2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

Not to morph into live-and-die-by-my-team guy, but...

There are some days where I really hate the fact that I'm a Jazz fan, but know I'm just too loyal to ever leave them. Today is really one of those days. Good freaking hell.

Okay, I vow that I wont post anything about the Jazz from now 'till the offseason. They're an absolute waste of time to even talk about now :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2011 has been announced, with Dennis Rodman, Chris Mullin, Arvydas Sabonis, and Artis Gilmore among others elected:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Dennis-Rodman-and-Chris-Mullin-headline-2011-Basketball-Hall-of-Fame-class-040411

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

This one's for you Lights Out...

HOPE IS A GOOD THING

22. L.A. Clippers

The owner is reprehensible and needs to sell.

If the Blakers added LeBron would it be King James' Blakers or just LeBlakers?

Anyway, if you pressed a RESET button for LeBron's Summer of 2010 and asked the question, "Knowing what we know now, what would have been the best pick for him?" there's only one answer ?

(I'll give you a second.)

(Come on, you'll get it.)

(And ? time!)

The Clippers! How much fun would it have been to watch LeBron play with Eric Gordon, a Suddenly In Shape Because LeBron Is Here Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, DeAndre Jordan and especially Blake Griffin? Wouldn't that have been one of the ten most entertaining teams in the past 35 years? Let's see ? the Showtime Lakers, Bird's 1986 Celts, the 2000-02 Kings, the '96 Bulls, the Seven Seconds or Less Suns, maybe the 1983 Sixers, maybe the 1993 Suns, maybe the 2002 Mavs, maybe the '84 Knicks (just because of Bernard and MSG) ? s---, I'd rank the Pipe Dream Clips fifth or sixth. Throwing LeBron on the Knicks or Bulls would have been almost as fun, admittedly, but holy schnikes, LeBron AND Griffin on the same team? It makes me want to put on Jack's "Lost" beard from Season 3 and say, "We have to go back ? "

He does have a point...

Nope. The only correct answer is the Chicago Bulls...not that it matters.

I don't think LeBron would have worked out as well with the Bulls as people think.

Maybe, maybe not. But let's be honest, we're all in the land of make believe at this point. Who knows how the LeClippers would have looked as compared to the LeBulls? I'm just basing it on how all of the pieces seemed to fit at the time. In the future, maybe the Clips will seem like the better choice, but I just don't know how. Dude, the Clippers. Let me say it again. The. Mother. :censored:ing. Clippers.

Lights Out, please don't come at us with the fake Thibedou/Bron turmoil. The Clippers coach is Vinny Del Negro. What the hell would he have done?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Maybe, maybe not. But let's be honest, we're all in the land of make believe at this point. Who knows how the LeClippers would have looked as compared to the LeBulls? I'm just basing it on how all of the pieces seemed to fit at the time. In the future, maybe the Clips will seem like the better choice, but I just don't know how. Dude, the Clippers. Let me say it again. The. Mother. :censored:ing. Clippers.

Lights Out, please don't come at us with the fake Thibedou/Bron turmoil. The Clippers coach is Vinny Del Negro. What the hell would he have done?

I'm not saying the Clippers were the "best choice", I'm just agreeing with Simmons that watching LeBron and Griffin play together would be cool. Would the Clippers be a serious threat with LeBron? I'd doubt it but they would be fun to watch.

As for the Bulls, I think adding LeBron would have messed up their "team" chemistry. Then again, maybe LeBron needs to play with someone like Derrick Rose.

BB52Big.jpg

I'm not saying the Clippers were the "best choice", I'm just agreeing with Simmons that watching LeBron and Griffin play together would be cool. Would the Clippers be a serious threat with LeBron? I'd doubt it but they would be fun to watch.

As for the Bulls, I think adding LeBron would have messed up their "team" chemistry. Then again, maybe LeBron needs to play with someone like Derrick Rose.

Yeah, they'd be fun to watch for sure, except you'd have to hear from Mr. SuperFan over there every night. Who would want that? :)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

He'd have been another Mike Brown or Erik Spoelstra type that allowed himself to get walked all over by LeBron and his entourage. That's the kind of coach you need to have to keep guys like LeBron happy.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I have an honest question as I do not know the answer. But, let's say Bulls and Lakers end up with the same record (and they split against each other this year), and what if the meet in the Finals, who gets home-court advantage?

Thats a good question. In that case, do they go by which conference won the All-Star Game?

Truth is, I probably would'nt find out. The two teams I hate most in basketball vying for a title would drive me crazy, and to save me the headache I would'nt even bother watching it :P

Man, I feel stupid. I was about to ask you, "why do you hate the Bulls? They've done nothing to the Jazz..." Seems like someone (me :P ) forgot about the Bulls and Jazz facing in Finals in '97 and '98. Can't believe I forgot about that lol.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I have an honest question as I do not know the answer. But, let's say Bulls and Lakers end up with the same record (and they split against each other this year), and what if the meet in the Finals, who gets home-court advantage?

Thats a good question. In that case, do they go by which conference won the All-Star Game?

Truth is, I probably would'nt find out. The two teams I hate most in basketball vying for a title would drive me crazy, and to save me the headache I would'nt even bother watching it :P

Man, I feel stupid. I was about to ask you, "why do you hate the Bulls? They've done nothing to the Jazz..." Seems like someone (me :P ) forgot about the Bulls and Jazz facing in Finals in '97 and '98. Can't believe I forgot about that lol.

Ah, no worries! You're not the only one haha, it's totally understandable given that the Finals losses were 14 and 13 years ago. Nothing too crazy (save seemingly half the team bolting for Chicago :P) has happened between the Jazz and the Bulls since. But alot of us still have nightmares about Jordan and PIGpen!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The New York Mets: Providing Sports Comedy Since 1989.

Yes, that 2000 World Series appearance was really hilarious. :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The New York Mets: Providing Sports Comedy Since 1989.

Ayup.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Pacers clinched the playoffs... with 36 wins.

Hey, the Hawks went 37-45 3 seasons ago & ended up taking the future 2007-08 NBA Champs to the limit. It doesn't matter how you get in, just that you get in. As far as teams like the lower seeds are concerned, it's a new day, brand new season, what happened before Game 1 of the 1st Round doesn't mean a damn thing.

That being said, I would not bet money on the Pacers getting past the 1st. :P

Hey, the Hawks went 37-45 3 seasons ago & ended up taking the future 2007-08 NBA Champs to the limit. It doesn't matter how you get in, just that you get in. As far as teams like the lower seeds are concerned, it's a new day, brand new season, what happened before Game 1 of the 1st Round doesn't mean a damn thing.

I still remember that series like it was yesterday. And I'll tell you what...if no one (either in Boston or watching through the tube) knew who the hell Zaza Pachulia was before that series, they damn sure knew after...namely one Kevin Garnett.

I was SO hoping the Hawks could finish the job there...but alas, it was not neant to be. :cursing:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I still remember that series like it was yesterday. And I'll tell you what...if no one (either in Boston or watching through the tube) knew who the hell Zaza Pachulia was before that series, they damn sure knew after...namely one Kevin Garnett.

I was SO hoping the Hawks could finish the job there...but alas, it was not neant to be. :cursing:

Hawks couldn't win in Boston to save their lives in that playoffs, weirdly, they swept them in the next season.

Archived