2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

Leafs fans will eventually need to find a new excuse for wanting Brian Burke dead after the Leafs go 82-0 in any of the upcoming seasons....

...after they move to the ECHL, you mean?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm a Blue Jackets fan, I'm pissed about that absolutely horrible call today. Utter BS. The puck was clearly in, the side net bulges, its in! 9 minutes later and Toronto decides that they cant see the puck so its not there. Ridiculous. Only in the goddamned NHL.

Eh, I could never see the puck on its way in. I mean, the entire world knew it was in, any Preds fan should tell you that, but it wasn't "conclusive." The lack of a good camera angle screwed the Jackets.

Although, no harm came out of the no goal, as right off of the following faceoff, Nashville commits a penalty (which wouldn't have happened had the goal been allowed), and then scored on the subsequent power play.

Although Arniel, why the hell would you start Garon in the biggest game of your NHL coaching career so far? He cost the Jackets the game there at the end, and something tells me Mason could have stopped one of the other goals too. Rest Mason against Vancouver on Tuesday if you want to give him rest, and resign to the fact that you're probably not winning it. But you don't start your backup over your starter who's been playing great in the BIGGEST :censored:ING GAME OF THE SEASON SO FAR. I can easily see a 1-4-0 roadtrip here and no more playoff contention for this team.

Oh, and with the loss, the CBJ have now lost 16 straight in Nashville, the longest such streak in the NHL. In that span, the Blue Jackets have had 5 different head coaches, and Nashville's arena has had 4 different names.

:censored: Nashville.

6fQjS3M.png

If I'm a Blue Jackets fan, I'm pissed about that absolutely horrible call today. Utter BS. The puck was clearly in, the side net bulges, its in! 9 minutes later and Toronto decides that they cant see the puck so its not there. Ridiculous. Only in the goddamned NHL.

Eh, I could never see the puck on its way in. I mean, the entire world knew it was in, any Preds fan should tell you that, but it wasn't "conclusive." The lack of a good camera angle screwed the Jackets.

Although, no harm came out of the no goal, as right off of the following faceoff, Nashville commits a penalty (which wouldn't have happened had the goal been allowed), and then scored on the subsequent power play.

Although Arniel, why the hell would you start Garon in the biggest game of your NHL coaching career so far? He cost the Jackets the game there at the end, and something tells me Mason could have stopped one of the other goals too. Rest Mason against Vancouver on Tuesday if you want to give him rest, and resign to the fact that you're probably not winning it. But you don't start your backup over your starter who's been playing great in the BIGGEST :censored:ING GAME OF THE SEASON SO FAR. I can easily see a 1-4-0 roadtrip here and no more playoff contention for this team.

Oh, and with the loss, the CBJ have now lost 16 straight in Nashville, the longest such streak in the NHL. In that span, the Blue Jackets have had 5 different head coaches, and Nashville's arena has had 4 different names.

Wait! Let me get this straight, you're complaining about Garon now? Who was it who was winning all those games when the other guy, whatever his name is, couldn't stop a beach ball? That's right Garon!!! On his best day Steve Mason isn't as good as Garon. He had one good year, and should not have been the rookie of the year. And now he goes on a streak when the team is so far out of the playoffs and no opponent looks at Columbus as a team worth giving their full effort against? Mmmm hmmm. Yeah. You've been fooled once by this guy, dump him as fast as you can and stop taking the Steve Mason acid.

Wait! Let me get this straight, you're complaining about Garon now? Who was it who was winning all those games when the other guy, whatever his name is, couldn't stop a beach ball? That's right Garon!!! On his best day Steve Mason isn't as good as Garon. He had one good year, and should not have been the rookie of the year. And now he goes on a streak when the team is so far out of the playoffs and no opponent looks at Columbus as a team worth giving their full effort against? Mmmm hmmm. Yeah. You've been fooled once by this guy, dump him as fast as you can and stop taking the Steve Mason acid.

