2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

17 fighting majors. From what I see in this postgame show, I missed a pens game on the wrong night.

I turned the radio off at work when it went 5-0, its a good thing I came home and checked the final before I deleted this off the DVR, I feel compelled to watch this now. With the additional suspensions and injuries the Pens incurred in this it's going to be a wonder if they can ice even a half assed lineup for the next few games after this.

Ah crap, I missed another 1980s game. :(

Well, I guess I'm not too sad. I went to the Thrashers game tonight. I saw Evander Kane score 2 3rd period goals to win the game & save the Thrashers' playoff hopes, IMO.

17 fighting majors. From what I see in this postgame show, I missed a pens game on the wrong night.

I turned the radio off at work when it went 5-0, its a good thing I came home and checked the final before I deleted this off the DVR, I feel compelled to watch this now. With the additional suspensions and injuries the Pens incurred in this it's going to be a wonder if they can ice even a half assed lineup for the next few games after this.

Which will improve their draft position... unfortunately...

(And yes, I know I'm exaggerating a bit).

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

It's a shame, really. They had a ton of potential in the first half of the season. Crosby was on pace to an amazing season. Then the Winter Classic came, sid got rocked, and everyone else followed, and while they've managed to somewhat hold their own so far, they're pretty much an AHL team now. Granted, the best AHL team, but an AHL team is not winning the Stanley Cup.

oBIgzrL.png

It's a shame, really. They had a ton of potential in the first half of the season. Crosby was on pace to an amazing season. Then the Winter Classic came, sid got rocked, and everyone else followed, and while they've managed to somewhat hold their own so far, they're pretty much an AHL team now. Granted, the best AHL team, but an AHL team is not winning the Stanley Cup.

Considering what the team's accomplished and their fanbase that mixes whining and arrogance to every game....no team in the NHL is gonna feel sorry for the Penguins or their fans about the state of their team right now.

Considering what the team's accomplished and their fanbase that mixes whining and arrogance to every game....no team in the NHL is gonna feel sorry for the Penguins or their fans about the state of their team right now.

Exactly. Penguins fans, you're still in the 5 year zone. We'll let you know when you're allowed to bitch about your team. Just ask, Devils fans.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Exactly. Penguins fans, you're still in the 5 year zone. We'll let you know when you're allowed to bitch about your team. Just ask, Devils fans.

Oh thanks, nothing like having to wait on a scorn, bitter, and distraught fan of a rival to tell all of us when we have permission to speak freely.

Today is a sports double at the Verizon Center as the Caps are tied with the Kings 1-1 after two periods and later on in the day, the Wizards host the Spurs.

Any chance you can fit in Syracuse punking Georgetown for a Tri(de)fecta at the arena?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Today is a sports double at the Verizon Center as the Caps are tied with the Kings 1-1 after two periods and later on in the day, the Wizards host the Spurs.

Any chance you can fit in Syracuse punking Georgetown for a Tri(de)fecta at the arena?

Well it's a third of way there for the Tri(de)fecta as the Caps lose 4-1. Also, the Hoyas host Marquette tomorrow afternoon.

Heartless performance. They gave up after giving up that 2nd goal in the 3rd period.

And? This is an over-rated team and always has been. This loss doesn't surprise me at all. The Kings on their "10 game"(it's not)roadtrip, have picked up 8 out of 10 points. Then again, I have never been impressed by this Caps team and after this year they will have a new coach as they will be beaten in the first round. Biggest weakness of the Caps? In goal... STILL!!!

Heartless performance. They gave up after giving up that 2nd goal in the 3rd period.

And? This is an over-rated team and always has been. This loss doesn't surprise me at all. The Kings on their "10 game"(it's not)roadtrip, have picked up 8 out of 10 points. Then again, I have never been impressed by this Caps team and after this year they will have a new coach as they will be beaten in the first round. Biggest weakness of the Caps? In goal... STILL!!!

As much as I want to fault Varlamov on his performance today in net, the Caps backchecking failed to bail him out in this game.

As much as I want to fault Varlamov on his performance today in net, the Caps backchecking failed to bail him out in this game.

You want to blame the backchecking? Really? Of the three goals I saw, I missed the second one, only the last goal was a backchecking (actually a pinching defensemen with 3 forwards down deep). The first and the third goal were goals that the Varlamov should've controlled. So that's two goals that were his fault. The Caps scored 1 goal. So the problem is where? In goal. End of story.

You want to blame the backchecking? Really? Of the three goals I saw, I missed the second one, only the last goal was a backchecking (actually a pinching defensemen with 3 forwards down deep). The first and the third goal were goals that the Varlamov should've controlled. So that's two goals that were his fault. The Caps scored 1 goal. So the problem is where? In goal. End of story.

Well I'm not going to get into a pissing match here, so try to enjoy the win.

Archived