2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

I think they should do 2 each year. Both on New Year's Day. One in the States and one in Canada. One at 1 pm and 1 at 6 pm. Call it Hockey Day in North America, or something.

Boom. Done.

Yeah but that is a lot of competition against the College Bowls.

Maybe do one on New Year's Eve.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leafs beat the Islanders 2-1.

Now go Rangers! Beat the 'Canes!

They did in a shootout.

Leafs are 6pts out.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

For the first time in the franchise's 20 year exsistence, the Sharks win two regular season games at Joe Louis Arena

octopussushi.png

Randy: As much as you want to take my octopus sushi Drew, keep your hands off my wasabi.

Drew: I never win the one on one battles against your sushi, Randy. BTW, your wife is hot

Devils beat the Stars 1-0. The Stars could be in the midst of completing one of the bigger choke-jobs in NHL history. These guys were in third not long ago.

Leafs beat the Islanders 2-1.

Now go Rangers! Beat the 'Canes!

They did in a shootout.

Leafs are 6pts out.

The Leafs could make the playoffs and Brian Burke might still decline the invitation. I was listening to an interview he did with NHL Live and he pretty much said he doesn't want to make the playoffs because they'll get destroyed in the first round as 8 seed. "That's not how you build a championship team." They probably would get beat against a Philadelphia in the first round, but with the recent history of 8 seeds winning their series (or going to game 7 of the GD finals in the 06 Oilers case) I think that's a tremendous loser attitude to take towards your team. I'd be pissed at those kinds of things if I were a Leafs fan.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I also understand what he's saying, but that doesn't mean you have to say it on a radio show and in press conferences. In my eyes, there's no difference between finishing 8th and finishing 10th in terms of what it does for building your team except that making the playoffs even as an 8 seed can energize the players and fanbase. Making the playoffs, even if you get swept, is never a bad thing.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I also understand what he's saying, but that doesn't mean you have to say it on a radio show and in press conferences. In my eyes, there's no difference between finishing 8th and finishing 10th in terms of what it does for building your team except that making the playoffs even as an 8 seed can energize the players and fanbase. Making the playoffs, even if you get swept, is never a bad thing.

The Leafs don't even own their draft pick so why does it matter how they finish. Making the playoffs will be valuable experience for the leafs and I do not see Burkies point.

Finally the Rangers show some heart last night with a comeback win late. I was beginning to think that every Rangers game ends with them losing by 1 after giving up an early goal in the 3rd. I'm gonna be honest, the Devils look pretty good right now though.

Finally the Rangers show some heart last night with a comeback win late. I was beginning to think that every Rangers game ends with them losing by 1 after giving up an early goal in the 3rd. I'm gonna be honest, the Devils look pretty good right now though.

You're a Ranger fan, too?

Wow just when I think you couldn't be any worse :P

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

The Leafs don't even own their draft pick so why does it matter how they finish. Making the playoffs will be valuable experience for the leafs and I do not see Burkies point.

Well he was saying he didn't want to go out and trade a young prospect at the deadline just so they could get swept in the first round. That I understand. Still, you don't have to overtly say that you're not trying to make the playoffs so you don't get embarrassed.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Blue Jackets shutout out Nashville last night and won 4-0 on the strength of 4 third period goals. Two from Rick Nash and Steve Mason gets the shutout. They're two points out with a game in hand on a lot of teams. They could join the 68 point club, but they got red hot Phoenix on Friday.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Caps sign Matt Hendricks to a 2 yr 1.6 mil extension. Its the first one way deal of his career and I couldnt be happier for the guy. He plays his heart out and loves his teammates. I have developed a major mancrush on this guy, I love his style of play and his matter of fact-ness about the way he plays. Hes one of those guys that knows his role and plays it great.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Probably the biggest Ducks-Kings game in the history of Ducks-Kings games. Up until this morning, I was pretty damn pumped to watch this game, but a confluence of crap this morning on the Ducks side combined with this recent stretch leave me less than optimistic going into tonight.

Saku Koivu out with a groin injury. Ryan Getzlaf is at the hospital with his wife who is in labor and he is most likely out tonight. The Ducks did call up Ray Emery today after another impressive start for Syracuse last night, but it was announced that Curtis McElhinney will start again tonight with Emery on the bench.

McBackup has given up 17 goals in the past 3 games. Not all his fault, and some just weird bounces, but his confidence is absolutely dead at this point. I see no reason that Emery shouldn't have been given a shot tonight (except for playing last night, and only playing 3 AHL games in a little over a year). I say give Emery a shot, because he can't be that much worse than the way McBackup has played of late, and the Ducks could use a spark of some sort.

I hope the Ducks can pull together and overcome all this tonight, because this is just another huge game in the West. Especially with both teams tied at 68 points (like everybody else :rolleyes: )

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

8 in a row! What a game in Philly tonight.

8 in a row to being absolutely BLIZTED in Tampa right now.

7-0 halfway through the game (10 mins left in the 2nd). Purcell already has a hattrick. St. Louis with 2 goals, and Stamkos/Lecavalier on the board as well. All the goals have been allowed by Jason LaBarbera, who is still in the game.

Holy crap, Phoenix.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

8 in a row! What a game in Philly tonight.

8 in a row to being absolutely BLIZTED in Tampa right now.

7-0 halfway through the game (10 mins left in the 2nd). Purcell already has a hattrick. St. Louis with 2 goals, and Stamkos/Lecavalier on the board as well. All the goals have been allowed by Jason LaBarbera, who is still in the game.

Holy crap, Phoenix.

LaBarbera was filling in for Bryzgolov who has played 16 straight. The Lightning had 2 days off while the Coyotes got into the hotel at 2am from their overtime game last night. There is no justifying how soft LaBarbera was, but with a few big injuries on the defense side and an suspension I am not too worried about how bad that loss was. They definitively need to respond to this blowout in Columbus though. I just hope Bryz doesn't have a serious injury because LaBarbera is a very shaky #2.

PopHeading-1.gif

Archived