2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

Texas with another tournament let-down. Wonder how many more chances they've gonna give Rick Barnes.

Can we say they're like Pitt in the Chargers and Sharks category?

Bordering on it. Texas has been to ONE final four, so I might slide them in with the Philadelphia Eagles.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go to hell Syracuse :cursing: what a friggen choke job. The Big East is being exposed as frauds every where.

This was Conference fratricide dude. Granted the only Big East teams to get to the Sweet 16 thus far were the beneficiaries of Conference fratricide...

/Remember all that bitching about Big East teams playing each other in the second round? Bet you're glad for those games now.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Texas with another tournament let-down. Wonder how many more chances they've gonna give Rick Barnes.

To be fair, the Chargers aren't really a fair comparison for either Pitt or Texas. We've moved on to choking in the regular season.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

To be fair, the Chargers aren't really a fair comparison for either Pitt or Texas. We've moved on to choking in the regular season.

Wait.. You play for the Chargers? Is this Philip Rivers??

6uXNWAo.png

I would hardly call a game lost on one play a let-down. It happens. If we had maintained our big halftime lead and dominated Texas throughout the second half, then we'd be able to talk.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I would hardly call a game lost on one play a let-down. It happens. If we had maintained our big halftime lead and dominated Texas throughout the second half, then we'd be able to talk.

I'm talking about the last 12 years of Texas basketball. It seems like the 'Horns ALWAYS lose to lower seeds, with tonight being no exception.

And I think it's even MORE of a let-down the way they choked to Arizona late. They HAD that game.

6uXNWAo.png

I'm talking about the last 12 years of Texas basketball. It seems like the 'Horns ALWAYS lose to lower seeds, with tonight being no exception.

And I think it's even MORE of a let-down the way they choked to Arizona late. They HAD that game.

Yeah, I see what you're saying, but a four seed losing to a five seed isn't a huge difference. Things could have been a lot worse.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

With Notre Dame looking to be toast, we have an interesting (or potentially boring as hell) situation in the Southwest Regional.

We'd have #1 Kansas paired with #12 Richmond and #10 Florida State playing #11 VCU.

Either Kansas is breezing through this region, or they'll get knocked out by another Cinderella and we'll have a 10+ seed in the Final Four.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANAΒ | LAA | LARΒ | LAL | ASU | CSULB |Β USMNTΒ | USWNT |Β LAFCΒ | OCSC |Β MAN UTDΒ |

Good god this conference is doing terrible come tournament time. I don't know how, either, considering they were very solid non-conference in the regular season. Before anyone goes on about how the Big East tournament shouldn't get 11 bids, remember that the bids are based on the regular season, which the Big East did very well in (Marquette's really the only bubble team). As we see, though, that's completely different from how they've played this tournament.

I still say the UConn-Cincy matchup was stupid to have in the 3rd round, though. Cincy I think could've not crapped the bed if they played a Purdue instead.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Richmond will not rollover but Kansas looked really good today and to believe I thought Illinois would continue playing them close well in to the second half.

Go VCU. CAA keeps proving it's now the best mid-major conference.

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

I'll just say that I'm happy this senior class at Illinois is done. Their team might not have as much talent, but they can't be as disappointing as this team was. I wouldn't really be disappointed if Bruce Weber went out with them, I've almost had enough with him. Apparently Jereme Richmond didn't play because he was involved in a locker room scuffle after the Big Ten Tournament loss. It would have been nice to get one of their key players for next year some tournament experience. And Illinois needs a legit big man if they want to have success in the Big Ten. That's the end of my rant, time to watch some good basketball for the rest of the tournament.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Butler, VCU, Marquette, FSU, Richmond.... Ehh, too many Cinderellas in this year's Sweet 16.

You can never have too many Cinderella teams.

No kidding. Since when is a bunch of Cinderellas a bad thing? The more, the better.

Β 

BB52Big.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Notre LAME. Big LEAST. Get 'em all out of your system, guys.

At least we know why the brackets were rigged so Cincy and UConn and Syracuse and Marquette would play.

The Big East needed them to ensure a few face-saving Sweet 16 bids.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived