Virginia Tech

rockngoalie1

Interesting. I want to see the whole set though. I don't hate it, but it's amusing how the tech explosion era is just far enough back that we can acknowledge it now. First the "drift" style of stuff (pixellated or loading images on dial-up, anyone?) and now motherboards and Matrix graphics showing up in our "high tech" but sometimes psuedo-throwback styles.

Also, the close-parenthesis (I assume) in the top of the 3 stopped me for a moment, bc I thought it was a serifed one...and wondered if they had finally decided to acknowledge that the VT logo looks like "Square Root of One."

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Jagged logo, jagged number font, jagged pattern within the numbers, and then some weird rounded stripe. Something doesn't fit here...

One of the fundamental principles of design is 'contrast.' One element standing apart from the rest isn't always a bad thing. It could be a bad thing, of course, but you've gotta find a better reason for it not working. "Everything else is jagged, but the stripe is round.' doesn't necessarily cover all the bases. First thing I thought of: What better way to call attention to the stripe than to make it different in form from all the other elements?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Jagged logo, jagged number font, jagged pattern within the numbers, and then some weird rounded stripe. Something doesn't fit here...

One of the fundamental principles of design is 'contrast.' One element standing apart from the rest isn't always a bad thing. It could be a bad thing, of course, but you've gotta find a better reason for it not working. "Everything else is jagged, but the stripe is round.' doesn't necessarily cover all the bases. First thing I thought of: What better way to call attention to the stripe than to make it different in form from all the other elements?

Right, I know contrast is a good thing, but it is hard to judge this without the pants and helmet. If neither the pants nor helmet have anything that ties into that stripe, then I stand by my original opinion. Because there are so many elements that hold that sharp, angular look, the rounded stripe looks out of place. (I am not saying this is the case in all design, just my opinion on football uniforms specifically.) If there is at least one other place where it ties in, I will be fine with it.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Right, I know contrast is a good thing, but it is hard to judge this without the pants and helmet. If neither the pants nor helmet have anything that ties into that stripe, then I stand by my original opinion. Because there are so many elements that hold that sharp, angular look, the rounded stripe looks out of place. (I am not saying this is the case in all design, just my opinion on football uniforms specifically.) If there is at least one other place where it ties in, I will be fine with it.

It looks like a black helmet and pants. Will be worn against Boise: My link

153650925.jpg

It looks like a black helmet and pants. Will be worn against Boise: My link

153650925.jpg

Holy :censored:, that's real! Okay, I'm going to try not to be a uniform snob and see if I can enjoy this, especially considering that it will probably be a one-off like most of the other Pro Combat looks. I'm always a fan of all-black, but MAN, the numbers & striping are REALLY out there. That might even be an understatement.

Talk about a bit of a contradiction, though. VT decides to make the throwbacks from last year their primary uniform, then they roll this out. :lol:

153650925.jpg

I know everyone is saying the uniforms are black, but there hasn't been any confirmation of this. Is it possible that the uniforms actually consist of a really dark maroon and their normal maroon and just looks black because of poor picture quality?

Interesting. I want to see the whole set though. I don't hate it, but it's amusing how the tech explosion era is just far enough back that we can acknowledge it now. First the "drift" style of stuff (pixellated or loading images on dial-up, anyone?) and now motherboards and Matrix graphics showing up in our "high tech" but sometimes psuedo-throwback styles.

Also, the close-parenthesis (I assume) in the top of the 3 stopped me for a moment, bc I thought it was a serifed one...and wondered if they had finally decided to acknowledge that the VT logo looks like "Square Root of One."

I will never be able to un-see that. Ever.

153650925.jpg

I know everyone is saying the uniforms are black, but there hasn't been any confirmation of this. Is it possible that the uniforms actually consist of a really dark maroon and their normal maroon and just looks black because of poor picture quality?

Its black, look at the jersey on the original post, and there is maroon on the numbers and the collars. Seeing it on the player makes it look better to me, I may actually grow to like these, last year's were better though.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Archived