Virginia Tech

rockngoalie1

Interesting. I want to see the whole set though. I don't hate it, but it's amusing how the tech explosion era is just far enough back that we can acknowledge it now. First the "drift" style of stuff (pixellated or loading images on dial-up, anyone?) and now motherboards and Matrix graphics showing up in our "high tech" but sometimes psuedo-throwback styles.

Also, the close-parenthesis (I assume) in the top of the 3 stopped me for a moment, bc I thought it was a serifed one...and wondered if they had finally decided to acknowledge that the VT logo looks like "Square Root of One."

I will never be able to un-see that. Ever.

Did I bring it to your attention just then, or is that a general statement? I remember when I had that called to my attention my mind was blown too.

And I'm still not sure on these jerseys. Again...I don't think I hate them. I think the deciding factors include "how jarring is all-black VT" and "how hard are those numbers to actually read from afar?"

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Along the same lines, I think what's really at play here is this: There's some really interesting design going on here; some great ideas and executions, but I can't help but think that this is completely inappropriate for on-field use. This (like much of Pro-Combat) is a fashion jersey. The only reason it's being worn on the field is so that Nike can authenticate it as an on-field jersey and sell more of them. It belongs in the bookstore or (maybe) on the practice field and that's it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Am I the only one who thinks these are pretty cool for a one-off jersey?

I hope the grey around the numbers is silver and will be brighter in the stadium lights.

Now since it's been a day, It's grown on me. I think I'll buy it. :D

ChaBobcats-SquareSig.pngBlueJaysSquareSig.png

DashSquareSig.png

I'm with you guys I think this is very unique and fitting, I would love to own that jersey.

i will probably buy the ohio state one when it comes out for the public

For every turd there are at least two suckers who will pay cash for it.

So you're buying a Michigan jersey?

Archived