2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snore. What a boring deadline day. Unless there are some deals completed that haven't been announced yet, I am unimpressed.

Give it some time still. Some years, it blows up after the deadline.

6uXNWAo.png

Chris Higgins to VAN for a third-round pick in 2013 and prospect Evan Oberg

Modin to CAL

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Canucks get Max Lapierre.

For Joel Perreault and a 3rd round pick.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Freddy Modin eh!

I want to know what we gave up.

Sounds like a 7th rounder to Atlanta.

It's a good trade for you guys if he stays healthy. Big if though.

Exactly. Reunited with Jay Feaster, He's a UFA and it's just straight up depth and he has Playoff experience so It's not a bad time.

Health is a big problem, but the only way I hate this deal is if that 7th round pick turns into a top player one day. :P

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

ATL trades Drew McIntyre to MTL for Brett Festerling.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Oilers win that deal right now.

If LA wins the cup sure but Teubert and two high picks for an underachieving Dustin Penner, Wow Steve Tambellini.

You think that was a good deal for Penner? I'm not expecting much out of Penner, but two picks and an underachieving minor league defenseman in Teubert? Really? That bascially is not going to help the Oilers at all. If you wanted a good defenseman then Voynov or Hickey, but you just got a #3 at best defensman. So two draft picks and a slow-plodding defenseman in a fast-paced game. Uh huh. I have no problems whatsoever with the move because there was absolutely nothing given up to get a guy who's got 20 goals.

I like the Caps trade deadline acquisitions as they added two veterans who fill positions in which the fans were clamoring for, a second-line center and a puck-moving defenseman, without giving up much. However, I don't think that this Caps team is built to win the Cup this season, but it would be a nice surprise if they do!

Snore. What a boring deadline day. Unless there are some deals completed that haven't been announced yet, I am unimpressed.

Yeah, it was a bit anti-climatic. However, it was nice to see the Leafs dump salary and aquire picks over the last week or so.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I'm ecstatic for Arnott and Wideman. They both fill needs, didnt cost much. I'm much more confident about this team going forward. Losing Mike Green for a couple weeks hurts a little less with the Wideman acquisition.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The trade deadline in all sports had become more media hype than reality. If you look at the NHL trade deadline over the past 10 years, it's not really about moving impact players, rather teams just fine tuning. Part of the issue is the salary cap, and teams just can't move a player with a large contract that easily. The other issue is that the West is ridiculously tight, so with the exception of Colorado and Edmonton, no one is out of the playoff race.

Yeah, it was a bit anti-climatic. However, it was nice to see the Leafs dump salary and aquire picks over the last week or so.

I don't think we can really complain about the deadline being boring, it should have been expected with all the major trades happening in the last two weeks prior to the deadline.

Also, I'm baffled why Phillips would want to resign in Ottawa, that team is going to be brutal for a while.

I like the Canucks additions, a fourth line of Glass, Lapierre and Higgins adds some good depth.

Archived