Have you even been paying attention to what's been going on in Columbus? Sure, Mase sucked at the start of the year and Garon was standing on his head, but now it's the other way around. Right now, the stats don't lie. Mason's started 9 games essentially since the break. He's won 7 of those starts with a 2.20 GAA. He's the hot hand right now. Garon isn't. He had a nice start to the year, but since then, he's played like a backup goalie.

And "when the team is so far out of the playoffs an no opponent looks at Columbus as a team worth giving their full effort against"? Really? The team that going into today, was the hottest team in the NHL (8-1-1 in their Last 10) and with a win today they would've been a mere ONE POINT out of the playoffs? A team that's never fallen more than 8 points out of 8th all season long? A team that started 14-6 and was playing for first place in the conference at Thanksgiving? A team that to start this resurgence took 3 points in a home-and-home with Detroit? On his best day Mason isn't as good as Garon? Since February 4th, Mason's lost one game, and has recorded a pair of shutouts, and gave up a mere goal in another 2 of those games. Maybe if you had watched the weak attempt Garon made on the rebound he gave up to let Nashville win the game, you'd maybe agree with me. Or if you've watched Mason at all recently. He's really reinvented himself recently, and that's really helped the Jackets get back into the race. Don't tell me what I should think of my team, the team I watch every game for, when you've probably watched one Blue Jackets game since that loss in Los Angeles in early January, being the Kings' game against them a week and a half ago. You're an idiot.

Not to mention that Mase had a shutout against this very same Nashville team just Tuesday night.

6fQjS3M.png

So when Brad Boyes can only fetch a 2nd Round Pick something isn't right.

I was hoping Toronto would get him. For a second, they easily could have swung that.

DISCLAIMER: Though I don't believe that Toronto has a 2nd rounder in this year's draft. Not sure, though.

(Are we going to make a separate thread for the deadline or just post trades in here?)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

At the time I was furious because it was so obviously a goal. They waved it off because of some whistle, but the whistle came from the official who was on the other side of the goal blocked by Rinne. Everyone there knew it was a goal and the guy on the phone knew it was a goal, but it got even worse when it took them 8 minutes to decide get it wrong twice. The War Room hates the Blue Jackets.

I'm not mad at that anymore because the team came back from it with a goal (on a PP makeup call). I'm more mad at my own team for giving up 3 third period goals after holding a 1-0 lead going in and at Garon for allowing a needlessly juicy rebound that resulted in their third goal. I'm pissed at them for letting a HUGE 4 point game slide out from underneath them. It's not over, but it got more difficult today.

I'm mad at the Jackets. I'm mad at Garon. I'm mad at the points system because it allowed the Jackets to go 8-1-1 without gaining a spot and one loss has dropped them 4 points out.

You're an idiot and outside of Tank, the most consistently wrong person on the boards. Mason is hot, there was no reason not to play him today. The Blue Jackets were also hot (8-1-1 in their last 10 and they weren't so far out of the playoffs. It's not like teams have been throwing their backups at the CBJ. Your point that teams haven't been giving their all is unfounded). They'll continue to be hot because they actually played well today and this is a resilient bunch. I'm not worried yet, but I've watched every game of theirs this season, I guarantee you haven't. You have zero idea what you're talking about.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So did St Louis just mail it in after tonights loss.

Brad Boyes to Buffalo

For a second round pick.... WOW!

Weird trade. Can't believe that is the best the Blues could get. This could kill the market tomorrow as teams like the Oilers are looking to trade Hemsky and Penner, and they will more than a second for them.

Justin Williams has resigned. He's off the market.

Mark Stuart has also resigned in Atlanta.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

FLA trades Dvorak and a 5th to ATL for Bergfors and Rissmiller.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'd like to think Florida wins that deal as Bergfors still has lots to grow.

Agreed. Dvorak should be able to contribute on the PK, but that's about it. I wasn't a fan of Bergfors, but I thought the Thrashers could get more for Bergfors. Oh well.

Archived