2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

Wow, what did the Rockets do to themselves???? They flew under the radar completely. they threw away a top 3 point shooter and developing PG in Aaron Brooks, and gave up probably the most unselfish, hardest working player in the league in Battier. All of this with basically nothing to show for. Goran Dragic (best known for being dunked on by d-rose) and Hasheem Thabeet (the D-League Sensation) are not good trade prizes

Yao Ming is history. The Rockets needed something 7 feet tall to put in the paint, and you know how personnel people are: I can make that guy into a player.

Dragic has real ability, though. He'll be at least as good as Aaron Brooks.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok watching the Bulls tonight they're no doubt making the Eastern Finals, notsure if they could get past the Celtics though.

Don't be so sure, because I'm not sold on the Celtics' moves before the trade deadline. Especially since both O'Neal's haven't been completely healthy this year, and Nenad Krstic isn't exactly gifted on the defensive side of the ball. I guess though they could go after Samuel Dalembert, if the Kings decide to buy him out that is.

Ok watching the Bulls tonight they're no doubt making the Eastern Finals, notsure if they could get past the Celtics though.

Don't be so sure, because I'm not sold on the Celtics' moves before the trade deadline. Especially since both O'Neal's haven't been completely healthy this year, and Nenad Krstic isn't exactly gifted on the defensive side of the ball. I guess though they could go after Samuel Dalembert, if the Kings decide to buy him out that is.

Yeah, after I posted that I was like "you know the Celtics made some awful moves today, maybe Chicago could beat them".

A lot can change from here to May, and it's not like the Bulls dominated.

That's true, but due to the Spurs being so good this year it's caused me to watch more basketball than hockey... at least more so that usual. I've been waiting for the Bulls to stumble this year and they haven't yet. Sadly, I have a feeling the Hawks will face them in the first round, and it'll be quick and painless.

That's true, but due to the Spurs being so good this year it's caused me to watch more basketball than hockey... at least more so that usual. I've been waiting for the Bulls to stumble this year and they haven't yet. Sadly, I have a feeling the Hawks will face them in the first round, and it'll be quick and painless.

Yeah to be honest, in the East it's Celtics, Heat, Bulls and then everybody else. That second tier has the Magic, Hawks, and I guess Knicks. But I can't see anyone but the first three taking it.

Yeah to be honest, in the East it's Celtics, Heat, Bulls and then everybody else. That second tier has the Magic, Hawks, and I guess Knicks. But I can't see anyone but the first three taking it.

If there's a team out of those that will emerge it's the Magic based off of experience and talent alone. The Hawks are reeling and while I really like the Kirk Hinrich trade, due to him being a gritty and gutty defender that the Hawks need. I just think the Hawks are going to have those typical playoff hiccups as they're always known for and fall short down the stretch. The Knicks on the other hand are going to be interesting. They'll make the playoffs, and they might face the Bulls in a perfect contrast of styles, and despite their firepower on offense, I do wonder about Mike D'Antoni's teams come playoff time, as historically they can't deal with teams who play even average defense at best.

Next year, depending on the lockout, and of course what moves are made in the offseason, I could see the Knicks turning into what the Suns were back in 2005.

Bulls 2, Heat 0. Man, that feels good

Chris Bosh had the absolute worst flop I have ever seen, while managing a putrid 1-18 from the field. the ball never lies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9oInCQNzvs

Boozer did catch him in the face but still... That was a funny ass-flop. So delayed lol.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Rumor has it the Nuggets wanted Taj Gibson and a 1st rounder for Afflalo (Haha, yeah right)

What do you expect? The Nuggets are so unreasonable in trade negotiations of any kind that the rest of the league should just stop negotiating with them entirely.

Don't hate 'cause the ClipJoint didn't wanna pony-up for Carmelo. It's not the Denver's fault the Clippers have ZERO telent to offer, outside of the untouchable Blake Griffith.

Not to side with Lights Out, but Eric Gordon is extremely good.

First off, THANK YOU BOSTON! You just guaranteed that the Lakers will 3-Peat, granted that we get past the Spurs, which we will.

