2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

For once, the Ducks don't play like crap against a lowly team and get a nice 4-0 shootout win against the Oilers. Selanne also scored his 100th career GWG.

Hiller was able to get a feel for things again and appears to have recovered from his fatigue. Tonight's win also finally brings the Ducks' Goals Difference in the standings out of the minuses :D

Selanne's 100th GWG makes him the 6th player in NHL history to do so. (Gordie Howe, Phil Esposito, Jaromir Jagr, Brett Hull, and Brendan Shanahan are the others. Pretty good company)

Lowest shot total by opponent in a shutout in franchise history (Oilers had 12 shots)

3rd time in franchise history that they have swept a roadtrip of at least 4 games

And now only 2 points behind Dallas for the Pacific lead. Things are definitely looking up in Anaheim. There was no way in hell to expect this at the beginning of the season, but I am loving every second.

No, you're tied for it. It should've been a 3 way tie but we blew it.

See, I thought that's what it was, but none of the standings were updated when I posted and I couldn't remember what the hell the point total was before Friday.

I went to Vegas this weekend and kinda shut myself out from the outside world for a while and just partied haha.

But yeah, even better.

The division is like this right now:

Dallas-68 pts

Anaheim-68 pts

Phoenix-67 pts

SJ-66 pts

LA-65 pts

Wow, 3 pts seperating the best and worse teams. Can the Pacific send all 5 to the playoffs?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For once, the Ducks don't play like crap against a lowly team and get a nice 4-0 shootout win against the Oilers. Selanne also scored his 100th career GWG.

Hiller was able to get a feel for things again and appears to have recovered from his fatigue. Tonight's win also finally brings the Ducks' Goals Difference in the standings out of the minuses :D

Selanne's 100th GWG makes him the 6th player in NHL history to do so. (Gordie Howe, Phil Esposito, Jaromir Jagr, Brett Hull, and Brendan Shanahan are the others. Pretty good company)

Lowest shot total by opponent in a shutout in franchise history (Oilers had 12 shots)

3rd time in franchise history that they have swept a roadtrip of at least 4 games

And now only 2 points behind Dallas for the Pacific lead. Things are definitely looking up in Anaheim. There was no way in hell to expect this at the beginning of the season, but I am loving every second.

See, I thought that's what it was, but none of the standings were updated when I posted and I couldn't remember what the hell the point total was before Friday.

I went to Vegas this weekend and kinda shut myself out from the outside world for a while and just partied haha.

But yeah, even better.

Dallas-68 pts

Anaheim-68 pts

Phoenix-67 pts

SJ-66 pts

LA-65 pts

Wow, 3 pts seperating the best and worse teams. Can the Pacific send all 5 to the playoffs?

I wouldn't be surprised if all 5 make it, I can not remember any time when the whole division was this close. Should make for some great games in the next month and a half.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

But yeah, even better.

Dallas-68 pts

Anaheim-68 pts

Phoenix-67 pts

SJ-66 pts

LA-65 pts

I wouldn't be surprised if all 5 make it, I can not remember any time when the whole division was this close. Should make for some great games in the next month and a half.

Naw, at the rate Dallas is going, they won't make the playoffs at all. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised to see Brad Richards sporting another uniform. As is stands right now, the Ducks look like the best team in the Pacific.

Leafs trade Versteeg to the Flyers for a 1st and a 3rd.

Link.

Lacked truculence.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I can't believe Kris Versteeg went from making $490,000 a year to over $3,000,000 having logged but one full season, all because Dale Tallon forgot what a fax machine was. Clearly, the Blackhawks didn't shed their incompetence overnight after all. Now he's on the other team from the Stanley Cup Final and we have Viktor Stalberg and his crippling allergy to boards. Blah.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Think the Avs could use Peter Forsberg tonight?

2003 Peter Forsberg? Yes. 2011 Peter Forsberg? No.

Probably need Sakic and Roy in net as well.

Also expect another suspension in the form of a dirty knee to knee hit on Olli Jokinen from Philippe Dupuis.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Canucks lose to St Louis, and also lose another defenseman- Andrew Alberts out with a broken wrist.

Canucks put him on LTIR, call up my son to be 6th defenseman. Luckily he's a right handed shot, and so will play with Ehrhoff on the first pairing tomorrow night in Minneapolis.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived