Favre a Pevrert?

mcrosby

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah, he's a huge pevrert. I hear he's also somewhat of a pervert, too.

If this was intended to point out a misspelling I would like to take this opportunity to point out a (fairly simple) joke. FaVRe is prounounced as if the V and R are reversed, seeing as 'pervert' has that whole R-V thing going t'was a wondrous opportunity for a pun.

Seeing as how this "story" first broke two months ago and hasn't gone beyond the same glorified blog, I'm not exactly buying it.

Me neither. I think Bleacher Report has better sourcing requirements than Deadspin.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Allegedly deadspin was waiting for Sterger to give them permission to use the photos, and they've been "sitting on them for a while." We'll probably figure out soon enough if this is real or fake;the photos just got leaked today, as did myspace screenshots, emails and texts. More incriminating, voice messages.

Oh Favre. Even when you're not fake-retiring, you know how to get everyone's attention. And here I thought I could avoid him for a few weeks.

SIGNATURE.png

I don't think Sterger did give them permission. She doesn't seem like she wants to have anything to do with this story, and Deadspin went ahead anyway.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Allegedly deadspin was waiting for Sterger to give them permission to use the photos, and they've been "sitting on them for a while." We'll probably figure out soon enough if this is real or fake;the photos just got leaked today, as did myspace screenshots, emails and texts. More incriminating, voice messages.

Oh Favre. Even when you're not fake-retiring, you know how to get everyone's attention. And here I thought I could avoid him for a few weeks.

As Dauleiro is on the record of pretty much saying "I'll run anything I get, no matter how outrageous or incorrect, lest I get scooped," I tend to doubt this.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oh yeah, he's a huge pevrert. I hear he's also somewhat of a pervert, too.

If this was intended to point out a misspelling I would like to take this opportunity to point out a (fairly simple) joke. FaVRe is prounounced as if the V and R are reversed, seeing as 'pervert' has that whole R-V thing going t'was a wondrous opportunity for a pun.

I found it to be rather clever.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is why I stopped reading deadspin a long time ago. I want sports news, not high school gossip. I could really care less what athletes do in their personal time. As long as it isn't anything horrible, I don't think it should be reported. Yes, this is really odd (if it is true), but nothing really out of the ordinary for today. Sorry for the rant, but I really can't stand this kind of "journalism".

From the article linked in the original post:

The courtship involved a phony MySpace account under the improbable name "Screaming Lord Byron" — a David Bowie reference. Please suspend your disbelief for a moment.

Dollars to donuts that we're soon about to see (1) a sudden spike in custom "Lord Byron" #4 Vikings and Jets jersey orders on the NFLShop site, soon followed by (2) an equally quick ban on those particular combos, both a la "Ron Mexico".

CCSLC signature.png

Who among us here in 2010 hasn't sent or received genitals on a cell phone?

This is why I keep refusing your requests to exchange numbers.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Who among us here in 2010 hasn't sent or received genitals on a cell phone?

raises hand. :grin:

i do think sending a genital over the cell phone is quite difficult to do. Pictures is another thing but actually sending a genital. I don't know I wouldn't want to send or receive a genital over the phone. Especially if woman over the other end has the initials LB, who seems to be an expert in 'handling' the flesh.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived