2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is TNT this pro-Lakers every game? I can handle Dallas losing, but it's as if these announcers are paid by L.A..

I think they are more frontrunner announcers than pro-Laker. If Dallas was winning then they'd be sucking the Mavs' dicks.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Is TNT this pro-Lakers every game? I can handle Dallas losing, but it's as if these announcers are paid by L.A..

You kidding me man? TNT analysts were pro-Mavericks. Every bad call against Lakers (working in favor of the Mavs) was ignored and as soon as one questionable call occurred against the Mavericks TNT was all over it saying how bad the call was.

Speaking of Mavs-Lakers, I lost respect tonight for the Mavericks. The poor-loser Terry cheap-shotting Blake for no reason. And while I believe Haywood, Blake and Brown shouldn't have been ejected I think both Terry and Barnes getting ejected was the right thing. I like Barnes defending his teammate though.

Mavericks were all talk, but they couldn't back it up. After the Lakers beat them 96-91 a couple of weeks, they were saying they would have won with Peja, turns out they're worse with him. Either way, I loved seeing the Lakers destroy the Mavericks. Good win Lakers. Let's go beat the Jazz and eventually overtake the Spurs. We only need the Spurs to lose once more to a different team and then the Lakers can beat them for home-court in a couple of weeks.

Go Lakers!

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I have an honest question as I do not know the answer. But, let's say Bulls and Lakers end up with the same record (and they split against each other this year), and what if the meet in the Finals, who gets home-court advantage?

Everybody thinks the national broadcasters are biased against their favorite team because it's such a marked departure from the home broadcast. National broadcasters are not out to get the team you like.

Except Joe Buck, who obviously hates my Cubs.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You kidding me man? TNT analysts were pro-Lakers. Every bad call against Lakers (working in favor of the Mavs) was ignored and as soon as one questionable call occurred against the Mavericks TNT was all over it saying how bad the call was.

Speaking of Mavs-Lakers, I lost respect tonight for the Mavericks. The poor-loser Terry cheap-shotting Blake for no reason. And while I believe Haywood, Blake and Brown shouldn't have been ejected I think both Terry and Barnes getting ejected was the right thing. I like Barnes defending his teammate though.

Mavericks were all talk, but they couldn't back it up. After the Lakers beat them 96-91 a couple of weeks, they were saying they would have won with Peja, turns out they're worse with him. Either way, I loved seeing the Lakers destroy the Mavericks. Good win Lakers. Let's go beat the Jazz and eventually overtake the Spurs. We only need the Spurs to lose once more to a different team and then the Lakers can beat them for home-court in a couple of weeks.

Go Lakers!

Sorry you're a Cowboys fan. Jeebus.

What I heard on TNT was cheerleading. "Dirk had a nice lay up.. tie up.....oh, oh, Lakers ball! LAKERS BALL!!. KOOBE!..the Champions! "

Your entire rebuttal is beyond cocky. I mentioned a tv broadcast, which I felt was biased, and what I get in return is a blow-by-blow account of how the Laker players were somehow better people than the Mavericks players.

Bravado killed the NBA in my eyes a long time ago. Have fun puffing your chest out.

newsig.jpg

I have an honest question as I do not know the answer. But, let's say Bulls and Lakers end up with the same record (and they split against each other this year), and what if the meet in the Finals, who gets home-court advantage?

Are you excited about your Red Wings and Yankees too?

newsig.jpg

Everybody thinks the national broadcasters are biased against their favorite team because it's such a marked departure from the home broadcast. National broadcasters are not out to get the team you like.

Except Joe Buck, who obviously hates my Cubs.

Actually, I've just never liked TNT. Especially Marv Albert (I know he didn't call tonight's game). I prefer the Lakers own broadcasters but they are really fair. They are not afraid to dish out plenty of complements to both teams.

You kidding me man? TNT analysts were pro-Mavericks. Every bad call against Lakers (working in favor of the Mavs) was ignored and as soon as one questionable call occurred against the Mavericks TNT was all over it saying how bad the call was.

Go Lakers!

Sorry you're a Cowboys fan. Jeebus.

What I heard on TNT was cheerleading. "Dirk had a nice lay up.. tie up.....oh, oh, Lakers ball! LAKERS BALL!!. KOOBE!..the Champions! "

Your entire rebuttal is beyond cocky. I mentioned a tv broadcast, which I felt was biased, and what I get in return is a blow-by-blow account of how the Laker players were somehow better people than the Mavericks players.

Bravado killed the NBA in my eyes a long time ago. Have fun puffing your chest out.

Why are you sorry I'm a Cowboys fan? They're my all-time favorite team of any sport. I'd watch them play over anybody. Even though we had a bad year, (I've watched every game since 2002 when I got Sunday Ticket) I'm still a huge fan. But, I digress.

Dude, only the first two lines were a response to the comment you made. The rest was just me talking and I didn't feel like posting a completely different post to finish my thought. And I don't know if you were able to read it, but I felt TNT was biased towards the Mavs.

And, I don't know where you see a "blow-by-blow account of how the Lakers were better" (which they are, even you can't deny that). Sorry if you can't handle some little smack, no wonder the Mavericks don't win anything meaningful.

And to reply to your other response, first, it doesn't make sense, and secondly, I hate the Red Wings and the Yankees. I don't know what you're talking about. I don't even really care for baseball or hockey. Truth be told, I'd watch hockey over baseball, but I'm more of a casual fan of both sports. Meaning I'll occasionally watch a Ducks or Angels game (fan of both teams because of the disney movies when I was 5, and well before they won their titles.)

Thats a good question. In that case, do they go by which conference won the All-Star Game?

Truth is, I probably would'nt find out. The two teams I hate most in basketball vying for a title would drive me crazy, and to save me the headache I would'nt even bother watching it :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

This one's for you Lights Out...

HOPE IS A GOOD THING

22. L.A. Clippers

The owner is reprehensible and needs to sell.

If the Blakers added LeBron would it be King James' Blakers or just LeBlakers?

Anyway, if you pressed a RESET button for LeBron's Summer of 2010 and asked the question, "Knowing what we know now, what would have been the best pick for him?" there's only one answer …

(I'll give you a second.)

(Come on, you'll get it.)

(And … time!)

The Clippers! How much fun would it have been to watch LeBron play with Eric Gordon, a Suddenly In Shape Because LeBron Is Here Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, DeAndre Jordan and especially Blake Griffin? Wouldn't that have been one of the ten most entertaining teams in the past 35 years? Let's see … the Showtime Lakers, Bird's 1986 Celts, the 2000-02 Kings, the '96 Bulls, the Seven Seconds or Less Suns, maybe the 1983 Sixers, maybe the 1993 Suns, maybe the 2002 Mavs, maybe the '84 Knicks (just because of Bernard and MSG) … s---, I'd rank the Pipe Dream Clips fifth or sixth. Throwing LeBron on the Knicks or Bulls would have been almost as fun, admittedly, but holy schnikes, LeBron AND Griffin on the same team? It makes me want to put on Jack's "Lost" beard from Season 3 and say, "We have to go back … "

He does have a point...

BB52Big.jpg

Someone on twitter originally pointed this out, but I'm gonna laugh my ass off if the Lakers end up getting the #1 seed after basically sleepwalking through 3/4ths of the season. I did not believe that they were just gonna turn the switch on, but damned if they haven't done just that.

Someone on twitter originally pointed this out, but I'm gonna laugh my ass off if the Lakers end up getting the #1 seed after basically sleepwalking through 3/4ths of the season. I did not believe that they were just gonna turn the switch on, but damned if they haven't done just that.

Well it kind of helps that San Antonio's "Big 3" all decided to get brittle at the same time, too. They've still got some work to do to get that number one spot.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

HOPE IS A GOOD THING

22. L.A. Clippers

Anyway, if you pressed a RESET button for LeBron's Summer of 2010 and asked the question, "Knowing what we know now, what would have been the best pick for him?" there's only one answer ?

(And ? time!)

The Clippers! How much fun would it have been to watch LeBron play with Eric Gordon, a Suddenly In Shape Because LeBron Is Here Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, DeAndre Jordan and especially Blake Griffin? Wouldn't that have been one of the ten most entertaining teams in the past 35 years? Let's see ? the Showtime Lakers, Bird's 1986 Celts, the 2000-02 Kings, the '96 Bulls, the Seven Seconds or Less Suns, maybe the 1983 Sixers, maybe the 1993 Suns, maybe the 2002 Mavs, maybe the '84 Knicks (just because of Bernard and MSG) ? s---, I'd rank the Pipe Dream Clips fifth or sixth. Throwing LeBron on the Knicks or Bulls would have been almost as fun, admittedly, but holy schnikes, LeBron AND Griffin on the same team? It makes me want to put on Jack's "Lost" beard from Season 3 and say, "We have to go back ? "

He does have a point...

Nope. The only correct answer is the Chicago Bulls...not that it matters.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

HOPE IS A GOOD THING

22. L.A. Clippers

Anyway, if you pressed a RESET button for LeBron's Summer of 2010 and asked the question, "Knowing what we know now, what would have been the best pick for him?" there's only one answer ?

(And ? time!)

The Clippers! How much fun would it have been to watch LeBron play with Eric Gordon, a Suddenly In Shape Because LeBron Is Here Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, DeAndre Jordan and especially Blake Griffin? Wouldn't that have been one of the ten most entertaining teams in the past 35 years? Let's see ? the Showtime Lakers, Bird's 1986 Celts, the 2000-02 Kings, the '96 Bulls, the Seven Seconds or Less Suns, maybe the 1983 Sixers, maybe the 1993 Suns, maybe the 2002 Mavs, maybe the '84 Knicks (just because of Bernard and MSG) ? s---, I'd rank the Pipe Dream Clips fifth or sixth. Throwing LeBron on the Knicks or Bulls would have been almost as fun, admittedly, but holy schnikes, LeBron AND Griffin on the same team? It makes me want to put on Jack's "Lost" beard from Season 3 and say, "We have to go back ? "

He does have a point...

Nope. The only correct answer is the Chicago Bulls...not that it matters.

I don't think LeBron would have worked out as well with the Bulls as people think.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived