2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

Boston is "Wheeling" and dealing, eh?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per BobbyMac`s Twitter

Conditional pick in Kaberle deal: 2nd rounder in 2012 if Kaberle re-signs in BOS or BOS makes Cup final.

So Toronto is only giving up Kaberle in the end they get Colborne and a First and possibly a 2nd good job Burke, I guess he turned down a first and prospect in the Summer from a team out west.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Brian Elliott to Colorado for Craig Anderson.

I'm confused. Was this a performance related trade, a cap space trade, or both?

Well, both. Anderson is a UFA after this year and has been playing horribly, Elliot has been horrible and hes an RFA after this year. Under achieving goalie for under achieving goalie pretty much.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Ian White on the move again first Toronto to Calgary then Calgary to Carolina now Carolina to San Jose.

Surprised Vacouver didn't get him.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Mike Gillis I guess vetoed the deal for White and he's still confident with AHL fill ins and hoping Hamhuis & Ballard hurry the hell up.

Another Defenseman on the move Eric Brewer to Tampa for a 3rd & Prospect Brock Beukeboom. What DMen are left both Montreal and partially Vancouver need upgrades on the back end.

Peverley got traded? Well damn, that sucks. I'm gonna miss Peverley, & I'm sure that the Peverley Hillbilly is gonna miss him too. :lol:

That being said, Stuart's an upgrade over Valabik & is definitely going to fit right in with the defensemen that are already in Atlanta, and while Peverley's definitely going to help the Bruins in their attempt at the Cup, Wheeler's younger and still has plenty of potential, which reminds me of a good chunk of the Thrashers roster. Nobody really lost in this deal, IMO.

I cant believe Boston got Kaberle and Peverley without giving up Krejci. Thats major. The B's arent fooling around.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Mike Gillis I guess vetoed the deal for White and he's still confident with AHL fill ins and hoping Hamhuis & Ballard hurry the hell up.

Another Defenseman on the move Eric Brewer to Tampa for a 3rd & Prospect Brock Beukeboom. What DMen are left both Montreal and partially Vancouver need upgrades on the back end.

There was apparently never a deal in place for White. Media speculation. The Canucks have no cap room anyway, since Alberts and (I think) Bieksa went straight to LTIR.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Gonna miss Kaberle but it's time I guess. It's funny how the Leafs fans will cheer for Kaberle, yet Boston fans still hate on Kessel.

It's gonna pain me to cheer for them, but I pray they win the cup for Kabby. Should made the condition if the Bruins win the cup, we get our pick back and they keep theirs lol

untitled-6.jpg

There was apparently never a deal in place for White. Media speculation. The Canucks have no cap room anyway, since Alberts and (I think) Bieksa went straight to LTIR.

That was it. Couldn't figure out the reason why White's name was brought up.

Wow. Rich Peverly and Boris Valabik, another Slovak giant, too? I'm like a kid on Christmas morning right now.

Yeah, you may want to keep the gift receipt on that one....

Absolutely not. The Bruins could have gotten a bag of pucks for Blake Wheeler and I'd still say the B's won the deal.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

That was it. Couldn't figure out the reason why White's name was brought up.

Apparently it was Brad May posting it on twitter, and it was basically something he read on the internet. Ballard and Hamhuis are apparently getting closer to coming back.

Also, best line about the Canucks situation was someone who emailed Team 1040 wondering if Christian Erhoff was starting to feel like the last camper in a Friday the 13th movie.

Archived