2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an interesting move, given the whole Sloan/Williams thing. Not sure i'd be happy giving up anything for someone who COULD be an unsettling influence. That being said, the Nets risked becoming a national joke without gettibg a franchise player.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

It's an interesting move, given the whole Sloan/Williams thing. Not sure i'd be happy giving up anything for someone who COULD be an unsettling influence. That being said, the Nets risked becoming a national joke without gettibg a franchise player.

So, in two major sports, the longest tenured head coach is involved in high-profile spat with his team's star player, and both the player and the coach are jettisoned one way or another. Never expected that. Very interesting.

I guess the Knicks now know they will be all about CP3 in 2012 with "D-Will" now a Nyet.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The Nets are a national joke anyway.

Time to think of how this affects me as a Bulls fan. It's not particularly good. The Bulls' biggest need is a quality shooting guard rather than the three-headed monster they're trotting out now. The big target has always been O.J. Mayo. But now that Utah has taken its Hall of Fame coach and All-Star point guard away from itself, they've basically packed it in for the year, which means that Memphis is going to take that last playoff spot. Since the Grizzlies are always hard up for cash, it's hard to see them doing anything but running with that playoff spot and playoff revenue, which means it's highly unlikely that they'll part with Mayo. With him off the market, the Bulls either settle for Courtney Lee or maintain the Bogans-Brewer-Korver status quo, which could cost them a playoff round. Hm.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Oh well D-Will to the Nets, enjoy winning 25 games a year while we get CP3 and win a title.

You assume CP3 will be willing to not take a max contract to go to New York?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oh well D-Will to the Nets, enjoy winning 25 games a year while we get CP3 and win a title.

OK, that is coming from the thought that the 3rd best team in the East (at best), will get out of the conference in 2011*. NYK is closer to be out of the playoffs again than they are to the 5th seed.

*If there is a season since the owners want to reduce the salary cap, install a hard cap, and cut player contracts.

Oh. Hell. No.

It was one thing to lose our state landmark-like coach, now we're going to lose our star player? I can't tell you how sick to the stomach I feel now. I guess he was bound to leave though, so it's better to get something out of it than nothing later. Wow.

I'm really going to hate seeing D-Will leave if this is really set in stone, but being the loyal fan that I am I'm just going to welcome the newcomers as best I can. At least Harris is a proven point guard and Favors is a good young talent. This is still a real whack in the head for me, though.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

OK, that is coming from the thought that the 3rd best team in the East (at best), will get out of the conference in 2011*. NYK is closer to be out of the playoffs again than they are to the 5th seed.

*If there is a season since the owners want to reduce the salary cap, install a hard cap, and cut player contracts.

I've read nothing to suggest that Williams signed an extension meaning he should still be in play for 2012.

I don't get this though... Jerry Sloan just bailed on the Jazz because of run-ins with Deron Williams. Why did the Utah brass not just tell Sloan that they would shop Williams, and to hold off on quitting? This makes no sense. WTF Utah? YOU SUCK!

6uXNWAo.png

2 years from now how are they the 3rd best team in the east? Looking forward, of the five teams ahead of them, the Celtics will be done by then. The Magic will most likely not have Dwight Howard. They're better than the Hawks now, and to be honest if they get CP3, they would be much better than the Heat and Bulls. I might be a little biased, but I'm not the only one saying that. The Nets think that they're making big time moves and countering what the Knicks did when really they're just hurting themselves. Who's gonna be in they're starting 5 now? Anthony Morrow? Give me a break.

The Knicks aren't better than the Hawks right now, and the Knicks aren't winning a title until they get a real coach and not some phony-baloney chuckerphile. They're fun, but built for postseason failure. Did we not watch the Phoenix Suns?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Knicks aren't better than the Hawks right now, and the Knicks aren't winning a title until they get a real coach and not some phony-baloney chuckerphile. They're fun, but built for postseason failure. Did we not watch the Phoenix Suns?

If they get Paul they will win. I will guarantee that.

If they get Paul they will win. I will guarantee that.

Based on what, exactly?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived