight of blood. My brother's the same way -- can rebuild a V-8 with his eyes closed but if he gashes his finger in the process it's night-night time.

And I'm with Punch9 -- Childress' inability to grasp simple game management concepts continues to kill the Vikes.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Halfway through the 2010 regular season, here is my take on which head coaches are most under threat right now. Obviously Wade Phillips, bar a miracle, the Cowboys will be in the market for a coach in January (if not sooner). Josh McDaniels, the Broncos really are in reverse right now. McDaniels job isn't unsaveable, but only a few signs that the Broncos can do enough to save it for him? Brad Childress, the wheels do seem close to coming off the wagon for the Vikings. And Randy Moss and Brett Favre, at least, don't seem inclined to try help fix the wagon. Jack Del Rio, just because he's been at the Kags a while now without a heap of success. Jax are consistently placed in the mid rank teams, but have yet to make that big breakthrough.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

And I, Seadragon76, would like to say that the Lambs beat a freaking 1 win Carolina team! That's like beating Indiana, man.

Oh, and BigMac: Notice how she's dressed like a Lamb? I think of her as rams' personal mascot.

Perhaps, but your team got blown out by Oakland and a wins a win.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Halfway through the 2010 regular season, here is my take on which head coaches are most under threat right now. Obviously Wade Phillips, bar a miracle, the Cowboys will be in the market for a coach in January (if not sooner). Josh McDaniels, the Broncos really are in reverse right now. McDaniels job isn't unsaveable, but only a few signs that the Broncos can do enough to save it for him? Brad Childress, the wheels do seem close to coming off the wagon for the Vikings. And Randy Moss and Brett Favre, at least, don't seem inclined to try help fix the wagon. Jack Del Rio, just because he's been at the Kags a while now without a heap of success. Jax are consistently placed in the mid rank teams, but have yet to make that big breakthrough.

ESPN brought up a good point concerning McDaniels' job security. The Broncos are still paying off Mike Shanahan's contract and McDaniels still has a few years left on his. There's no way the Broncos are going to paying three head coaching salaries.

ESPN brought up a good point concerning McDaniels' job security. The Broncos are still paying off Mike Shanahan's contract and McDaniels still has a few years left on his. There's no way the Broncos are going to paying three head coaching salaries.

Sadly for Denver fans, Josh McDaniels will be given at least two more years to run the Broncos into the ground. It will all come down to the status of Tim Tebow. By 2012, if Tebow is losing games and pans out to be the bust that we all think he will be, then, and only then, will McDaniels get fired. I think he should go right now, but Bowlen has shown himself to be a loyal to his head coaches over the years, and I think because of that, McDaniels will have a longer leash.

6uXNWAo.png

i don't think the pats will lose another game in the season, i got a bad feeling.

We can only hope you're Nostradamus.

If the defense continues to improve....good things lie ahead.

Best record in football after 8 weeks?

Wouldn't have thunk it.

Yesterday had that feeling of the glory days of old.

We'll see.

Still got Indy and @Pitt on the horizon, as well as Jets and Dolphin rematches.

sig-1.png

Do the Broncos really have to continue to pay Shanahan's contract even though he has another head coaching position? That's crazy! I'd agree with Tank though (wow that sentence even looks crazy) if the Broncos don't improve, it's hard to see how Denver can stick with McDaniels??

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

After being a non-factor on the field, kissing up to his old team, and ripping into his current one, the Vikings have send Randy Moss packing.

He got what he deserved. What a tool.

How long is it before he resigns with New England?

OR

Who actually signs him? I would say Cowboys at this point

After being a non-factor on the field, kissing up to his old team, and ripping into his current one, the Vikings have send Randy Moss packing.

He got what he deserved. What a tool.

How long is it before he resigns with New England?

OR

Who actually signs him? I would say Cowboys at this point

Cincinnati. :rolleyes:

6uXNWAo.png

Alright, which one of you said "New England are fools for letting Randy Moss go?"

They sure are fools. 6-1, and the guy they traded got waived by the team that got him. New England fleeces yet another franchise.

St. Louis needs a wideout rather desperately.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Randy Moss isn't going back to the Patriots. They've already replaced him with Branch, and they're unbeaten since he left. Plus, there's a reason they got rid of him to begin with....

And since Moss is making the reunion rounds, why not another stay with the Raiders? They're definitely in the AFC West hunt and could probably use his services.

6uXNWAo.png

St. Louis needs a wideout rather desperately.

Another intriguing destination would be Detroit. Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, and Nate Burleson together would be a ridiculous three-headed monster that would certainly put fear into opposing defenses. The Lions might actually claw their way to .500 if they get Moss and he behaves himself.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Since Moss is making the reunion rounds, why not another stay with the Raiders? They're definitely in the AFC West hunt and could probably use his services.

I was thinking this, but at the sam time is Al Davis that senile?

Archived