Minnesota vs. Minnesota

Viper

The Twins win this dispute by default. Nobody even knows who the Wolves are, so who will take their side?

Not unlike how nobody cares about the Rays-Twins ALDS series. Well, except you, of course :P

Who are the Angels playing in October this year? ^_^

The Texas Rangers.

I was referring to the playoffs, but at least the Angels are technically playing in October for yet another season...

It's cool. I'd rather see them miss the playoffs than have their entire roster his .050 except Hunter and Tex who go .600 and watch them get swept by Boston yet again (even though the Sawx didn't make it this year.)

ps) IMHO, Mark Texeira is almost as big a d-bag as Paul Kariya in the Anaheim sports scene. But at least Tex didn't promise to win a title the following season (as Kariya did after the Ducks lost a heart-breaking game 7 to the legendary Broduer in New Jersey in '03) and then flee to Colorado in hopes of riding them to the Cup. What a douche.

Although, Tex's decision to sign with NY (I believe BOTH clubs offered him identical $160M deals) was based on his wife's desire to live in Manhattan. Now, with all due fugging respect - who in their right mind would trade the picturesque beaches and beauty of Orange County for New friggin York??? Don't get it.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Although, Tex's decision to sign with NY (I believe BOTH clubs offered him identical $160M deals) was based on his wife's desire to live in Manhattan. Now, with all due fugging respect - who in their right mind would trade the picturesque beaches and beauty of Orange County for New friggin York??? Don't get it.

Maybe some idiot who thinks they'll make more money in New York than in Los Angeles. <_<

The Twins win this dispute by default. Nobody even knows who the Wolves are, so who will take their side?

Not unlike how nobody cares about the Rays-Twins ALDS series. Well, except you, of course :P

Who are the Angels playing in October this year? ^_^

The Texas Rangers.

I was referring to the playoffs, but at least the Angels are technically playing in October for yet another season...

It's cool. I'd rather see them miss the playoffs than have their entire roster his .050 except Hunter and Tex who go .600 and watch them get swept by Boston yet again (even though the Sawx didn't make it this year.)

ps) IMHO, Mark Texeira is almost as big a d-bag as Paul Kariya in the Anaheim sports scene. But at least Tex didn't promise to win a title the following season (as Kariya did after the Ducks lost a heart-breaking game 7 to the legendary Broduer in New Jersey in '03) and then flee to Colorado in hopes of riding them to the Cup. What a douche.

1st off, Tex came here as a rental. I don't know how you can classify him as a douche really. He was only here for a few months and didn't promise anyone anything about staying. I thought had the Angels won or gotten to the World Series then he would have stayed. But to think anything else, I thought was ludicrous. The only thing I have against Tex is that slight annoyance and him breaking Ryan Budde earlier this season on an unneccessary collision at home plate.

2nd off, He grew up on the east coast. He grew up a Yankee fan. His wife was from the east coast. They didn't really like it in Texas or Atlanta, or with the Angels. He wanted to go back to where he was from and play for the Yanks. And I've always said that besides OC where I was born and raised, the only other place I would choose to live is New York City. But just like you and I would love to live where we grew up and what we know and what we think is the best, other people think that they know what is the best and they have their own tastes.

3rd off, Your homerism is painful to read. Like I hold some of the same opinions, but you can't seperate legitmate arguments from spew half the time. Chill man.

4th off, I see the Twins problem with it, but at the same time, the T-Wolves can do whatever they want there. If the Twins knew this could happen, they should have done like the Cubs do and made an agreement with the T-Wolves/Target Center to split profits or whatever.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Wow... he's really not joking.

I know you're proud of where you grew up and all, but without its commuting proximity to LA, Anaheim would be no more culturally significant than Bakersfield or Fresno. It's pretty much the entire reason you have any sports teams at all.

With all due respect, I enjoy living here in Oklahoma City than I would living in that complete clusterf*** that is called Orange County.

So, I haven't paid much attention to this thread because everybody is just arguing over stupid crap, but...

I noticed the ad on the Target Center right away yesterday. I watch many, many Twins games, and this stood out immediately. It was just...different. That being said, I don't think it's that big of a deal. There is advertising everywhere, I don't see how this is that different.

So, I haven't paid much attention to this thread because everybody is just arguing over stupid crap, but...

I noticed the ad on the Target Center right away yesterday. I watch many, many Twins games, and this stood out immediately. It was just...different. That being said, I don't think it's that big of a deal. There is advertising everywhere, I don't see how this is that different.

I think it's horribly tacky, but maybe I'll get used to it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Go away, Timberwolves. Everybody hates you.

We'll take 'em.

As a Timberwolves fan, I have always said for the past two years I'd have no problem if they eventually moved to Seattle. In my opinion, as a general sports fan they 'deserve' a NBA team much more than we do. The malaise of this fan base is palpable.

I was gonna reply to this but I see everyone else already piled on. LOL at butthurt Anaheim fans :lol:

The T-Wolves should've put up a large "Go Twins!" banner for the postseason and then replaced it with advertising once the postseason ends. I think the Twins would have had a much harder time raising a stink over local teams "supporting" one another, and then the T-Wolves just happening to use the space after baseball season was done for advertising.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

The T-Wolves should've put up a large "Go Twins!" banner for the postseason and then replaced it with advertising once the postseason ends. I think the Twins would have had a much harder time raising a stink over local teams "supporting" one another, and then the T-Wolves just happening to use the space after baseball season was done for advertising.

Wow... you couldn't miss the point of all of this any more. That space is worthless after baseball season. Your idea would defeat the whole purpose of the Wolves selling the space at all.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I guess this is kind of a tricky situation, but I side with the T'Wolves... I mean they are really just sort of taking advantage of a "lucky" situation by being able to place that advertisement there in plain view. If the Twins have that much of a problem with it, they should stop whining and just build a wall there in their own damn stadium, instead of telling the T'Wolves what they can and cannot do with the Target Center.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

"That CITGO Sign should come down at FENWAY!!!11!!!!11"

The point of advertising is to have your ad viewed by as many people as possible. They are not posting this on Twins property. It is an ad on their property. I don't see one single thing wrong here.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

This wouldn't be a big deal if the Timberwolves weren't such a spectularly incompetent waste of time, space, and energy. If they could pull their own weight on the Twin Cities sports scene instead of perpetually wheeling and dealing the basketball dregs, maybe they wouldn't be seen as freeloading on a team that can actually accomplish things.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived