2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what really cracks me up? Even though the Big East is getting exposed in March again, they'll have like ten teams ranked in the preseason polls next year again, and the selection committee will try to find a way to put even more Big East teams in the tournament at the expense of teams that deserve a spot more.

The "11th" Big East team, Marquette, did prove that they deserve to be here by beating a 6th-seeded Xavier team many had making a run. Just saying...

Although, as a whole, the Big East is overrated. No reason Georgetown should've been a 6-seed for example.

6fQjS3M.png

It may have been covered, but how did UNC end up playing its first two games essentially on its home court? That ain't right.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I thought so in the first half, but it's been a different story in the second half. Considering the contact they're letting go, I think refs are basically doing a good job. So far it's been a player's game more so than the refs.

Does the NCAA assign conference refs to tournament games the way they do for bowl games? Do conference refs even exist?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Washington gave this game a way but the shot that went of the UNC player's hand there wasn't 0.5 left, there was about 1.1 so it may have mattered in the end.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Well first I was thinking on that potential goaltending, "it was a two pointer anyways, so it wouldnt have changed much". But then Greg Anthony pointed out that there should have been 1.2 seconds left instead of 0.5...just as I thought there wouldn't be controversy, now there's at least a question. In a post-game interview just now, Washington's coach said they asked to check the clock and the refs said they checked it, too. That doesn't look or sound good.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Just because Charles Barkley can't provide an insight to the Michigan-Duke game outside of they're too young to beat Duke. I want the Wolverines to ruin most of the world's brackets.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

It may have been covered, but how did UNC end up playing its first two games essentially on its home court? That ain't right.

It takes about 2.5 hours to drive from Chapel Hill (and Durham, for that matter) to Charlotte. Though I assume Charlotte's got a fair amount of UNC and Duke fans that live there...it's technically a neutral site, especially since UNC-Charlotte is the host school for the Charlotte games. (Plus, with all the Duke fans in the building, Washington had no shortage of fans pulling for them during the game.)

It's hardly the first time that a higher-seeded team has gotten to play so close to home. Ohio State got to play games in Cleveland. Florida got to play games in Tampa. It's a perk the higher-seeded teams get to enjoy. This has been happening for years.

And looking at the free-throw disparity, UNC apparently got home refs along with their "home" court.

Considering the kind of home cooking UW gets in Seattle (watch Isaiah any time he plays at Hec and you'll be astounded with how much the refs let him get away with) I'm willing to let this one slide.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Considering the kind of home cooking UW gets in Seattle (watch Isaiah any time he plays at Hec and you'll be astounded with how much the refs let him get away with) I'm willing to let this one slide.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

That being said, Washington really gave that game away. Too many unforced errors late in the game.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Meh, can I consider it karma then?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived