2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

I caught the period and a half of the Montreal and Boston game and all I can say, is that Boston as a whole is a bunch of dirty players that make Matt Cooke look like a schoolboy. If I'm Montreal, I go get Cooke, Sean Avery, and whatever other thug you want to throw out on the ice and I give Montreal what they want. You want to play thug hockey, then lets do it. I saw nothing but disrespect for an opponent and the game of hockey from Boston. As far as Montreal goes, they sure as hell better get some size and some fighters or they aren't going anywhere come playoff time.

You obviously haven't seen the previous matchups between the two teams. PK Subban had been throwing quite a bit of dirty hits over the last few games, and Montreal had owned the Bruins on the scoreboard in 7 of the last 8.

The Bruins are just not afraid to fight when they have to. Ask Dallas.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hugh Jessiman.

I remember when Bart making prank phone calls to Moe's used to be a running gag on The Simpsons, too.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hugh Jessiman.

I remember when Bart making prank phone calls to Moe's used to be a running gag on The Simpsons, too.

....ok?

"Hugh Jass" was the prank call name who turned out to be a real person at Moe's.

So obviously Dale Tallon feels really awful about drafting Jack Skille with the 7th overall pick, as well as how he gave Dustin Byfuglien and Kris Versteeg each $3 million a year (a little more in Versteeg's case) after their first full seasons and ultimately dicked the Blackhawks into The Viktor Stalberg Experience. There's no other explanation for how the Bowmans were able to parlay a clueless fourth-line winger and the solitary bust of the 2003 First Round into a 22-year-old second-line center/winger and a Swedish League-leading goalie.

This is probably it for Hawks moves. I think this was also supposed to serve as kind of a jolt to Patrick Kane, who has been underachieving due to perpetual drunkenness and

underage
gash-hounding. Skille was settling in as a sidekick of sorts, reportedly, and so banishing him to The Hockey Retirement Community might be an effort to make some of Kane's more negative influences unavailable. If the next move Stan Bowman makes is sending every 16-year-old girl from Schaumburg to Edmonton for future considerations, I don't know what more he can possibly do.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This is probably it for Hawks moves. I think this was also supposed to serve as kind of a jolt to Patrick Kane, who has been underachieving due to perpetual drunkenness and

underage
gash-hounding. Skille was settling in as a sidekick of sorts, reportedly, and so banishing him to The Hockey Retirement Community might be an effort to make some of Kane's more negative influences unavailable. If the next move Stan Bowman makes is sending every 16-year-old girl from Schaumburg to Edmonton for future considerations, I don't know what more he can possibly do.

On the bright side, it's good to know someone in town's finally picking up the slack in Kyle Farnsworth's absence.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Or his BAC, for that matter.

You know, he's been gone six years now and he's still among my top five most loathsome Cubs (I can't be the only one, either). That's an achievement, especially when you look at the people who have come and gone since he left.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Speaking of Matt Cooke...

4 Game Suspension for the Dirtiest Player in the NHL.

Thank goodness.

It was for the hit on Tyutin(which I haven't seen). How the hell did he not get suspended for the Ovechkin knee hit?

If you follow the link, there's a video that has the hit on it. And in a sense, I think maybe 1 game of this suspension is for the Ovechkin hit and 3 for the Tyutin one? Who knows.

6fQjS3M.png

Nice to see the Preds making a push.

Nice to see the Senators trying to improve. We made out like the Hamburglar (without that wretched clown) on that trade. First rounder and a conditional in the second or third next year for an underachieving third liner with a big salary.

They must have had too many beers in Smashed-ville. <---See what I did there tongue.gif

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Archived