I still don't know why the hell the Celtics did that. They pick up another SF and an awful C just because Daniels' might miss the rest of the season? What? If we play them in another Finals we're beating them in 5. Think about it, in the Finals against the Lakers (both '08 and '10) the Celtics are 7-4 with Perkins, and 0-2 without him. People say the reason why they lost Game 6 and Game 7 was the lack of Perkins. I think the new favorites in the East are the Heat and Bulls. I just hope the Bobcats don't make it to the Finals somehow, because if they do, we are screwed! :P

EDIT: Nevermind about the Bobcats, they don't have Wallace anymore. It means we can beat them!

I still don't know why the hell the Celtics did that. They pick up another SF and an awful C just because Daniels' might miss the rest of the season? What? If we play them in another Finals we're beating them in 5. Think about it, in the Finals against the Lakers (both '08 and '10) the Celtics are 7-4 with Perkins, and 0-2 without him. People say the reason why they lost Game 6 and Game 7 was the lack of Perkins. I think the new favorites in the East are the Heat and Bulls. I just hope the Bobcats don't make it to the Finals somehow, because if they do, we are screwed! :P

EDIT: Nevermind about the Bobcats, they don't have Wallace anymore. It means we can beat them!

Nah, you'd still lose in 5. They own you guys.

Honestly though, if the Celtics want to engage in self-cannibalization, then I'm fine with that. I doubt I'll see my dream NBA Finals matchup this year of the Spurs and Hawks facing off for the championship, but at least the Spurs are continuing to look as good as ever.

Honestly though, if the Celtics want to engage in self-cannibalization, then I'm fine with that. I doubt I'll see my dream NBA Finals matchup this year of the Spurs and Hawks facing off for the championship, but at least the Spurs are continuing to look as good as ever.

And I still don't know why they do. It baffles me.

Now I only see the Spurs as a real threat to the Lakers' quest to 3-peat

EDIT: Oh, and why would the Spurs and Hawks be your dream Finals match-up? Just curious :P

EDIT: Oh, and why would the Spurs and Hawks be your dream Finals match-up? Just curious :P

It would be like the Patriots and Packers playing in the Super Bowl. I would win either way.

I used to be a big Seattle Supersonics fan, and would be if they ever returned, but always had a soft spot for the Hawks when I was a kid. Dominique Wilkins, Spud Webb, and the Atlanta Air Force, you know. Once the Supersonics relocated, I found myself playing attention to the Hawks once more and it just so happened that despite falling short against the Celtics in 2008, I found a new group to gravitate towards. Spurs, I was born there, so that's a given.

It would be like the Patriots and Packers playing in the Super Bowl. I would win either way.

I used to be a big Seattle Supersonics fan, and would be if they ever returned, but always had a soft spot for the Hawks when I was a kid. Dominique Wilkins, Spud Webb, and the Atlanta Air Force, you know. Once the Supersonics relocated, I found myself playing attention to the Hawks once more and it just so happened that despite falling short against the Celtics in 2008, I found a new group to gravitate towards. Spurs, I was born there, so that's a given.

Haha, alright. Explains a lot. I've already seen my dream match-up. Twice in fact. Lakers-Celtics. I love the Lakers, and hate the Celtics. The two biggest rivals in the NBA. I'm glad I can say I've seen two Laker-Celtic Finals. But, now I really doubt the C's can make it back, and if they do, Lakers will dominate. The Finals wouldn't even be close.

Let me guess, your favorite baseball teams are the Red Sox, Yankees, and Phillies right? :D

BB52Big.jpg

Nuggets 89, Celtics 75

Hmmmm.

Denver is now 2-0 post-Carmelo Anthony.

Are the Nuggets better without Carmelo and Billups? Probably not. But they are deeper, stronger defensively, and beating the Celtics is no east feat. (And can we please not blame the C's loss on Kendrick Perkins being dealt? It's not like Boston lost a member of the "Big 3+1". What an overreaction.)

6uXNWAo.png

Let me guess, your favorite baseball teams are the Red Sox, Yankees, and Phillies right? :D

Oh, don't you start with me again.

As for baseball, it's Tigers and Red Sox... definitely not Yankees or Phillies. Really though, I care so little about baseball that it could fold tomorrow, and I honestly wouldn't lose sleep over it. I never got into it as a kid, and never really found it to be riveting television to watch. For me, it's fantasy football (whether it be madden or the statistical-kind), football, hockey, basketball, and finally baseball.

If you exclude the 2000's though, most of my teams were perennial underachievers and hadn't won anything of significance, or were in the middle of a massive championship drought. I make no excuses, I'm spoiled.

Archived