2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank God, the trap is back

Just in time! Hockey was starting to get way too fun and fast. See you at the next parking lot party in June of '13?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just in time! Hockey was starting to get way too fun and fast. See you at the next parking lot party in June of '13?

No need to wait that long. Why don't we just meet up at the Jobing.com arena parking lot? That should be before 2013.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Oh, and the Blues just dealt captain Eric Brewer to the Lightning for Geoff Beukeboom's kid, who's done pretty much nothing in three seasons of juniors at Soo.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So which general managers haven't exposed their bellies for Steve Yzerman yet? The Bowmans are probably double-agents waiting to trade Brent Seabrook for a 5th.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Hurricanes retired former Flyer Rod Brind'Amour's #17 in front of an arena full of Flyers fans wearing special Brind'Amour Flyers shirts. One of the stranger things I've ever seen.

This follows the Flyers game in Tampa, where all of the fans who went down there for Spring Training got tickets to the Lightning game (which based on some accounts my friends that are down there have told me can be had for $5) and turned it into a Flyers home game.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You're a fu*king idiot.

Devils won again.

That. Is. All.

You know, the Blackhawks' slogan for the past couple seasons has been "One Goal." Rumor has it they lifted it from Jacques Lemaire's playbook.

You know, the Blackhawks' slogan for the past couple seasons has been "One Goal." Rumor has it they lifted it from Jacques Lemaire's playbook.

People who bring up "The Trap" are ignorant hockey fans, who think a system of play that the Devils havn't used since 1998 is still a relevant argument against them.

Not to mention the Trap itself was a great defensive system.

"Wahhhh, the Devils are keeping us from scoring! This is boring now! Boooo!"

Retards...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The Blue Jackets won again last night in Chicago in regulation. This brings them to a tie with Chicago with identical 29-23-6 records. If you would've told me before the season that at this point in the season the Jackets would be tied with the cup champions I would've been over the moon, but I also would've figured the Blackhawks would be in the top 8 at this point. Who was the last Stanley Cup winner to miss the playoffs the next year?

The Blue Jackets are 4 points out of 6th right now. The Western Conference is ridiculous. Now we just need some of these teams to start making slides. It seems (or feels) like every west-con team is playing at a 7-2-1 clip right now, and then I look over at the east and everybody's 3-4-3. It's so annoying.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Here's a big one.

To Colorado

D Erik Johnson

F Jay McClement

To St Louis

D Kevin Shattenkirk

F Chris Stewart

Right now it's just a report, more to follow.

Boy, the Rams really have a golden opportunity to make possibly franchise saving headways in town with the Cardinals and Blues blowing-WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE MAY NOT BE A SEASON NEXT YEAR?! <_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Here's a big one.

To Colorado

D Erik Johnson

F Jay McClement

To St Louis

D Kevin Shattenkirk

F Chris Stewart

Right now it's just a report, more to follow.

This is either going to be a great trade for the Avs or a horrible trade for them, only time will tell. I do like swapping Shattenkirk for Johnson as it gives the Avs a more physical defensemen. And as far as the draft picks go, if the Blues finish in the bottom 10 of the NHL this year then the draft pick the Avs get will be for 2012, otherwise they get this years pick (2011).

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived