New LA Kings prototypes

IceCap

Tell you the truth, I was disappointed when they switched from the coat of arms as the primary to the crown, let alone when they came up with the pencil. I still hate the idea of going silver and black again, as it was and continues to be a blatent ripoff of the Raiders.

VmWIn6B.png

I agree that the pencil logo is terrible... This may not be a popular opinion but I like the Kings current look. The Purple, Silver and Black is much needed breath of fresh air. The jerseys they had before the Edge System toke hold were the best. Fortunatly those Prototype jerseys are for the LA Jr. Kings Peewee AAA team. The Kings have no plans to change their jerseys anytime in the near future.

They look pretty crappy in my opinion. Boring/practice-jersey-ish like the oiler's roads. As for the logo (never heard it refered to as the "pencil" before ha ha), its garbage -- looks more like a baseball logo to me - like a homeplate or something. I think the best way to please the old-schooers and still be super hip/modern/marketable would be black, purple, with a bit of gold trim. I find ever since they switched to black n silver when gretzky arrived, all the kings jersey's have looked so washed out and almost indeciferable on TV.

If they must switch colors, fine, but the Kings really need to keep the crown as the primary. I'm not a fan of the "pencil." As Morgo said, they finally got it right and then had to start tinkering again. It surprises me that they'd want to ditch purple completely anyway. You could downgrade it to piping or trim and maybe satisfy both groups of fans. (And the Burger King jersey fans will still have their one day a year. Well, in the stands... not on the ice.)

Meh... I guess I can live with this, but I'd have preferred a return to purple and gold with the current crown. They could've switched it up with metallic gold (instead of athletic gold) if they didn't want to look like they were biting the Lakers.

The Kings problem is the current crown. It is really bad. They need a new crown, and a return to purple/gold would not be a bad thing.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Meh... I guess I can live with this, but I'd have preferred a return to purple and gold with the current crown. They could've switched it up with metallic gold (instead of athletic gold) if they didn't want to look like they were biting the Lakers.

I wouldn't quite consider Forum Blue and Gold as their colors "biting the Lakers", as the Lakers original LA colors are navy/powder blue and the Kings original colors were Forum Blue/Gold. In fact, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the Lakers switched color schemes to the current colors when Jerry Buss purchased both them and the Kings back in the late 60's...

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I wouldn't quite consider Forum Blue and Gold as their colors "biting the Lakers", as the Lakers original LA colors are navy/powder blue and the Kings original colors were Forum Blue/Gold. In fact, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the Lakers switched color schemes to the current colors when Jerry Buss purchased both them and the Kings back in the late 60's...

Jack Kent Cooke owned the Lakers way back then, and the Lakers were wearing the Light blue. According to this very site, the Lakers went to Forum Blue and Gold in the 1966/67 season. When Cooke got the expansion Kings in 1967, the Lakers and Kings both moved into the Forum, and the Kings were going to be the Forum Blue and Gold, and to match his current team with his new team as they both moved into the Forum.

So Cooke owned the Lakers and Kings, and gave them both the same color scheme at the exact same time, 1966-1967, when Cooke was awarded the Kings and the teams moved into the Forum in 67-68.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived