2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well last year we had the Calgary Maple Flames, now we only have two former leafs one of which is very available in Nik Hagman come deadline day.

I would have went with the Toronto Flaming Leafs.

Either way that trade did nothing for both sides.

So much for everyone trying to compare it to the Doug Gilmore trade.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Is there a point where we can call Toronto's hockey team the Maple Ducks?

I was going to post this exact thing had I not been in class earlier.

I mean in this instance of the Voros trade Burke is actually taking a Ducks player he didn't have, still adding his beloved truculence, and adding a player the Ducks really didn't need in the first place, but it's clear that Bob Murray is still a lapdog of Burke's. I swear, he'll make almost any trade Burke offers.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Shamless plug about the Heritage Classic this weekend. Can't believe it's almost here.

Alumni Game Rosters.

No Dougie? :mad:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Shamless plug about the Heritage Classic this weekend. Can't believe it's almost here.

Alumni Game Rosters.

No Dougie? :mad:

Forget Doug Gilmour, no one cares about him. The world only cares that Hakan Loob won't be there! Cancel the whole Heritage Classic because there's no Hakan Loob! It's not Calgary Flames hockey without the Loob!

I agree with Hakan Loob the original #12 but him in charge of Färjestads BK probably has something to with why he's not going to play. I'm really surprised that both Joe Nieuwendyk and Al MacInnis will be playing.

Should be a good time on Saturday.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

It's not Calgary Flames hockey without the Loob!

Sounds like the game is gonna be quite the rough ride, then.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Thrashers have re-signed D Dustin Byfuglien to a 5 year $26M deal.

Thrashers management finally got something right, I can't believe it ;_;

Waaaaaaayyyyyy too much. Not worth it, yet.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The Thrashers were below the salary floor but nobody bothered to say anything about it. If they want to give Dustin Byfuglien a $5.2 cap hit, whatever. I just hope they don't re-sign Andrew Ladd, because I'd kinda like to have him back, even though he kinda helped screw us this summer. We qualified him at $1.65 and he said no. What a dink.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Thrashers have re-signed D Dustin Byfuglien to a 5 year $26M deal.

Thrashers management finally got something right, I can't believe it ;_;

Waaaaaaayyyyyy too much. Not worth it, yet.

Seriously? He's done more than that #52 guy in Washington. He's got a Cup, what's #52 got? Nothing. I'm sorry, but a goal scoring defenseman who can play the wing, and has won a Cup is worth that kind of money.

Chris Kelly to Boston for a 2nd Round Draft Pick.

So, Sens fans. What should I expect from Mr. Kelly?

Good: He's a very solid 2-way player, great "D" for a forward, great penalty killer, good leadership. Quality guy who wants to win and will stick up for teammates.

Bad: Not the best shot, won't dazzle by any means.

I think he'll be great under Julien playing with a purpose.

Hi, how are you?

Didn't they already resign him at like 3 million per or something? Or was that just a weird dream I had?

Dale Tallon re-signed him at 9 over 3 in 2008, which was vast overpayment for a guy who had played one full season (and without a set position, at that) and eventually served to drive up the price for Atlanta.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived