Dillion To Pats

bosox

Bengals.com - Corey Dillion Traded to Patriots

Marvin Lewis and Corey Dillon had their wishes granted Monday when the Bengals traded their disenchanted running back to the Super Bowl champion Patriots for a second-round draft pick.

Lewis not only received the club?s fifth choice out of the 96 on the first day of Saturday?s NFL Draft in exchange for Dillon, but he also rid himself of a player that never endeared himself to the Bengals? new regime and never missed a chance to lobby himself out of town.

They pretty much gave him away to a team that already had two 2nd round picks, so its not like they really lost anything.....

As a Pats fan, I don't like this trade.

Dillon sounds like the kind of guy who should be playing basketball.

"ME ME ME ME ME"

If anything the Patriots have shown that they are all about TEAM, not individuals.

Dillon is an individual, and therefore doesn't seem to be Belichick's type of player.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

As a Patriots fan, this is awesome news.

Dillon is an outstanding runner who fills a huge need for the team. They knew they weren't going to be able to draft any of the good RBs without giving up too many good draft picks. So they get Dillon for one 2nd round pick.

I don't know how they do it, but the Patriots keep all necessary draft picks and improve a team that just won the Championship. Unbelievable.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Dillon was a very good running back for Cincy. I think he'll be a great back for the Pats. He seems like a guy who will pipe down once he starts winning. The Bengals get an extra pick, and New England gets the back that they needed.

(Maybe the "B" logo pushed Dillon over the edge :P)

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

This was a BAD move for the Pats...

Dillon had a bad hammy last year, combined with his age (30) & his inflated ego, makes me think that this trade was better off for the Bengals. Rmered is right, Dillon is not the type of player that Belichick will be successful with. The Pats are now forced to make him the starter... but you know he'll be plagued with injuries all year, just like last year with Cincy. See last year they had a rusher at least... this year, they won't.

The Bengals freed up some room in the salary cap, got rid of unnecessary dead weight, and got a much more useful, youthful player that they can put to a bigger need.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Given the fact that the Pats still have a second round pick, this doesn't seem to be a very big gamble. If things don't work out chemistry wise, there are at least a half dozen teams that would deal for him during the season. And if things do work out, then he'll be a complement to a team that's already great. If he gets hurt again and totally washes out, there was still relatively little invested in the move. I for one am just happy to see an NFL champion that can hold together the nucleus of its Super Bowl team and still work to improve what's already there.

they finally have a running game...i dunno, having two average/washed up backs worked pretty well last season. imagine em with someone who can actually carry it 30 times.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

This is a no-brainer for the Pats. There is no risk whatsoever. They didn't get a huge contribution from the run game last year, so whatever Dillon adds to the team is gravy. If Dillon divas out, they just reconfigure a bit and do what they did for most of last year.

If they can straighten Ty Law out...it's gonna be a long year for the rest of the AFC... :mad:

I LOVE this trade. I think it works out well for both teams. Cinci is doing a great job of rebuilding and this helps them out and drops a headache player. As vocal as Dillon is, I think he has what he wants, that should shut him up.

As for the Pats, it makes perfect sense. They still have their original pick in the second. I think this gives them the opportunity to take a guy like Julius Jones or Tatum Bell in either te third or forth and get those guys behind Dillon and develope them into a suitable backup and eventually break out (i.e. Rhodes and Mungor in Indi, Griffin in Denver).

this isn't THAT good for em'. Yeah, they have a proven NFL RB... but they could run the ball last year. They don't need a running game cuz' thier passing game works like one. Oh well, they won't make the playoffs anyway given the recent trends.

IUe6Hvh.png

this isn't THAT good for em'. Yeah, they have a proven NFL RB... but they could run the ball last year. They don't need a running game cuz' thier passing game works like one. Oh well, they won't make the playoffs anyway given the recent trends.

Guy, you must really hate the Pats.

They didn't get a huge contribution from the run game last year, so whatever Dillon adds to the team is gravy. If Dillon divas out, they just reconfigure a bit and do what they did for most of last year.

This makes the most sence of all.

As a football fan, I like to see a very good team add a remarkable talent. This shoudl be fun to watch.

We will see if the past Pats RBs sucked, or if it was actually the O-line who couldn't run block.

We will also see if Dillion could really "run for 4,000 yards, on a decent team" I thought the 'Gals were decent a number of years, but you still heard this statement. So, lets see!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

this isn't THAT good for em'.  Yeah, they have a proven NFL RB... but they could run the ball last year.  They don't need a running game cuz' thier passing game works like one.  Oh well, they won't make the playoffs anyway given the recent trends.

Guy, you must really hate the Pats.

i don't like the Patriots but there's teams I dislike more than them.

keywords: "given the recent trend"

The last 4 super bowl teams have failed to make the playoffs the next year/

IUe6Hvh.png

keywords: "given the recent trend"

The last 4 super bowl teams have failed to make the playoffs the next year/

EDIT - I thought you said "Super Bowl Champs." You are correct, sir.

Archived